KillerTurtle15

Competitive District

Competitive District  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Add competitive play

• Add competitive districts
    • Do not add competitive districts

Most missions in the normal districts, except once you start a mission there is no clipping or render of people outside your mission. no kickable doors (they disappear once the mission starts). no pedestrian vehicles (your vehicle respawns with you) mod mechanics change (mobile radar only works while you're driving the vehicle and radius decreased 1.5x, car spawner deactivation radius increased 2x) certain guns decrease score tremendously (oca, hvr, some legendaries) all vehicle torque increased, all vehicle grip decreased. during missioins, enemy names are only displayed if you are within 3m and are aiming at the enemy. All unbalanced missions disabled (even though they should be anyway)

Went from simple poll, to a bunch of nonsense not mentioned in the poll.

This is why we cant have nice things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KillerTurtle15 said:

Most missions in the normal districts, except once you start a mission there is no clipping or render of people outside your mission. no kickable doors (they disappear once the mission starts). no pedestrian vehicles (your vehicle respawns with you) mod mechanics change (mobile radar only works while you're driving the vehicle and radius decreased 1.5x, car spawner deactivation radius increased 2x) certain guns decrease score tremendously (oca, hvr, some legendaries) all vehicle torque increased, all vehicle grip decreased. during missioins, enemy names are only displayed if you are within 3m and are aiming at the enemy. All unbalanced missions disabled (even though they should be anyway)

Competitive districts are a great idea! But none of what you typed above is a good idea. There needs to be an incentive added in to play in these districts; possibly chances to obtain permanent weapons or something.

Splitting the playerbase up even more than the current threat system does and creating even more elitism than we already have?

Yeah, no thanks. I'll pass.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Went from simple poll, to a bunch of nonsense not mentioned in the poll.

This is why we cant have nice things.

explain to me why all of

what i said is nonsense please

I think they should instead add a 'non-competetive' district, so newbies can have somwhere to learn the game. Not sure exactly how they'd deter the competetive players from going there to beat up the newbies tho 😕

4 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Splitting the playerbase up even more than the current threat system does and creating even more elitism than we already have?

Yeah, no thanks. I'll pass.

Yeah you're right but that doesnt mean that if the playerbase increases we cant have it

5 minutes ago, KillerTurtle15 said:

explain to me why all of

what i said is nonsense please

shouldnt have said "nonsense", "stuff" would have been better

But I read the poll I was going to vote one way, then I read your post and it made me change my mind  

14 minutes ago, Archon said:

I think they should instead add a 'non-competetive' district, so newbies can have somwhere to learn the game. Not sure exactly how they'd deter the competetive players from going there to beat up the newbies tho 😕

If your silver threat or lower and if your account is not older than 1 year (or 6 months) then you can play there. Maybe add another condition where your rating has to be lower than 100 or something. 

25 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

Competitive districts are a great idea! But none of what you typed above is a good idea. There needs to be an incentive added in to play in these districts; possibly chances to obtain permanent weapons or something.

I like this. I think competitive district should be what open conflict was supposed to be. 

We should rethink or just reverse the districts. The current normal "mission" districts with threats n stuff could be renamed "competitive" since the threat mechanincs kinda makes it somewhat competitive by default (things that affect threat would require some adjustment). Current "open conflict" has pretty much all the elements of "casual" already in (since it doesn't give threat any thoughts and you don't gain or lose threat when you play there) so why not call it "casual". Maybe put a very simplified matchmaking in there so that 4 gold premades don't get 4 random solo queued green/silver/bronze threats as opp and then call it a day. Put some simple weekly stats and leaderboards up somewhere online for competitive districts and throw in some joke boxes as rewards.

• Like 3

Has there been any topic regarding increased competitiveness that had a majority in favor of it? Majority seems to want casual-ness and force it upon others.

So basically another district that'll be dead on arrival or a few days after it's release. Anyone remember Open Conflict and how that was going to be used to fix the matchmaking?

20 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

So basically another district that'll be dead on arrival or a few days after it's release. Anyone remember Open Conflict and how that was going to be used to fix the matchmaking?

Isn't the concept of it the opposite of matchmaking?

Having a competitive district is a good idea in concept but hardly anyone plays in gold... So why would anyone play in competitive with no NPC cars, doors missing, reduced scores on certain weapons.

I am a competitive player but this just seems like a empty district that is more try hard, There's no real incentive with reduced rewards and it sounds dull and boring with no NPCs.

...I'm sorry but in the politest way possible, what was the point of this?

Well well well... APB is full of Competitive and sometimes Toxic players... Creating a competitive server will only be used to boost their s.h.i.t.t.y. EGO. So... H3LL NO. We don't need more ego-driven toxicity here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Well well well... APB is full of Competitive and sometimes Toxic players... Creating a competitive server will only be used to boost their s.h.i.t.t.y. EGO. So... H3LL NO. We don't need more ego-driven toxicity here.

But then they'll all be in competitive mode and away from regular people. Seems like a win-win to me.

Also the theme is not for sale

Edited by Spudinskes

All I want to say is there is a lot of things wrong with doing this. I'm completely on board for this idea, but under better conditions that i'll mention. The game at its current state is littered with bugs, glitches, and some exploits that still need fixing. Also I would like this idea, if the playerbase was a lot larger but right now theres no need to split the community even more when the playerbase is so small and the gap of skill between players at the moment is still too low without the big playerbase. These days, groups are either very good and have the potential of being called hackers, and the second group, where the performance is really low. 

TLDR; Competitive would be nice to have and play in, but many things still need fixing.

I don't think there should be a specific competitive district, especially not with the suggestions posted in the original post.

People are worried that competitive implies tryharding and would only benefit those type of players (and therefore make the experience worse for casuals), but in reality it just means balanced gameplay with more consistent mechanics.

• Like 1

those are some odd stipulations,

cant we just have a normal competitive district where players can select which mission they would like to start and which opp they would like to face?

Have a district specifically for group matchmaking. Let factions oppose their own side for better, faster games.

Criminals could opp other crims in the early days of APB. This isn't a radical idea. The people playing this game often dont care about the 'lore' if it means better matchmaking in an 8year old, 500pop game. 

opinion I've had for years.

everything that made APB should be removed? sounds just like your usual TDM shooter.

Having more obstacles to overcome is more competitive.

16 hours ago, Archon said:

We already have that. Bronze district.