Khakis

Maybe a Mist rebalance?

This might just be very dissapproved of, but I sometimes have a feeling that Mist might just be a terrible spot in the Financial district. Its Financial... usually people are using close combat weapons as it is, and whenever the mission leads you to Mist, the first team to be able to defend it with NTECS and snipers 98% of the time win unless they are braindead. The spawns for the area are terrible. Once you spawn, an enemy sniper already has sight of you and kills you on the spot, leaving Mist to be such a great place of defense for carry&hold missions or god forbid you get a mission where you have to break into a door inside of Mist, its just like trying to break into a fortified castle. Then if you successfully kill off the defenders and make it in to your objective, by that time, the people you've killed have already spawned and made their way to you. Mist has no cover whatsoever outside of it for the attackers to use and whenever a team and I defend the area, I laugh and feel bad doing so. You cant even run in with a vehicle due to it being so easy for the defenders to throw nades into such a closed space, or get close enough to do optimum hard damage to your vehicle, or if you get out of the vehicle, which you'd then easily be shot and killed. Mist being balanced would be a wet dream of mine, please.

unknown.png

Edited by Khakis
Added screenshot for those who were not familiar with the name

A screenshot will help clarify where this is exactly,  most people aren't familiar with area names (me included) 

They need to add Portal 2 style jump pads that launch you across the water onto the roof.  Only way to balance this spot.

Jokes aside this spot does need some tweaking.  Way too easy to defend here.

Two granades per person you are 4 in a team... so thats like 8  flying to take down 4 camping guys... but somehow you cant kill them. There are plenty of high cars you could use to cover yourself. Pick bigger cars like the money truck or etc to aproach the target and take down enemies using snipers or ntec using your pointman guns that wont be hard to do.

I honestly see no problem with this.

Ez hint: You only need one group member covering the sniper rol with dmr, once you make enoug noice to make your enemies target you the dmr bud would take them down at 90m+ distance really ez.

Edited by Excalibur!

The tunnel which leads from the underpass to the platform (from the left in your screenshot) should extend all the way into the building and have stairs going in there, not a ladder like to the platform (which should be kept, though).

And adding some roofs to the bridges which lead onto the isle would shield attackers from defenders placed on the Mist's rooftop.