Error_Detection

How do I uncensor chat in APB?

my head physically hurts, everyone should just look like kanye tbh

3 minutes ago, sundere said:

but what they actually censored?

they start with chat but i think that is just a start, they will not end on this,they need players,how kidds will play when see naked a s s,naughty symbol,apb in 2012 and apb in 2018 i think each update from 2012 to 2018 fucked game on some way 

18+ doesn't mean you have to act like you are a adolescent horn dog.

I am 18+ and can check myself when talking about certain topics. Ones that maybe should not be discussed in a public forum whereas all persons can read what you say.

Topics that are locker roomesque and could be done through PMs.

Not everyone appreciates lewd or edgy topics of conversation. I am glad LO is attempting to clean Social districts appalling chat. 18+ but some of you are acting like prepubescent kids.

• Like 1

WHY LITTLE ORBIT CENSOR MEEEE  nRcFx6B.gif

Edited by Shini

2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

18+ doesn't mean you have to act like you are a adolescent horn dog.

I am 18+ and can check myself when talking about certain topics. Ones that maybe should not be discussed in a public forum whereas all persons can read what you say.

Topics that are locker roomesque and could be done through PMs.

Not everyone appreciates lewd or edgy topics of conversation. I am glad LO is attempting to clean Social districts appalling chat. 18+ but some of you are acting like prepubescent kids.

you say "Ones that maybe should not be discussed in a public forum whereas all persons can read what you say" you wana say kidds can see

2 minutes ago, Shini said:

WHY LITTLE ORBIT CENSOR MEEEE  nRcFx6B.gif

shini how they start your character for one year from now will be like this  

vzc5qq.jpg

bro if u wanna jack off just go play IMVU or something like that bro APB is not the place for you 

As has already been said, there's a chat censor in the chat settings... It's been in the game for years, I'm guessing it's always been in the game.

Also, this game is rated M in the states, 17+ for those of you from elsewhere. And as such:

from the ESRB:

MATURE

Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

ADULTS ONLY

Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence, graphic sexual content and/or gambling with real currency.

Mature games allow for topless Nudity within certain guidelines... Adults Only ratings allow full and complete nudity.

The devs created the game, they choose what can be allowed in their game. Same way as when  you were a kid, your rules of tag had specific guidelines, and you enforced them, as well as change them if you felt like it. Little Orbit can do the same.

They've already made statements, and are likely not to change them. If people keep bringing up this topic they've made a stance on, it's likely we'll end up getting pushed back a step, with no nudity at all. Period.

Stop freaking out and complaining about every little thing like it's the end of this game. It's not, they're here to bring it back. Calm. Down.

And no one gave a fuck when i created a thread about removing underwear to use freely the body paint...

Matt gave me a few excuses for it and it was a NO :c

The real problem is the symbol maker, not the characters. You draw genitalia with symbol maker, is not hard to understand and people will keep making those kind of symbols anyways.

EDIT: i bent, i didnt even understood what the op problem is 😜

Edited by Excalibur!

If APB were to be allowed become ADULT ONLY instead of being just MATURE, it would seriously hurt the commerical potential in the US of A.

Edited by Chinook

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

If APB were to be allowed become ADULT ONLY instead of being just MATURE, it would seriously hurt the commerical potential in the US of A.

They are all playing overwatch anyways. Remember brs saved apb?

We need more G string outfits for male characters.

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

I'm confused.

Me too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lixil said:

I'm confused.

Welcome to the club 😅

• Like 1

So there is a word filter that you can toggle on.

You are allowed to make feminine features and butts as symbols.

Whats the problem? Im guessing the OP doesnt know that he can disable the bad word filter?

People already swear enough thru the games terrible voip system, so having the chat filter is useless anyway.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Those Feminine Features and Masculine Features all over the place!

Sometimes the patootie hits the fan though.

But yeah no idea what OP is on about. Maybe English isn't OPs primary language?

He's probably referring to the new ingame chat filter for whispers where you cant say the n word or the f word, your whisper just wont go thru

I love how he wants exaggerated feminine features to be a thing while the entire company is also dealing with the development of other things AND the ongoing server problems.

Also, censored chat? Unless I play this game at the worst of times, The chat's been the same since 2014. 

3 hours ago, Chinook said:

If the Witcher series can get away with having sex scenes while still being rated M, why can't APB? :^)

2 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

If the Witcher series can get away with having sex scenes while still being rated M, why can't APB? :^)

It's less of "getting away with it" and more of "making it subtle"

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

I'm confused.

I put it in my nifty decoder and the following came out of it.

"Dang you Little Orbit you censor mah chat!" (You know that option in the chat settings like has been there forever.) "But it doesn't stay with the chat now will it!? 😮 YOU WILL CENSOR MY SMEXY CHARACTER TOO NOW WILL YA!? " (capital letters for the extra drama).

I hope my decoder did it's job for all ya confuzzled people. 😛 

Also OP 10/10 on Dwarven bikini armor. ^_^ 

Only part of this I actually agree with is the last bit, games rated 18+ online like this one, really should not cater to children, last I checked unless they steal mommy & daddy's credit card it's we're the ones actually paying into the game not them. cater to your actual consumers, you'd be amazed at the positive response you'll get LO.

When the game first came out it was rated as 18+ because it contained fully textured nudity. but a combination of trolls and sexual harassment by idiots got that removed, so this is rated as 18+ because of violence (really?) and lots of swearing, both ingame and through the playerbase, I suppose you could include player created nudity through tags and design, but they don't, Infact, I think people get banned if they slap on a vag' or banana tag and wander around with it these days.