DOUK

This game's dwindling playerbase is entirely the fault of the players.

That's it. Over the past 12 years the players are to blame for the game's death. Actively shitting on everyone who joins the game repeatedly until they uninstall. The reason you're left with 255 sweaties with overpowered guns is everyone else left.

APB is a game for 0.00000000000000001% of the population to enjoy. Aimbotters and people who happen to be born with sub 200ms reaction times. Over 12 years the people in charge of the game have done nothing to change that.

It's a shame the creative efforts of so many people were ruined by a tiny sadistic group.

Edited by DOUK
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DOUK said:

That's it. Over the past 12 years the players are to blame for the game's death. Actively shitting on everyone who joins the game repeatedly until they uninstall.

This is only one part of the problem. We haven't seen any exciting game content/additions since the lastest contacts were released years ago. Apparently, the old game engine can't handle planned future expansions, now ‘The Engine Upgrade‘ is not happening anytime Soon〈™〉,  for who knows how long does it take.

1 hour ago, DOUK said:

That's it. Over the past 12 years the players are to blame for the game's death. Actively shitting on everyone who joins the game repeatedly until they uninstall. The reason you're left with 255 sweaties with overpowered guns is everyone else left.

APB is a game for 0.00000000000000001% of the population to enjoy. Aimbotters and people who happen to be born with sub 200ms reaction times. Over 12 years the people in charge of the game have done nothing to change that.

It's a shame the creative efforts of so many people were ruined by a tiny sadistic group.

It's not the fault of those people, it is the fault of the developers. By failing to implement a decent matchmaking system and allowing dethreading.

It's not like this is the only game with highly "skilled" players. Every game has people with a good amount of skill, but they're placed with people of equal skill.

New players / beginners are getting stomped by these people because of GF and LO's lack of ability to prevent these things. Not to mention opening up the threads (which was probably needed to even be able to play the game) but having a negative consequence of putting 10K hour golds with Trainees

3 hours ago, Jorlak said:

It's not the fault of those people, it is the fault of the developers. By failing to implement a decent matchmaking system and allowing dethreading.

It's not like this is the only game with highly "skilled" players. Every game has people with a good amount of skill, but they're placed with people of equal skill.

New players / beginners are getting stomped by these people because of GF and LO's lack of ability to prevent these things. Not to mention opening up the threads (which was probably needed to even be able to play the game) but having a negative consequence of putting 10K hour golds with Trainees

Absolutely agree that G1 & LO should've prevented dethreating and done better on matchmaking, not to mention that they completely failed to develop the game in any way for about 7 years, but I saw a lot of players attempt to justify their dethreating with self-serving bullshoot ("I can't get matches." "I'm not really Gold." "Gold is full oh hackers" and so forth) over the years. Well before we reached the point where the population couldn't take threat segregation anymore. Those players are far from blameless.

We're at such a dumpster fire level with this game that there's plenty of blame to go around in any case.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 2

Those in charge over the years had the power to influence player standards, I feel their actions or lack of actions created this toxic piss pot that remains.

• Like 3

10+ year old game that gets no updates
yeah its probably the players' fault

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DOUK said:

you sound suspiciously like a certain deltron that had a mental breakdown ingame yesterday

what about people who rant for hours in district chat and repeatedly send their opp toxic whispers, do you think they contribute to the overall decline of apb as well?

a lot of people have already said it, but inaction from the devs is the biggest "apb killer" - not just in terms of content and bug fixes, but in terms of a sense of abandonment that allows players to feel as if they wont be punished for acting inappropriately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DOUK said:

tiny sadistic group.

Because Lo listened to and catered to the wants n whims of of the very same sadistic group.

they turned off the anticheats, then they nerfed any gun that could kill a hacker.

Then they desegregated letting that sadistic group into bronze to farm.

Then staff went in to protect them from hacusation.

Final straw, the CEO refuses to comment or show up.

Hacks n Sweaty Golds in premades are mad now they cant get decent opp.

Why be opp, the golds will teleport to the A point n the Regular player wont

get any xp, i mean Zero progression xp. Then after they hack out the mission 

they call EZ n insult your mother and there's not a thing you can do about it. 

p.s. You Reap What You Sow

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DOUK said:

Over the past 12 years the players are to blame for the game's death.

6 hours ago, DOUK said:

yea maybe gettin ur head out of ur as*

1 hour ago, Rade said:

Those in charge over the years had the power to influence player standards, I feel their actions or lack of actions created this toxic piss pot that remains

exactly..

3 hours ago, MacF0oK said:

they turned off the anticheats, then they nerfed any gun that could kill a hacker.

This is certainly noticeable when you're playing FC. Maybe this is the reason why we can see so many demolition weapons being used.

3 hours ago, MacF0oK said:

Final straw, the CEO refuses to comment or show up.

Perhaps he has experienced a mental breakdown.

15 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Perhaps he has experienced a mental breakdown.

He's living in a HMO in Bumtown just down the road from me where the average life expectancy for a male is about 50, I thought I saw him staring forlornly out of the window of the no2 bus surrounded by smack monkeys, feral children and pissed up dossers. Unless that was one of the early prototypes that escaped from the lab.

