Sign in to follow this  
Jorlak

Shotgun / Tazer

Hey! I just started playing APB again, the last time that I played APB was a year ago, and during that time you had the possibility to use a technique of shooting someone blank range with a shotgun and quick swapping to a PIG to stun someone.

However I noticed that this is no longer possible, has the technique overall been nerfed? Or just one of the two weapons making it no longer possible to do

Just now, Yeedman said:

pig had a damage nerf, does 750 now

Oh wauw.. why was it nerfed though?

27 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

Oh wauw.. why was it nerfed though?

because people were quickswitching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

Yeah, but OP was quick swapping tho.

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

But why would it matter?

Quick switching the shotgun to PIG holds no higher advantage over just regular weapons?

2 hours ago, Jorlak said:

why was it nerfed though?

Because thats What L.O. does. 

In general, if it was Cool, efficient, or worked properly, They nerfed it. 

They nerfed any weapon that killed a Cryer.

Some random comes in here n cries, n they nerf it..

Not just guns, we used to have standing wheelies from nitro 3 on a Vegas 4x.

Cryers complained trolls were crashing them n flipping them using the nos.

So instead of punishing the troll, they punish everyone. n nerf the wheelie effect.

n same trolls still flip people without that wheelie. So they did no good. 

That pig thing stuns me before I can barely shoot anyone anyway, it only takes them half a second, it fires pretty quickly and for a shotgun has more range than any I've used. At least the orange one does, I don't know if there's a less powerful version.

1 hour ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

That pig thing stuns me before I can barely shoot anyone anyway, it only takes them half a second, it fires pretty quickly and for a shotgun has more range than any I've used. At least the orange one does, I don't know if there's a less powerful version.

Yeah but like in a close quarter combat battle, the pig does not hold up to someone just using the JG? Why is JG + PIG nerfed because of it's ttk, but you can still JG to revolver or to showstopper someone. Isn't that like a weird way to balance things?

You can only use the combination on 1 on 1 battles and even than, if you fuck up the pig shot which have you to carefully aim, you die.

I don't get it like I genuinely don't, it's not like arresting is a more OP way of killing people, since you have to run over to the person, and even semi-lock yourself in a animation. Not only that, your teammate can help you out again after killing the enforcer.

Which brings me back to my former point, why is it still possible to JG quick switch to revolver/showstopper to achieve almost a similar effect but this time killing the person.

But a weaker and less-advantage type of technique nerfed because "OP"

Edited by Jorlak

4 hours ago, Jorlak said:

Yeah but like in a close quarter combat battle, the pig does not hold up to someone just using the JG? Why is JG + PIG nerfed because of it's ttk, but you can still JG to revolver or to showstopper someone. Isn't that like a weird way to balance things?

You can only use the combination on 1 on 1 battles and even than, if you fuck up the pig shot which have you to carefully aim, you die.

I don't get it like I genuinely don't, it's not like arresting is a more OP way of killing people, since you have to run over to the person, and even semi-lock yourself in a animation. Not only that, your teammate can help you out again after killing the enforcer.

Which brings me back to my former point, why is it still possible to JG quick switch to revolver/showstopper to achieve almost a similar effect but this time killing the person.

But a weaker and less-advantage type of technique nerfed because "OP"

i assume because orbit felt the pig was out of line in that situation - the jg was far from the only gun the pig could effectively qs with, i think the only combos left are nl9/pig and scout/pig 

jg/snub has also been nerfed, and jg/showstopper barely qualifies as qsing

50 minutes ago, glaciers said:

i assume because orbit felt the pig was out of line in that situation - the jg was far from the only gun the pig could effectively qs with, i think the only combos left are nl9/pig and scout/pig 

jg/snub has also been nerfed, and jg/showstopper barely qualifies as qsing

This is pretty much the same way JG + PIG worked

Edited by Jorlak

12 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

[video]

This is pretty much the same way JG + PIG worked

yeah i understand how qsing works lol, this particular combo just isnt particularly worth the effort for a .05s ttk reduction

13 minutes ago, glaciers said:

yeah i understand how qsing works lol, this particular combo just isnt particularly worth the effort for a .05s ttk reduction

But it has the exact same speed, and has the same kill potential as the JG + PIG, so It's stupid how this is still a thing but the pig isnt

2 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

But it has the exact same speed, and has the same kill potential as the JG + PIG, so It's stupid how this is still a thing but the pig isnt

i dont think the nerf was about raw takeout speed, but rather the jg/pig (and the other pig combos) being able to significantly outpace other ltl without giving up lethal options

i would have made jg/pig more difficult or risky instead of outright removal, but orbit seems intent on more defined niches for stuff

On 6/17/2022 at 4:09 PM, Jorlak said:

But why would it matter?

Quick switching the shotgun to PIG holds no higher advantage over just regular weapons?

Because they wanted cj3 OCA to be the prime thing to use in CQC rather than have things fairly up to players. Making APB more of a chess-game when it doesn't need more of it.

Funny enough, on the very same patch, they have buffed OCA's ttk to a default 0.67 rather than 0.7s, meaning cj3 OCA was even more quick. Thankfully that was reverted.

APB's gameplay-potential will stay stagnant till those in charge of balancing get some angel-blessings or be replaced.

13 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Because they wanted cj3 OCA to be the prime thing to use in CQC rather than have things fairly up to players. Making APB more of a chess-game when it doesn't need more of it.

Funny enough, on the very same patch, they have buffed OCA's ttk to a default 0.67 rather than 0.7s, meaning cj3 OCA was even more quick. Thankfully that was reverted.

APB's gameplay-potential will stay stagnant till those in charge of balancing get some angel-blessings or be replaced.

