Rehtaelle

Do you have hope for APB?

On 6/5/2022 at 12:55 AM, BlatMan said:

Are there any other games that have the same level of customization? At this point the next best thing is minecraft with high res textures.

The WWE Day of Reckoning games on GameCube come pretty close.

No matter how fked the state of the game is... I still do.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:37 AM, Nagletz said:

No matter how fked the state of the game is... I still do.

You still stick around 😄

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, OCrazyGuyO said:

You still stick around 😄

This game is like a dream you’ll never forget. Never wished to though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2022 at 12:55 AM, BlatMan said:

Are there any other games that have the same level of customization? At this point the next best thing is minecraft with high res textures.

There's been games like that 

Pes 4 to 2017 (as of every other pes after that expect for the heap shit efootball 2022 you can import your own kit and there is a website that is 10x more advanced then the games kit editor)

Midnight club la(2008) (2 years before)(there's almost no limit to the vinyl editor and I even had a higher quality vinyl then I would in apb at ultra and yes you can group them)

Wwe games (obviously)

The crew 2( for a soulless forza horizon clone compared the first game it does let you make your own decals and group them into one and even save them, unlike apb you can have up to 1000 or more saved decals)

Restore 2012 edition.

Golden age of apb.

Was perfect,also with a lot of imperfection.

A real open world.

A real city battle .

A real virtual dream.

More rules, limitations and "fix" killed apb masterpiece.

28 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Restore 2012 edition.

Golden age of apb.

Was perfect,also with a lot of imperfection.

A real open world.

A real city battle .

A real virtual dream.

More rules, limitations and "fix" killed apb masterpiece.

so pretty much the same except some graphical effects not being broken on purpose and balance changes

Edited by Yeedman
  • Like 1

Yeah, i have a rope for apb, and also a tree. There there apb.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, Yeedman said:

so pretty much the same except some graphical effects not being broken on purpose and balance changes

Don't forget the performance issues. 2011-2012 apb used to run like a dream on my old PC. Now it's unplayable so I'm using laptop

On 6/19/2022 at 5:36 AM, Weaboos said:

Don't forget the performance issues. 2011-2012 apb used to run like a dream on my old PC. Now it's unplayable so I'm using laptop

Not really. Client performance was roughly the same without modified configs. Servers were crashing (instability, ddos). Physics would break server sided, causing things such as the ambulance and jeep to do a front flip while driving in reverse. The only obvious difference is the network latency, but that's not the fault of the current game, it's the improperly configured anti-ddos protection.

There were less assets (cars, clothing, symbols, etc), so you could get away with a lower end PC. On a higher end PC, ( i7 990X, DDR3 2133Mhz, GTX 780), not much has changed. The GTX 780 stutters when someone hits you with a shotgun. It wasn't until the GTX 900 series that GPUs were able to handle the framerate eating particle effects. Even then enough cars blowing up will drop you into the single digits.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:32 AM, BlatMan said:

Not really. Client performance was roughly the same without modified configs. Servers were crashing (instability, ddos). Physics would break server sided, causing things such as the ambulance and jeep to do a front flip while driving in reverse. The only obvious difference is the network latency, but that's not the fault of the current game, it's the improperly configured anti-ddos protection.

There were less assets (cars, clothing, symbols, etc), so you could get away with a lower end PC. On a higher end PC, ( i7 990X, DDR3 2133Mhz, GTX 780), not much has changed. The GTX 780 stutters when someone hits you with a shotgun. It wasn't until the GTX 900 series that GPUs were able to handle the framerate eating particle effects. Even then enough cars blowing up will drop you into the single digits.

Client performance was anything but same. Game ran on my old PC at 99.9-100 fps in 2011-mid 2012.

And Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz

4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz Ram

Radeon HD6870.

Over the years I've upgraded to 8 GB ram and Nvidia GTX960. Upgrading the GPU did zero to framerate only ram helped as it became unplayable with 4 GB.

I tried playing on that PC about two months ago and my fps was 70-50 on average with horrible drops to 35-40 in gunfights. Unplayable. Even in empty districts with no players it does not hold a steady 100 fps that it used to hold back in 2011 in full districts and jumps between 80-90 I believe.

Many people quit to to their PCs suddenly being unable to run the game at an enjoyable framerate, quite a few of my friends too for the same reason. Even checked a few vids from old apb clan PSYCH and they left a comment that they would start filming again once devs would fix performance so it would run like in the old days. That comment was from 2013 😂

My friend got a beast PC with latest ryzens n stuff and even on his PC the game drops from 144 to 80 quite often.

I'm now playing with a laptop from maybe 2018 with i7-7700 HQ 1050 Ti and 16 gb and SSD and the game does not understand if it wants to run at 90 or 42 fps. Averaging at 70 with drops to 50-something when there are many players around. Can't compete with 144 fps tryhards running PS1 graphic configs coupled with 4:3 resolution on a 16:9 monitor that makes the game look like quake 2 lol

Servers where always crap tho. Still remember the "overkill servers" meme

Edited by Weaboos

considering the fact that a GM resorted to freezing a cheater's movement while he was on twitch streaming the cheats, instead of outright banning him on the spot yesterday...

