Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jorlak

Shotgun / Tazer

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I thought you meant a different gun, bigger one, not secondary. I'm unfamiliar with the names of all the guns. I don't think I've ever been stunned with a handgun. I tried a colby, surely it means it takes  0.8 seconds between shots, not to kill because it's fucking useless, it takes 3 shots to kill and there's no way it fires 3 shots in 0.8 seconds, it shoots so slow you die between shots.

you're living in a different reality than the rest of us my guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know who writes this shit but how are you supposed to tap fire 6 shots in 0.7 seconds because if you hold the fire button down you can't hit a barn door with it at distance, I always get stunned with that CCG almost instantly before I can even half kill them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I don't know who writes this shit but how are you supposed to tap fire 6 shots in 0.7 seconds because if you hold the fire button down you can't hit a barn door with it at distance, I always get stunned with that CCG almost instantly before I can even half kill them

I assume it's based on damage per bullet based on your health and the interval/fire rate of the weapon. It's also not based on tap firing but just spraying at point blank range.

 

Just because your experience is different which can be based on a lot of different things. Doesn't mean that it's not how it is, since these are official stats of the game itself.

Edited by Jorlak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

I assume it's based on damage per bullet based on your health and the interval/fire rate of the weapon. It's also not based on tap firing but just spraying at point blank range.

 

Just because your experience is different which can be based on a lot of different things. Doesn't mean that it's not how it is, since these are official stats of the game itself.

I get that, sometimes the NPC's don't even die right away when I shoot at them, I think at least half my shots are ghost shots that don't register. That 45 pistol confuses me though, I read it was OP so got one and it shoots so slowly I found it useless, I have better luck running up on them with my machine gun pistol thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I get that, sometimes the NPC's don't even die right away when I shoot at them, I think at least half my shots are ghost shots that don't register. That 45 pistol confuses me though, I read it was OP so got one and it shoots so slowly I found it useless, I have better luck running up on them with my machine gun pistol thing.

If you learn it's shooting pattern, or for example bind your key for shooting to scroll wheel down, and you scroll downwards the .45 has a less chance of jamming ( which probably happened to you )

When you can fire it at a fast rate it becomes quite strong.

 

But yeah I've seen a lot of threads about this game's hitreg being bad too so that might explain some things too.

Edited by Jorlak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LTL is hard mode.

My only complaint is that crims don’t have a similar option.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jorlak said:

But in the process making arresting people practically useless to do, not only that the base CCG is the only LTL weapon worth to use, you're literally leveling the cop rank for nothing till you get the OPGL LTL


Which is a ridiculous grind. I chose Enforcer to be a cop, I just feel like a criminal organization with sirens on it's car.

Exactly. Since LTL doesn't come with open-slot weapons, it only becomes better when the grind is already over and even then it is still leagues behind actual weapons.

 

They seem to want to make APB team red vs team blue rather than Criminals vs Cops, kills some decent potential tbh.

 

2 hours ago, Jorlak said:

And a PIG takes 1 seconds to stun someone
unknown.png

 

Sadly, it is actually worse. PIG would stun in 1 second if it had more shots before reloading but it only comes with 1.

 

Since PIG requires 1.25 seconds to reload, that's its actual time to stun if used without help from any other source. PIG on its own is a death-sentence in a 1v1 fight.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I thought you meant a different gun, bigger one, not secondary. I'm unfamiliar with the names of all the guns. I don't think I've ever been stunned with a handgun. I tried a colby, surely it means it takes  0.8 seconds between shots, not to kill because it's fucking useless, it takes 3 shots to kill and there's no way it fires 3 shots in 0.8 seconds, it shoots so slow you die between shots.

You have to be the most dense person in these forums. There are no premium LTL guns that cost JT, all LTL guns are free. And yes colby .45 AP kills in 0.8 sec.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

You have to be the most dense person in these forums. There are no premium LTL guns that cost JT, all LTL guns are free. And yes colby .45 AP kills in 0.8 sec.

I haven't a fucking clue about LTL guns I have never used one, don't play as cop

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I thought you meant a different gun, bigger one, not secondary. I'm unfamiliar with the names of all the guns. I don't think I've ever been stunned with a handgun. I tried a colby, surely it means it takes  0.8 seconds between shots, not to kill because it's fucking useless, it takes 3 shots to kill and there's no way it fires 3 shots in 0.8 seconds, it shoots so slow you die between shots.

