Sign in to follow this  
iodyne_

FlCl Progressive

FlCl: Progressive (season 2)

tumblr_inline_p5oj2wy1nk1tgfdew_1280.png

Impression after first episode:

Amazing. So nice. Everything that the original was. The chubby transvestite friend is great.

...but the Yuumei headphones are really annoying....will she sue them for stealing her headphones or what...? Should've just made unique original headphones...?

It's annoying because they even made the fact that Yuumei's headphones come in color-changing ones into some dumb part of the character's "personality/mood transforming". Ugh so cringe why they would steal that...lol

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/3/15915404/flcl-2-3-trailer-cat-ear-headphones

FlCl: Alternative  (season 3)

Impression after first episode:

Looks like garbage boring typical slice of life unoriginal uncreative trash.

Pillows are still okay though...but jeez this show is not flcl at all. I hope the 1st episode is purely a joke and it won't be this type of garbage...

Thoughts...?

Need some flcl progressive symbols made. Like from the intro with the pink neon outlined chars. So kewl.

Edited by iodyne_

Nobody? Seriously?

*throws hands up* I give up!

You weebs don't know what's good.

At the risk of sounding really old - which I am, I'll bite.

I just started watching anime a month ago, as my son and I were looking for stuff to watch together. We quickly finished One Punch Man, which we both enjoyed a lot. Then we tried moving on to Fullmetal Alchemist, but it didn't work out for us, so we quickly dropped it.

We found KuroMukuro, and we're well past the halfway point of season 1. Already looking forward to season 2.

When we're done with KuroMukuro, we'll deffo look towards FlCl (if it's on Netflix) as our next project.

Sorry for being a weeb-potato and for not really adding any relevant thoughts to your OP, please have patience.

@asgerlund how old is your son? Depending on if he's 10 or 15 or 20...makes a big difference on what he'll like.

Honestly most of the good ones really aren't something I'd wanna watch with my parents...lol.

@alexandratromp

Did you ever see the first season of FLCL?

You skimmed through season 2 episode 1?

Cause they released season 3 episode one back in April as an "April Fools Joke"...and it was absolutely awful.

I hope you skimmed the right season at least.

Edited by iodyne_

Dropped the one from 2000 after two episodes, I think.

I couldn't stand the protagonists as far as I remember.

Also I can't get in to the Mecha, Sci-Fi genre, it's just not for me, except for the rather mainstream works.

But as long as someone enjoys it. 🙂

Edited by Meta

This is why when I logged into social district this week after years of being away, ppl still are wearing the same boring stuff with no new interesting concepts (other than jaql).

Everyone in game is so dead creatively. Bland and generic. Can't recognize a masterpiece from a hot steaming pile if it hit them in the face.

Everything good is just a copy or carry-over from the old playerbase. Honestly I don't think any of the new players even know what's good and what's not....they only know what is "valuable" and popular according to what everyone else has.

Edited by iodyne_

isnt this the tv head weeb show

i thought the first "season" (?) was pretty self contained

@iodyne_ he's 10. So we're keeping relatively PG it at very mild upskirt action, but that's all you're gonna get on Netflix anyways, as far as I can tell.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:36 AM, AsgerLund said:

At the risk of sounding really old - which I am, I'll bite.

I just started watching anime a month ago, as my son and I were looking for stuff to watch together. We quickly finished One Punch Man, which we both enjoyed a lot. Then we tried moving on to Fullmetal Alchemist, but it didn't work out for us, so we quickly dropped it.

We found KuroMukuro, and we're well past the halfway point of season 1. Already looking forward to season 2.

When we're done with KuroMukuro, we'll deffo look towards FlCl (if it's on Netflix) as our next project.

Sorry for being a weeb-potato and for not really adding any relevant thoughts to your OP, please have patience.

Hunter x Hunter by far. a fantastic story involving a kid just following his dads footsteps in hops that he finds him. its a wild ride and then a emotional ride nearing the end. infact the second to last arc youl be crying from out of nowhere 😄

other than that. there is boku no hero academia. if you want more personalised stuff to watch. you can always PM me on steam or discord 🙂 and il give you recommendations.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Rokeugon could also PM me here if need be

Edited by DiBBz
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

Hunter x Hunter by far. a fantastic story involving a kid just following his dads footsteps in hops that he finds them. its a wild ride and then a emotional ride nearing the end. infact the second to last arc youl be crying from out of nowhere 😄

other than that. there is boku no hero academia. if you want more personalised stuff to watch. you can always PM me on steam or discord 🙂 and il give you recommendations.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Rokeugon could also PM me here if need be

You're a goddamn champ, Dibbzie. Hunter x Hunter sounds like a deffo watch, only issue could be that it's not dubbed to English as far as I can tell?

52 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

You're a goddamn champ, Dibbzie. Hunter x Hunter sounds like a deffo watch, only issue could be that it's not dubbed to English as far as I can tell?

HxH is dubbed. tho i personally never watch anything in dubbed because of the plain english voices are all recognisable etc. as iodyne has pointed out. also take into consideration how old your son is. if your son is anywhere from 5-8 starting anime's like the ones you mentioned as well as dragon ball z etc will work just fine. tho its sad to hear yous couldn't get into full metal alchemist. thats another great anime. especially the updated one brotherhood. 

• Like 1

@asgerlund ah, 10 is pretty young still.

I think when I was 10, I was just watching Pokemon and Sailor Moon and whatever was on Toonami after school.

Most of the better ones aren't PG unfortunately. 😞

I always recommend Samurai Champloo though. Some good soundtrack (nujabes).

I'd describe it as edo period / urban street gangsta style.

It's even got some beatbox scenes and grafitti tagging scenes which I find to be funny since the time period is set so far back.

It has some good fight scenes too. It's on Netflix dubbed. I thibk you should watch that.

• Like 2

Dragon ball z, sailor moon, pokemon, kamichu, cowboy bebop, berserk, rurouni kenshin etc etc... but then again i have an awesome dad that got me the things i needed every once in a while, while my mom never really payed attention except once time when she walked in on me watching sailor moon. think it was episode 10 at the time. and she was like WTF are you watching!

@dibbzz

Berserk?! Man, the Golden Arc trilogy of Berserk is my absolute favorite.... but berserk is definitely not for kids that age.

There's like 3 different instances of no in Berserk...defensively a 13+ series.

And yeah I always felt awkward watching anime with my parents in the room, especially since they were the type to tell me to close my eyes during erotica scenes in movies...I think the one time my mom saw me watching it was Fei from Cowboy Bebop all tied up with her huge knockers bouncing around.

Only movies that I'd be willing to watch with her is the studio Ghibli films.

Edited by iodyne_

On 6/25/2018 at 2:08 PM, iodyne_ said:

This is why when I logged into social district this week after years of being away, ppl still are wearing the same boring stuff with no new interesting concepts (other than jaql).

Everyone in game is so dead creatively. Bland and generic. Can't recognize a masterpiece from a hot steaming pile if it hit them in the face.

Everything good is just a copy or carry-over from the old playerbase. Honestly I don't think any of the new players even know what's good and what's not....they only know what is "valuable" and popular according to what everyone else has.

With more ingame pop comes more talent. I guess there just isnt any right now. Perhaps after we start seeing content patches, the pop will go up and better customization starting to appear. 

Sign in to follow this