OmikronOverload

ABAP:Reborn (All Bullets are pointing)

I recently started to learn Unity Engine 4.27.

I want to recreate APB in a first person modern game setting without battle royal, stim packs, pay to win etc. stupid content that no one wants.
Im an absolute Beginner and you will probably say "why something like APB?". I have a vision in my mind and i want to push my boundaries.

The project file isnt looking much as of now, i started making a first person character model and am working on some things like crouching and a weapon system.

Also want to Implement melee and some other fun things like the character / car upgrades.

We want a full tuning System, if we can, like the one the newer Need for Speed games have. (You know which im talking about, its awesome 🙂 )
I dont want any MONEY and i also dont want to make any PROMISES like our nice game devs up here.

Lets adress it, i probably will never be able to code the entire thing alone, not even the whole designer Studio and the Music Studio.(Bloody starter)

We dont want to use any of APB´s game assets.
We dont want to make promises.

We dont want to sell stupid shitty Weapons that are worth nothing.

Before you start posting some toxic lines like "how will someone like you without any knowledge be able to programm anything" or "you are so dumb if you believe you can recreate this game", see it as a community project to find atlast hope and to make ABAP the game its supposed to represent (In a better way...).

Quote: "If no one else does it for you, do it yourself!" Its a good quote and im no longer able to look at this misery of a game dev studio.

If you wanna join the project turn on that notification, we will set up a proper discord where we can share Ideas and experience from Unreal Engine 4.

You might find youself interested in programming 🙂

Lets do this thing.
Cheers!

Overload**

• Like 1

It isn't a copy if it is in 1st person mode.

10 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

10 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

we can share Ideas and experience from Unreal Engine 4.

doesn't look too promising

Edited by heelruby

12 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

I want to recreate APB in a first person modern game setting without battle royal, stim packs, pay to win etc. stupid content that no one wants.
Im an absolute Beginner and you will probably say "why something like APB?". I have a vision in my mind and i want to push my boundaries.

The project file isnt looking much as of now, i started making a first person character model and am working on some things like crouching and a weapon system.

Also want to Implement melee and some other fun things like the character / car upgrades.

We want a full tuning System, if we can, like the one the newer Need for Speed games have. (You know which im talking about, its awesome 🙂 )
I dont want any MONEY and i also dont want to make any PROMISES like our nice game devs up here.

Lets adress it, i probably will never be able to code the entire thing alone, not even the whole designer Studio and the Music Studio.(Bloody starter)

We dont want to use any of APB´s game assets.
We dont want to make promises.

We dont want to sell stupid shitty Weapons that are worth nothing.

Before you start posting some toxic lines like "how will someone like you without any knowledge be able to programm anything" or "you are so dumb if you believe you can recreate this game", see it as a community project to find atlast hope and to make ABAP the game its supposed to represent (In a better way...).

Quote: "If no one else does it for you, do it yourself!" Its a good quote and im no longer able to look at this misery of a game dev studio.

If you wanna join the project turn on that notification, we will set up a proper discord where we can share Ideas and experience from Unreal Engine 4.

You might find youself interested in programming 🙂

Lets do this thing.
Cheers!

Overload**

Tip for making a video game. put constraints on yourself, it makes your creativity work extra hard (sound cringe but it true) also don't try to add a million things, A good moto to follow is that every piece of content will double your work time even if it does not seem like it, for example: power sliding, now you have to make sure nothing is conflicting ,add more animation ,make sure it feels right and etc.

its an awesome thing to have big views and ambitions but its better to know ones limits and work from their. Also bringing in more people is a good idea, but remember if you don't pay them don´t be surprised if they feel like they want to leave or change things about your original vision for the project.  

PS, Good luck!

Edited by Chabbo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chabbo said:

Tip for making a video game. put constraints on yourself, it makes your creativity work extra hard (sound cringe but it true) also don't try to add a million things, A good moto to follow is that every piece of content will double your work time even if it does not seem like it, for example: power sliding, now you have to make sure nothing is conflicting ,add more animation ,make sure it feels right and etc.

its an awesome thing to have big views and ambitions but its better to know ones limits and work from their. Also bringing in more people is a good idea, but remember if you don't pay them don´t be surprised if they feel like they want to leave or change things about your original vision for the project.  

PS, Good luck!

Thank you for your kinds words, i will consider and remember your words in the future.

I have some pre-experience with project management, i had a popping Minecraft Server where we had Machines and Tech items with textures in Vanilla Minecraft (No mods).
I can confirm that if you dont pay people they change what they think is good.
They also steal your project when given access to server files.

Cheers

Edited by OmikronOverload
tsupid
  • Like 1

no offense but i think ur project will go the same way as project phoenix lol people trying to recreate apb never really go anywhere

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

no offense but i think ur project will go the same way as project phoenix lol people trying to recreate apb never really go anywhere

🥱🥱🥱

I know, i know 🙂

The hardest part is the Designers obviously, maybe steal some code from here and there 😉

Ill keep that in mind!
Cheers

Edited by OmikronOverload
tsupid