But in the process making arresting people practically useless to do, not only that the base CCG is the only LTL weapon worth to use, you're literally leveling the cop rank for nothing till you get the OPGL LTL

Which is a ridiculous grind. I chose Enforcer to be a cop, I just feel like a criminal organization with sirens on it's car.

Edited by Jorlak
  • Like 1

My inner crim is happy at the sight of any ltl nerfs 😂

1 hour ago, Weaboos said:

My inner crim is happy at the sight of any ltl nerfs 😂

Why would you though? You're always in an advantage whenever a cop uses LTL weaponry. I'd rather have a cop use LTL than normal weapons.

The only reason a criminal would dislike getting tazed/arrested is because it hurts their fragile ego because it's embarrassing to be downed in such a silly/underpowered way.

Oh let's put RPG's, OSMAW's, Grenade Launchers, lethal fast firing cqc weapons, (semi-op) legendary weapons for every weapon model in the game.

But a shotgun/pig or a LTL shotgun that fires just as fast as a JG is where we call it OP? What?..

My points on why I feel like LTL is underpowered

• Cop renders itself ineffective at long/long-medium ranges
  • Most of the time LTL weaponry fire slower than lethal weapons, giving the crim a little more control over the fight.
  • You get stunned instead of dying, so if the cop fails to get to you in time, or if the cop dies. You get to live on and continue
  • The cop has to semi-lock him/herself in a animation creating more time for a teammate to help you out.
  • Whenever the cop dies your teammate can still un-arrest you and get you back in the game.

Like when you think about it, arresting someone in this game is hardly a doubled edged sword, it's a greatsword with 1 blunt side pointing outwards and the sharp edge pointed towards the wielder.

Edited by Jorlak

And yet I'm still happy purely because of the fact that it's annoying to be on a receiving end of ltl. I'd rather be killed and respawn. 

28 minutes ago, Weaboos said:

And yet I'm still happy purely because of the fact that it's annoying to be on a receiving end of ltl. I'd rather be killed and respawn. 

Same here. The ones that stun me do so in 2 rapid fire shots, it takes me 6 shots at least to kill them but they can stun me almost instantly, you can't see a thing after being hit with the first one, the second one hits less than 0.5 seconds later, you are lucky if you can shoot them twice but your gun needs to shoot them 6 or 7 times, not a chance against them.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

21 hours ago, Weaboos said:

lol

Merged.

20 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

Same here. The ones that stun me do so in 2 rapid fire shots, it takes me 6 shots to kill them but they can stun me almost instantly, you can't see a thing after being hit with the first one, the second one comes about 0.5 seconds later, you are lucky if you can shoot them twice but your gun needs to shoot them 6 or 7 times, not a chance against them.

Well, this is simply not true, you'd assume more enforcers would've used LTL weaponry if It was as OP as you claim it to be, especially because you get more money and standing for arresting someone.

So based on your analogy, a enforcer would be actively limiting itself in gameplay advantage and rewards gained from missions.

In it's current state, LTL weaponry is less overpowered and worse than lethal weaponry.

3 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

Well, this is simply not true, you'd assume more enforcers would've used LTL weaponry if It was as OP as you claim it to be, especially because you get more money and standing for arresting someone.

So as a cop to your analogy, a enforcer would be actively limiting himself in gameplay advantage and rewards gained from missions.

In it's current state, LTL weaponry is less overpowered and worse than lethal weaponry.

Maybe there's a normal version and one that costs 50,000,000 JT because it's the funny coloured one I can't do anything against.

Just to compare secondaries, a .45 AP has a higher ttk, it takes 0.8 seconds to kill someone

unknown.png

And a PIG takes 1 seconds to stun someone
unknown.png

And than you have the added negative vulnerability for the enforcer of which he/she has to walk over to arrest the person (which you're awarded for logically) but it's the part of making these weapons deliberately worse than lethal weapons whilst having the other negative effects for the enforcer with it too part that bothers me.

10 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

Same here. The ones that stun me do so in 2 rapid fire shots, it takes me 6 shots at least to kill them but they can stun me almost instantly, you can't see a thing after being hit with the first one, the second one hits less than 0.5 seconds later, you are lucky if you can shoot them twice but your gun needs to shoot them 6 or 7 times, not a chance against them.

Edited by Jorlak

9 minutes ago, Jorlak said:

Just to compare secondaries, a .45 AP has a higher ttk, it takes 0.8 seconds to kill someone

unknown.png

And a PIG takes 1 seconds to stun someone
unknown.png

And than you have the added negative vulnerability for the enforcer of which he/she has to walk over to arrest the person (which you're awarded for logically) but it's the part of making these weapons deliberately worse than lethal weapons whilst having the other negative effects for the enforcer with it too part that bothers me.

I thought you meant a different gun, bigger one, not secondary. I'm unfamiliar with the names of all the guns. I don't think I've ever been stunned with a handgun. I tried a colby, surely it means it takes  0.8 seconds between shots, not to kill because it's fucking useless, it takes 3 shots to kill and there's no way it fires 3 shots in 0.8 seconds, it shoots so slow you die between shots.

1 minute ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I thought you meant a different gun, bigger one, not secondary. I'm unfamiliar with the names of all the guns. I don't think I've ever been stunned with a handgun. I tried a colby, surely it means it takes  0.8 seconds between shots, not to kill because it's fucking useless, it takes 3 shots to kill and there's no way it fires 3 shots in 0.8 seconds, it shoots so slow you die between shots.

Well, if you want to compare primaries.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The "bigger" tazer still comes out worse than the current meta NTEC and Close Quarter OCA

Sign in to follow this