My man confused Colby .45 ap for Colby RSA. Also your legendary WiFi connection does not help 😂

 

Merged.

 

17 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Exactly. Since LTL doesn't come with open-slot weapons, it only becomes better when the grind is already over and even then it is still leagues behind actual weapons.

 

They seem to want to make APB team red vs team blue rather than Criminals vs Cops, kills some decent potential tbh.

 

Sadly, it is actually worse. PIG would stun in 1 second if it had more shots before reloading but it only comes with 1.

 

Since PIG requires 1.25 seconds to reload, that's its actual time to stun if used without help from any other source. PIG on its own is a death-sentence in a 1v1 fight.

I don't think anybody uses pig on its own usually it's pig+perc

 

Merged.

 

16 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I haven't a fucking clue about LTL guns I have never used one, don't play as cop

Fk the police, am I right? 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weaboos said:

I don't think anybody uses pig on its own usually it's pig+perc

Yes, that's right

 

The good part is that PIG+Perc is now effectively gone. Now I wish Perc+OCA/PMG/ACES would get slightly less easy-mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Yes, that's right

 

The good part is that PIG+Perc is now effectively gone. Now I wish Perc+OCA/PMG/ACES would get slightly less easy-mode.

That actually made me think, because someone stated that LO probably wanted something else to be used in CQC instead of the JG + PIG.

 

But why would you nerf a CQC intended tazer and keep it so that LTL as a whole are only somewhat but not entirely effective at medium ranges.

 

I used to play Multi Theft Auto Online which is like a GTA San Andreas multiplayer mod where people can host their own servers with plugins/scripts. Kind of like FiveM for GTA 5.

If y'all knew how tazers and arresting worked over there, you'd be glad the way it works in APB lmao.

 

You basically walk around with a normal tazer (comparable to the PIG) it holds 2 bullets per chamber and has a normal fire rate.

If you get hit, your character falls to the ground for 3-5 seconds, the cop walks over to you, hits you once with a nightstick and you'll be jailed from 1 seconds till up to 15 minutes in jail (based on your wanted stars)

 

Barely anyone complains about that system over there btw, and that's x1000 more OP than LTL weaponry in APB.

Not to mention that official created police squads get flashbangs and stun grenades which they can throw during a chase on foot, slowing your character down for 3 seconds allowing the cop to get within range to use the tazer.

 

Edited by Jorlak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jorlak said:

That actually made me think, because someone stated that LO probably wanted something else to be used in CQC instead of the JG + PIG.

They wanted to lessen/destroy quickswitching. Shotgun+PIG was nerfed, Shotgun+Snub (this one was really busted because it used to kill in 0.1s) was nerfed to ~0.5s (still decent), Pistol+HVR was severely nerfed (HVR's damage is now linked to crosshair size, meaning the player must be aiming down sights fully to do full damage, a cheap fix that made it a charge rifle).

 

They wanted to streamline things, less quickswitching because it 'annoyed' people. Therefore, shotgun+pig got its treatment as well.

 

1 hour ago, Jorlak said:

But why would you nerf a CQC intended tazer and keep it so that LTL as a whole are only somewhat but not entirely effective at medium ranges.

Because they prioritize bad decisions. They'd kill something rather than balance it better. For example, rather than remove Improved Rifling 3 on the RFP-Fang, they simply made all variants of RFP a tall-order to use. The weapon currently has no place in a serious match (requires 1.5s at best to kill).

 

Similarly, rather than make arrested-criminals be sent to the spawn map faster (which alone would open things up and make the experience overall better for both factions), they decided to make PIG weak. So now Enforcers will struggle more and Criminals will still dislike the extra wait. I'm not sure why again LO went with the bad route. At this point, it is clear that those in charge of balancing are inside-jobbers with the objective of making the game objectively worse for everyone.

 

1 hour ago, Jorlak said:

I used to play Multi Theft Auto Online which is like a GTA San Andreas multiplayer mod where people can host their own servers with plugins/scripts. Kind of like FiveM for GTA 5.

If y'all knew how tazers and arresting worked over there, you'd be glad the way it works in APB lmao.

 

You basically walk around with a normal tazer (comparable to the PIG) it holds 2 bullets per chamber and has a normal fire rate.

