Lnk1

Sniper's are bugged

I'm writing this forum post with so much frustration I just can't leave it un answered anymore. WHY Just why does people refuse to die in 2 shots. I've been back to the game for approximately 3 weeks~ And never before did I experience this. Even my friend has complained about it. We even gave a nickname "Ghost bullets" 

This is how it works, you hit your target clear as day, you get a tag with a tagger, ducky etc, But you do close to zero damage, And sometime you don't even get a hitmarker. And no it's not Kevlar and not my internet. and no it's not that I take to long in-between shots cuz of clotting agent. I have looked in to everything but no answers. I even ask my opponents sometimes, and they just say i straight upp missed, which is not the case cuz either the hitmarker or the duck above your head says otherwise.

It's just really frustrating and all i want is answers, please someone explain... :c

I've shot people a whole bunch of times and not managed to tag them, even seen the blood splatter but game says I missed

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

scout sniper requires a very quick 2 shots for a kill. otherwise it's gonna be 3. I think the silenced scouts also aren't 100% effective until 80 or 90 meters.

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

scout sniper requires a very quick 2 shots for a kill. otherwise it's gonna be 3. I think the silenced scouts also aren't 100% effective until 80 or 90 meters.

I do understand if people have clotting agent they won't die after a few seconds of not shooting them, even without clotting agent this is true but these are instant 2 shots and they just won't die.

in case this is a gameplay problem, the heavy hvr now has a mechanic that links crosshair spread to damage

any tagger mods activating means a confirmed hit, hitmarkers are unreliable, and blood splatter is irrelevant (client side only)

at the end of the day the netcode is shit and the servers only run at ~30fps, its always been fairly common for client side actions to never reach the server

It's always been an issue it's just getting worse due to cheaper servers and improperly configured anti-ddos protection. West coast performs the worse within my friends group.

I've seen the tagger show up without hitting the player. Also if the blood splatter is delayed it means you hit the player.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Got that one backwards, silenced snipers are effective till about 83m, then they start losing damage.  Normal snipers will lose damage at 90m save for the DMR

I didn't even know there was a silenced sniper, I play the game with the sound either off or very low in the mix

On 6/4/2022 at 10:41 PM, SkittyM said:

Got that one backwards, silenced snipers are effective till about 83m, then they start losing damage.  Normal snipers will lose damage at 90m save for the DMR

Yea haven't played in a while XD

2 days ago I tried to kill an afk-twink, who controls respawning in a psychiatric hospital, from a distance somewhere around 50-60 m, an ordinary HVR, fired 4 shots, then I was finished off in the back, afk did not die. If these were server and network bugs, it is logical that other players would not die so quickly, but no, or I am not understanding something, and I “play a little”, “dont donate”?

Edited by gypexa cynepcmap

I don't play snipers much so I can't share your rage but I know the hitreg is bad sometimes during missions. In a weird way, I think FPS and graphic settings do affect hit reg, I remember having to shoot someone 8 or more times with an ntec to kill someone (no kevlar) but after using advanced launcher and making my settings minimal, everything is surprisingly fluid and the hit reg is spot on. I don't notice bad hit reg anymore.

Edited by ArtDeco

Haven't played properly since 2014-ish, been doing somewhat poorly now, especially coupled with unstable fps I have.Came back a couple of weeks ago myself to play while I still have a chance to do so.

Tried scout for old times sake that I used to enjoy and been doing quite poorly missing shots left and right so decided to shelve it for now. Then I started noticing I'm missing aimed shots with other guns like obeya rifle too although missed shots can be followed up quickly. Tried scout again and started paying more attention to my shots. Fair enough I miss quite a few but then there's shots where I perfectly aim and click on where enemy on my screen is and i still get a miss. Sometimes if I pay attention I notice blood splatter and no hitmarker. Sometimes nothing at all. Then other times I fail to track my enemy properly and click in front or behind him and get a hit there. Idk, don't remember hits being so inconsistent in the past... Super frustrating to get a miss on a well aimed shot

Edited by Weaboos

I don't see why anyone continues to try playing this game. Its all empty promises. They will never update the engine because this game was doomed to fail from the start.

12 hours ago, Nekoya-Sensei said:

I don't see why anyone continues to try playing this game. Its all empty promises. They will never update the engine because this game was doomed to fail from the start.

Did not play the game for many years but it never left my mind. There is nothing like it. Sure cars drive better in GTA 5 but gunplay is joke there pretty much hold left mouse with any gun at head area and hope for a headshot.

Upon looking at population numbers for the last few months I've decided to now it's time to play the game while I can and there are still a few populated districts (eu). Regardless of the game's state if I don't play now I might not get a chance to do so in the future and I know I would regret it.

4 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Regardless of the game's state if I don't play now I might not get a chance to do so in the future and I know I would regret it.

I’m right there with you.

U just bad bro.