On 6/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, DOUK said:

My characters have only ever shit the back of their pants. I've always tried to help new players, others do too, someone once gave me and a few others 100,000 each back in the early days when I was starting out. I've given away loads of stuff, millions worth of vehicles and mods though having just started a new character, Mr LeakyBumBumGuff, level 51, I have a better idea of what is useful to new players, I never bothered to check the rank things required when giving stuff away, didn't realise my 2 slot looting van required such a high level. Clotting agent 3 can be used early, spray cans, crowbars and mugging tools, car spawner, nitro 1 or 2 depending on their level, even a chunk of spare change, 100,000 or something. When I was playing as max rank Farty, I let low level cops shoot me a few times and stay back so they can do some objectives, as I was only doing the missions to unlock primitives at that point. I've had max rank cops just insta kill me whenever I go near the objective as a level 10 and earned 0 points, that's irritating, could at least let me do an objective, don't be that dickhead.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff
  • Like 3

Didnt even read the post but no. the problem is not the playerbase. the problem is that there is no new content in the game, the game has great replayability, but there is NOTHING new is the game for YEARS.

also, the game is running on 32Bit which is Hella outdated and it doesnt utilize the computers nowdays and runs like shit for a 13 years old game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ebola-Chan said:

Didnt even read the post but no. the problem is not the playerbase. the problem is that there is no new content in the game, the game has great replayability, but there is NOTHING new is the game for YEARS.

also, the game is running on 32Bit which is Hella outdated and it doesnt utilize the computers nowdays and runs like shit for a 13 years old game.

I mean we could blame both gamerslast and little orbit after real-time worlds collapsed to shit and the players where most of the gold vets and some silvers are pricks ive only met 3 golds that aren't arrogant twats that actually helped me deal with people like them , looking at TF2 which is dealing with shit worse than what this game is going through and with shitty updates like "f2p can't chat" meanwhile there's like omegatwat bots bypassing the crap yet still going strong where most of the vets aren't pricks unless it's a spy main which i have been able to beat the crap out of before. Oh forget to mention the last major update tf2 had was 5 years ago 

All of the Above.  Your All right.

Its not One thing, its a string of things.

Yes developer content or lack of.

Yes behavior issues of Hackey kind, and the lack of staff oversight, involvement, anticheat program.

Yes desegregation without an anticheat, after the hackeys chased everyone out they cried to get into bronze.

Yes untrustworthy staff let golds play in bronze, Enraging the remainder of Legits.

Yes said few legits now Rage about, hacusing any gold they see n running them over for GP

Yes All of the Above n every point everyone has made leads directly back to mismanagement.   

• Thanks 2

Ah yes, it's our fault this game has no active updates and development.
It's our fault 2 companies has been promising a new engine for the past 10+ years and delivered nothing but lies.
And it's our fault that the CEO is missing after 6 months with 0 news.
Of course.

• Like 2

Yes, every patch since 2011 decreasing performance to the point where PCs that used to run the game fine can no longer run it and no fixes is entirely player's fault. Unbanning all hackers banned by punkbuster and giving them free premium is player's fault. Unbanning all hackers banned by fairfight is all player's fault. Incompetent matchmaking thinking 1 gold and 3 silvers vs 4 golds is fair also player's fault. No new content since like 2015 is player's fault. Engine upgrade not coming since Q1 2014 is entirely player's fault.

Thousands of people lurking online checking for any news regarding this game waiting to return when some of the issues above have been resolved.

Low quality bait mate try again.

Edited by Weaboos
  • Like 3

New enforcer in town, turning criminals pants brown. Introducing Special Agent FlabbyTits IkdAiOl.jpg

GbIvgON.jpg

Here he is out shopping with his mother.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, DOUK said:

sorry, my bad for playing the game. You're right

On 6/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

NIkdAiOl.jpg

GbIvgON.jpg

Here he is out shopping with his mother.

She is in good shape. 🤣

• Like 1

This is the only old school game who has the most population on the planet.

Everyone who cry about the game, are still playing it over years and they not gona uninstall it.

Cheaters who got 9999999+ accounts banned are still playing it.

Forum Trolls, Toxic players and players who just get farmed like pokemons are still playing it.

Matt Scott who gives a shit about the game and waiting every day only for his money is still silent and not gona give up.

-And the End-

-> We all fine, no problems here 🤡

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Senkrecht said:

Matt Scott

Matt was Warned many times including direct message, that if he continued to remain absent, 

certain people were going to start cheating and taking the Law in their own hands,

burning said Law and making their own Law.

Not a matter of an engine or who's hacking, its a matter of, if there is no matt, then there is no support, no staff at all.

We've been abandoned. not to mention I find it very Rude of him 

apb takes everything

apb is all

bet you don't got time to ball

because in san paro

only 1 guy plays for airforce

Andy

On 6/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, Bruhd101 said:

I mean we could blame both gamerslast and little orbit

you may forgot MoneyFirst and Liberal Orbit

I wanted to write something on this because it's been on my mind ever since seeing this and now it's popped back up. Yes, I believe you are correct technically that the playerbase has hurt the population, but what you are not considering is that this is the norm in a PvP multiplayer game.

A company always, always has to control and stop the community from hurting itself, that's why every game has moderators and TOS etc etc. The only way Apb is unique in this situation is in the ways in which the entirely predicable rapscallion behavior can manifest. But honestly, in my opinion the burden of responsibility lies on the company in control for not corralling their own playerbase.