If you get hit, your character falls to the ground for 3-5 seconds, the cop walks over to you, hits you once with a nightstick and you'll be jailed from 1 seconds till up to 15 minutes in jail (based on your wanted stars)

 

Barely anyone complains about that system over there btw, and that's x1000 more OP than LTL weaponry in APB.

Not to mention that official created police squads get flashbangs and stun grenades which they can throw during a chase on foot, slowing your character down for 3 seconds allowing the cop to get within range to use the tazer.

 

GTA is so entertaining in that regard because it is overall more logical. LTL weapons are quite effective as they should. When it comes to APB however, even actual weapons are like water-guns so LTL will naturally be worse.

 

I also remember the days  when GTA San Andreas Multiplayer was the thing, Cops were good at the game and it was fun pissing them off and having them chase you down to put you in jail. It never annoyed me one bit because it made sense for what it was. I fear APB will further detach itself from the theme of Enforcers vs Criminals. That's how a game becomes more bland & loses more players. No reason to play it if it isn't special anymore.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

They wanted to lessen/destroy quickswitching. Shotgun+PIG was nerfed, Shotgun+Snub (this one was really busted because it used to kill in 0.1s) was nerfed to ~0.5s (still decent), Pistol+HVR was severely nerfed (HVR's damage is now linked to crosshair size, meaning the player must be aiming down sights fully to do full damage, a cheap fix that made it a charge rifle).

 

They wanted to streamline things, less quickswitching because it 'annoyed' people. Therefore, shotgun+pig got its treatment as well.

 

Because they prioritize bad decisions. They'd kill something rather than balance it better. For example, rather than remove Improved Rifling 3 on the RFP-Fang, they simply made all variants of RFP a tall-order to use. The weapon currently has no place in a serious match (requires 1.5s at best to kill).

 

Similarly, rather than make arrested-criminals be sent to the spawn map faster (which alone would open things up and make the experience overall better for both factions), they decided to make PIG weak. So now Enforcers will struggle more and Criminals will still dislike the extra wait. I'm not sure why again LO went with the bad route. At this point, it is clear that those in charge of balancing are inside-jobbers with the objective of making the game objectively worse for everyone.

 

GTA is so entertaining in that regard because it is overall more logical. LTL weapons are quite effective as they should. When it comes to APB however, even actual weapons are like water-guns so LTL will naturally be worse.

 

I also remember the days  when GTA San Andreas Multiplayer was the thing, Cops were good at the game and it was fun pissing them off and having them chase you down to put you in jail. It never annoyed me one bit because it made sense for what it was. I fear APB will further detach itself from the theme of Enforcers vs Criminals. That's how a game becomes more bland & loses more players. No reason to play it if it isn't special anymore.

 

Couldn't have said it any better!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I get that, sometimes the NPC's don't even die right away when I shoot at them, I think at least half my shots are ghost shots that don't register. That 45 pistol confuses me though, I read it was OP so got one and it shoots so slowly I found it useless, I have better luck running up on them with my machine gun pistol thing.

the .45 has the same ttk as the Fr0g series. Its got a .8 ttk, and fires faster than the FBW which has a 1.05 ttk. I assume you aren't firing it at the correct ROF. NFA kills the fastest for pistols. Unless you mean PDW for mahcine pistol, which is still higher and less accurate.

15 hours ago, Weaboos said:

My man confused Colby .45 ap for Colby RSA. Also your legendary WiFi connection does not help 😂

 

Merged.

That explains it

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LilyRain said:

made it a charge rifle

Finally, someone else gets it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Weaboos said:

My man confused Colby .45 ap for Colby RSA. Also your legendary WiFi connection does not help 😂

 

Merged.

 

I don't think anybody uses pig on its own usually it's pig+perc

 

Merged.

 

Fk the police, am I right? 😂

I tried to play as a cop a long time ago but it was hard work because of all the car surfing, rapid firing, rocket launching reprobates. They would drive by and blow you up as soon as you spawned or got in a car and drove anywhere. I gave up after a few missions in a row of 0 points.

I only have a choice of two Colby, the RSA and a shorter one, 1.7sec and 1.5 sec so where do you get the ap?

Also why can't my friend sell or send me guns, when I look in the auction there's guns for sale there.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I tried to play as a cop a long time ago but it was hard work because of all the car surfing, rapid firing, rocket launching reprobates. They would drive by and blow you up as soon as you spawned or got in a car and drove anywhere. I gave up after a few missions in a row of 0 points.