Nope.

I'M NOT NAMING AND SHAMING PLS DON'T DELETE THIS POST AGAIN LMAO.

7 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Client performance was anything but same. Game ran on my old PC at 99.9-100 fps in 2011-mid 2012.

And Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz

4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz Ram

Radeon HD6870.

Over the years I've upgraded to 8 GB ram and Nvidia GTX960. Upgrading the GPU did zero to framerate only ram helped as it became unplayable with 4 GB.

I tried playing on that PC about two months ago and my fps was 70-50 on average with horrible drops to 35-40 in gunfights. Unplayable. Even in empty districts with no players it does not hold a steady 100 fps that it used to hold back in 2011 in full districts and jumps between 80-90 I believe.

Many people quit to to their PCs suddenly being unable to run the game at an enjoyable framerate, quite a few of my friends too for the same reason. Even checked a few vids from old apb clan PSYCH and they left a comment that they would start filming again once devs would fix performance so it would run like in the old days. That comment was from 2013 😂

My friend got a beast PC with latest ryzens n stuff and even on his PC the game drops from 144 to 80 quite often.

I'm now playing with a laptop from maybe 2018 with i7-7700 HQ 1050 Ti and 16 gb and SSD and the game does not understand if it wants to run at 90 or 42 fps. Averaging at 70 with drops to 50-something when there are many players around. Can't compete with 144 fps tryhards running PS1 graphic configs coupled with 4:3 resolution on a 16:9 monitor that makes the game look like quake 2 lol

Servers where always crap tho. Still remember the "overkill servers" meme

Listed bits remind me of my old setup. It ran semi-stable 60+ with certain settings. Slowly it kept losing performance and ended up running around 45 fps. Then I built new setup, and it ran 100+ fps "stable" without clay figure graphics. Now this very same setup runs barely at 60 fps again, with non-clay-figure settings. Sometimes little higher, can go up to very unstable 80+ fps at times on empty-ish district. Should check in one day to see if I get even that anymore.

Here's my fps averages in FRAPS. Tested driving around the Double B area on a 60+ player financial. It does stutter, but not any worse than it did back in 2012.

Min: 86, Max: 146, Average: 128

CPU: Xeon W3680 - 4.25Ghz

RAM: 12GB DDR3 2133Mhz 9-10-10-24 1T

GPU: GTX 1080

Display: 1440p 144hz

Biggest improvement to FPS was disabling HPET in the BIOS and in Windows. With HPET enabled it causes it to drop below 30fps while turning the camera. HPET is enabled by default on some motherboards. Some don't even let you turn it off.

Edited by BlatMan

On 7/3/2022 at 6:26 AM, BlatMan said:

Here's my fps averages in FRAPS. Tested driving around the Double B area on a 60+ player financial. It does stutter, but not any worse than it did back in 2012.

Min: 86, Max: 146, Average: 128

CPU: Xeon W3680 - 4.25Ghz

RAM: 12GB DDR3 2133Mhz 9-10-10-24 1T

GPU: GTX 1080

Display: 1440p 144hz

Biggest improvement to FPS was disabling HPET in the BIOS and in Windows. With HPET enabled it causes it to drop below 30fps while turning the camera. HPET is enabled by default on some motherboards. Some don't even let you turn it off.

I'm convinced that hpet fix is placebo just like all other things like removing search indexing etc. I tested them and did not see any difference neither on my old PC nor on current laptop...

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:24 PM, ch4ncer said:

lmao at ppl doubting this game's previous fate will infact repeat itself ( tiggs era )

the only upside to this game's death is that all of the unoriginal attention seeking g.i.r.l. s  who've made a fortune over the years off of stupid simps and betas will die with it lmao

k cya )

6 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

who've made a fortune over the years off of stupid simps and betas

Did something happen you want to talk about?

I played the shit out of this game from all the way during its beta days up to LO's takeover and I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't died yet, I visit these forums every once in a while because of the fabled engine upgrade (that is now apparently dead) and every time I come back it feels more deserted.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:46 PM, CookiePuss said:

Did something happen you want to talk about?

nope, did something happen to you?

11 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

nope, did something happen to you?

Yeah but I’m working through it with my therapist.

41 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

yeah apb put me in therapy as well

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 6:07 PM, CookiePuss said:

Sucks for you.

about framerate, i used to play on innova in 2014-2015 and its was running very well without lags on my friends laptop

I held out hope for many years and supported the game by spending several thousand dollars

I believe this game has no equal and want(ed) it to keep going

Early on I was happy with the way Little Orbit seemed to be working to add new content and finish the game, but now I realize they were over their head

Correct me if I am wrong but Matt Scott hasn't communicated in around 6 mos

Sadly, I think its too late