demonoid

Dev Blog/Roadmap

So I wasn't sure if there was a topic for this or not, I searched around and didn't see one specifically. So it's just a simple question, will LO be doing a dev blog on current and future APB updates and plans? A proper road map of some sort would be nice eventually too.

It's all in due time. A blog kinda like the Rust dev team has would be nice. Talk about the state of the game, include some little clips and pictures of current projects in the works, and perhaps some highlights on community creations and input.

I'm just trying to be patient and wait, but even I'd like to have some news to chew on. A weekly or biweekly progress report would be nice.

• Like 1

reading the title i thought matt posted a roadmap 😢

Well it took me a bit, but I guess they did start a blog, I must've missed it. I didn't realize they were using the same one that G1 was in the past. Reading through it, the information is still a little vague at the moment. There was the interview that covered a bit, but it only really dusted the surface and didn't get too specific.

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

reading the title i thought matt posted a roadmap 😢

I'd b happy with roadmap to roadmap. There is only a single blog post during last 30 days (June, 7).

Long time no see Demon, Unfortunately there isn't a road map publicly released but i believe this to be a deliberate move so Little Orbit didn't set themselves up to fail.

Matt has made it clear that Little Orbit do not want to build up expectations and hype, doing so can seriously back fire. The community may then start to distrust Little Orbit because of previous history with GamerFirst which is understandable. (Engine Upgrading coming Q1 2014™)

Honestly, The Staff probably have easier time working with no expectations on them with time limits as well as preventing any disappointment.

Good things come to those who wait, and so far Little Orbit has highly impressed and been most considerate to the player base.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, demonoid said:

Well it took me a bit, but I guess they did start a blog, I must've missed it. I didn't realize they were using the same one that G1 was in the past. Reading through it, the information is still a little vague at the moment. There was the interview that covered a bit, but it only really dusted the surface and didn't get too specific.

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/?m=1

oh my goodness that website is hideous. 

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

Long time no see Demon, Unfortunately there isn't a road map publicly released but i believe this to be a deliberate move so Little Orbit didn't set themselves up to fail.

Matt has made it clear that Little Orbit do not want to build up expectations and hype, doing so can seriously back fire. The community may then start to distrust Little Orbit because of previous history with GamerFirst which is understandable. (Engine Upgrading coming Q1 2014™)

They let us dreaming =/

Bad move from their part.

It's been about 2 weeks now since we've had any real news to chew on. I know there was E3 and whatnot, but I'm starting to get a little antsy for something to quell my curiosity.

Hiya Vicky, I've been on hiatus for awhile now that I've got a career truck driving. Hoping by August I'll have me a laptop, so I can rejoin the digital world again. I haven't really been able to game for the past 2 1/2 years, and I've finally had enough. Time for a mobile solution.

I believe Matt wants to avoid a road map for now while they spend their time fixing a lot of the games operational issues. So they don't get anyones hopes up; as right now, the game is still in a terrible state with the unstable servers and client performance.

Edited by Glubbable

Hi all,

I'm not avoiding a Roadmap in any way. I had thought I spelled things out fairly well in the Q&A session to live up to my promise of a Roadmap in 30 days.
However several players have expressed a desire to see more detail, so I'm translating our dev sprints into a post now. That should be up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 14
  • Thanks 25

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I'm not avoiding a Roadmap in any way. I had thought I spelled things out fairly well in the Q&A session to live up to my promise of a Roadmap in 30 days.
However several players have expressed a desire to see more detail, so I'm translating our dev sprints into a post now. That should be up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you very much Matt! Looking forward.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Apologies If I misunderstood what you were trying to convey in the Q&A session, Also my memory does fail me from time to time.

Thank you for the clarification and I'll look forward to reading the additional details.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

U said roadmap in 30 days and now is 12 days later just sayn but its ok if tomorrow..btw what happened with this unreal update to 3.5 for PC in next couple of weeks u talk about on Q n A with kempington?

6 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

U said roadmap in 30 days and now is 12 days later just sayn but its ok if tomorrow..btw what happened with this unreal update to 3.5 for PC in next couple of weeks u talk about on Q n A with kempington?

Please be patient as working on a game engine is complex to match the game's code with the engine's code, it's something that could takes months and even years.

Just a polite suggestion that maybe waiting till tomorrow's post before enquiring about further updates.

Edited by VickyFox

6 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

I don't think the engine was ever mentioned in the Q&A, and if it was, it would've been much longer than just a couple of weeks. Also I'd be excited to hear that a roadmap is being planned to be released, instead of complaining about it being a few days late. After years of nothing happening to this game, one would think people would be a bit more patient.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

What you want to achieve with this post? Are you paying for them to develop this game? Just wait for the news, you cant do anything about it, you can only suggest ideas and enjoy the game as it is. Complaining will get you nowhere, period.

I just point out facts and ask..have nothing against LO.My advice is to stop defending this guys so fearlessly because we still not seeing big changes to the game(besides the anti cheat stuff)Personally i'll start believing when i see at least some content..

Edited by BingoBookBG

I just point out facts and ask..have nothing against LO.My advice is to stop defending this guys so fearlessly because we still not seeing big changes to the game(besides the anti cheat stuff)Personally i'll start believing when i see at least some content..

They said no content until the engine update is done. They are saying that the content is pointless because if they add new content now that just adds work to their engine upgrade. Which coming from computer/tech world background I completely agree with them. Like to be honest think about it logically. Do you think they would just buy out a whole god damn company to do nothing with it and just let it die out? Sounds kinda smart, doesn't it?

5 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Please be patient as working on a game engine is complex to match the game's code with the engine's code, it's something that could takes months and even years.

Just a polite suggestion that maybe waiting till tomorrow's post before enquiring about further updates.

Wait what do you mean tomorrows post? Is there gonna be like a weekly update or bi-weekly? 

EDIT: My bad didn't see that post by Matt

Edited by YeOldLegends
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt.

Just to start off, you guys have done more in two months, than Reloaded Productions has done in two years.

Thank you.

Now, don't pay the little impatient kiddies any mind. Your CM and Forum people are active, and talking. You are talking.

I am sure the roadmap will be up, when it's up.

Yeah... No big changes...

In one month, LO has brought BattleEye to APB, and are reconfiguring FairFight.

Oh, and a live stream Q&A, GM's in district, new forums, and a much larger staff than Reloaded.

Yup. Done nothing.

T53w.gif

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Just to start off, you guys have done more in two months, than Reloaded Productions has done in two years.

Be realistic. Not at any fault to LO but no they have not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Be realistic. Not at any fault to LO but no they have not.

Really?

So the last patch for APB was May 3rd, 2016, Patch 1.19.4. My suspension happened June 2nd, 2017

FairFight was added into APB in 2014. We got promises, and then nothing from Jobs, Mok, and then Tiggs. The last ARMAS Release was in August 2016.

tenor.gif

Something similar to what CIG has done with Star Citizen would be REALLY nice... Just sayin'.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:15 AM, valdas001 said:

Roadmap for upcoming roadmap would be nice.

<.<

yea i know theyr doin a lot of background work..i want to do somethin new in this game thats all(anyway my english is not very good cant explain myself well peace)