I only have a choice of two Colby, the RSA and a shorter one, 1.7sec and 1.5 sec so where do you get the ap?

Also why can't my friend sell or send me guns, when I look in the auction there's guns for sale there.

Colby .45 ap is a paid only weapon unless you grind joke tickets to get one (real life M1911) It's the one that 99% of gold's tryhard with so I imagine it will get some sort of fix in the future as with all overly popular guns. You can get a free trial of it from armas and joker shop to try out yourself.

 

Regarding cops vs crim opposition in my experience it's opposite - more new players start out as crim because "lul GTA crimezzz thug life" so as a cop I would more often get low rank silvers as opponents.

 

Regarding trading only "legendary" lootbox guns are tradeable so your friend needs to have some of those if he wants to sell/lend you them.

Edited by Weaboos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Weaboos said:

Colby .45 ap is a paid only weapon unless you grind joke tickets to get one (real life M1911) It's the one that 99% of gold's tryhard with so I imagine it will get some sort of fix in the future as with all overly popular guns. You can get a free trial of it from armas and joker shop to try out yourself.

 

Regarding cops vs crim opposition in my experience it's opposite - more new players start out as crim because "lul GTA crimezzz thug life" so as a cop I would more often get low rank silvers as opponents

I imagine it'll have been nerfed by the time I've got enough JT to buy one. I need 9,700 for a Vegas 4x4, that's going to take about a year. I have made a bit of progress on my own cop character, maxed out a contact first mission I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I imagine it'll have been nerfed by the time I've got enough JT to buy one. I need 9,700 for a Vegas 4x4, that's going to take about a year. I have made a bit of progress on my own cop character, maxed out a contact first mission I did.

I don't think .45 will get nerfed any time soon buddy.

And I'm sure you couldn't play with it anyway and would complain the game 'scammed' you out of all those hard earned JT just because 'cheaters' use the colby .45 ap all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is everyone miscalculating DPS? The usual formula of “attacks per second * damage per attack” does not conform to reality.

It took making my own game and expericmenting with TTK as an idea to eventually figure this out but it's quite simple.

 

Take two weapons: Machinegun vs Shotgun

Machinegun rate of fire is 100ms, Damage is 10.

Shotgun rate of fire is 1000ms, Damage is 100.

Standard DPS of MG is calculated to be 100.

Standard DPS of SG is calculated to be 100.

 

I argue that that in reality the time between attacks starts exactly at the same time as damage is dealt.

Meaning any weapon with a fire rate that is a factor of 1 second will have fired when the timer starts and when it ends.

Therefore in the span of 1 second the Shotgun will have fired twice and the Machinegun will have fire eleven times, Making the true Damage-Per-Second of the Shotgun 200 and Machinegun 110.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Someone said:

Is it just me or is everyone miscalculating DPS? The usual formula of “attacks per second * damage per attack” does not conform to reality.

It took making my own game and expericmenting with TTK as an idea to eventually figure this out but it's quite simple.

 

Take two weapons: Machinegun vs Shotgun

Machinegun rate of fire is 100ms, Damage is 10.

Shotgun rate of fire is 1000ms, Damage is 100.

Standard DPS of MG is calculated to be 100.

Standard DPS of SG is calculated to be 100.

 

I argue that that in reality the time between attacks starts exactly at the same time as damage is dealt.

Meaning any weapon with a fire rate that is a factor of 1 second will have fired when the timer starts and when it ends.

Therefore in the span of 1 second the Shotgun will have fired twice and the Machinegun will have fire eleven times, Making the true Damage-Per-Second of the Shotgun 200 and Machinegun 110.

has anyone been dropping dps calculations in this thread?

 

i dont find raw dps all that useful in apb, it only slightly matters for niche stuff like specific av weapons or kevlar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, Jorlak said:

But why would it matter?

Quick switching the shotgun to PIG holds no higher advantage over just regular weapons?

It does, QS has always been frown upon since you minimize the TTK / TTS
Most weapons have a TTK around 1s and QS can cut that down.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spillra said:

It does, QS has always been frown upon since you minimize the TTK / TTS
Most weapons have a TTK around 1s and QS can cut that down.
 

True, but the thing is. A crim with a JG has the same amount of kill potential as a cop JG / PIG QS and not only that, JG to Showstopper QS is still possible, so the nerf of itself is just a weird way of balancing things.

 

Edited by Jorlak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...