Sign in to follow this  
zootie

Why can't I buy Renew or Suck It Up?

I've got the skill and it shows as purchaseable from the vendor, but trying to buy it from the vendor gives me a "You can't learn..." message. Plenty of chips on hand too. Any ideas? Thanks!

If you have a skill (60 pistol for example) in something and then +15 from buffs and items/armor it will give you 75 skill total ... the vendor will then show you can learn 75 skill items... but you can still only learn the 60 items as your base skill is still 60.

4 things must be in check

do you have the points (unbuffed)

do you have the previous verisons of the action? like you need grid 2 to learn grid 3

do you have the chips to buy it

and are you at the right trainer. there is a bug were you open one trainer, then a second without closing the menu you get both there skills, but can only buy one. which is the right trainers skills

Will check on those things. I have verified I have the unbuffed skills, as I raised First Aid so I could buy them, and I'm near a red, so chips can't be the issue.