Sign in to follow this  
Glubbable

Could we get Statistical Reports from Battleye/FairFight?

This question has been brought up in a few posts recently, so I felt the need to ask via a thread. It would be nice to see how effective Battleye or FairFight truely are based on Statistical Data. Such as how many players have been banned, how many have been detected, etc. And considering how Matt wants to absolutely sure that BE is not incorrectly banning players. Sharing certain, specific data with the community would help regain player trust in the long run.

are they even banning yet?

I would be like to know if its actually doing anything yet or still just an advisor role. Even with BE running there will still be a need for in game monitoring since there are more than a few working bypasses out there.

yeah lets add a new avenue for the community to begin judging people and allow random nobodies to begin looking at statistics and what the cheat detection software looks for.

totally will not backfire in a negative way at all

cheaters look specifically for data like this in order to better their cheat stuffs

lmao

they said they didn't want to do a mass unban so everything is manual as of now

35 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

yeah lets add a new avenue for the community to begin judging people and allow random nobodies to begin looking at statistics and what the cheat detection software looks for.

cheaters look specifically for data like this in order to better their cheat stuffs

lmao

How exactly would they be able to judge players based on global, anonymous data? Let alone, determine how cheat software gets detected. Or did you misunderstand what I asked?

Edited by Glubbable

16 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

lmao

In a free game they just need to keep spamming accounts. Honestly being a free game is what helps them the most not random data on people banned.

"Oh no looks like 5 people were banned, shit what did they get banned for? oh no fucking clue cause that wasn't listed in details."

9 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

How exactly would they be able too judge players based on global, anonymous data? Let alone, determine how cheat software gets detected. Or did you misunderstand what I asked?

its not hard to bypass client side software checks

sharing statistical information is just asking for people to tweak their settings to skirt detection. closets are closets for a reason lmao

2 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

sharing statistical information is just asking for people to tweak their settings to skirt detection. closets are closets for a reason lmao

Where did anyone mention sharing anything useful to the hacker community? Number of detection and bans is not really helpful in that regard.

Just now, SelttikS said:

Where did anyone mention sharing anything useful to the hacker community? Number of detection and bans is not really helpful in that regard.

the only way i could see it helping is if all the providers decided to band together and offer the same cheat, in which case any changes that resulted in a spike in ban numbers would be obvious

i dont really see that happening tho, cheat providers are all businesses as well

16 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

No one asked for super detailed statistics here, only some basic stuff, i dont see how that would be any useful for closets.

Edited by Rolpack

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

sharing how many people are 'detected' would probably be worse than showing the number of bans.

If the detection count is higher than the bans, everyone will start crying about cheating like they do now lol

4 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

sharing how many people are 'detected' would probably be worse than showing the number of bans.

If the detection count is higher than the bans, everyone will start crying about cheating like they do now lol

They will start crying... but they already do? That makes no sense.

How about just the number banned, how will that help the cheat groups?

Some basic statistics would be nice, kinda like what they've been doing with the weekly posts about customer service tickets. Doesn't have to be anything in depth, just some basic numbers to show it's working as intended.

The answer is LO bought out G1 and to revive the game did massive unbans of many well known cheaters, many real world account and legendary traders (for irl cash) and many exploiters.  The result is a populated game... populated with... you guessed it.  Since LO wanted population, and is sitting on their BE settings, tweaks, or w/e... one can infer the end result is their true intent. After meeting a couple of BE bypassed shawcopters in game, and players advertising to sell dozens of legendaries... I'm done with the game. It isn't fun it's just rewarding the people who have always done their worst to profit themselves and disrupt the game. Right now I don't see bans, I'm just starting to see blatants.  Not only that, but an "ordinary" player can't even properly aim thru all the lag.  When things improve, I might k up again.  But I don't foresee how anything will change or improve given the scenario of unbans without any system in place to actually police or moderate the game. I don't know what they were thinking anymore.  It's hard to imagine people whose business is the buying-selling-trading of legendaries bought with in-game cash would ever bother with premium or Armas stufff. Best of luck with your "new" (old) playerbase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hey! said:

The answer is LO bought out G1 and to revive the game did massive unbans of many well known cheaters, many real world account and legendary traders (for irl cash) and many exploiters.  The result is a populated game... populated with... you guessed it.  Since LO wanted population, and is sitting on their BE settings, tweaks, or w/e... one can infer the end result is their true intent. After meeting a couple of BE bypassed shawcopters in game, and players advertising to sell dozens of legendaries... I'm done with the game. It isn't fun it's just rewarding the people who have always done their worst to profit themselves and disrupt the game. Right now I don't see bans, I'm just starting to see blatants.  Not only that, but an "ordinary" player can't even properly aim thru all the lag.  When things improve, I might k up again.  But I don't foresee how anything will change or improve given the scenario of unbans without any system in place to actually police or moderate the game. I don't know what they were thinking anymore.  It's hard to imagine people whose business is the buying-selling-trading of legendaries bought with in-game cash would ever bother with premium or Armas stufff. Best of luck with your "new" (old) playerbase.

Goodbye threadz belong in off topic. 

See you in game. 🙂

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

are they even banning yet?

no. they have stated that they are still manual banning atm. tho BE is providing stat as well as background info on user so they can check. and if BE hasn't flagged them for cheating but they where caught cheating via a video etc. they could potentially look into improving detection

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Goodbye threadz belong in off topic. 

See you in game. 🙂

They aint wrong about things though. I mean its not super bad like it was sometimes before BE and LO but still you get the shawcopters now and then. I see more than a few new accounts that are not legit, prolly testing out cheats and what not. And yeah there are lots of people selling stuff for real cash and really when it comes down to spend 50$ on loot boxes and maybe get a legendary or spend 10 and buy one straight out, which do you think people will do.

As far as I remember, there was something I read about how BE isn't technically "on", and that so far there have been no bans, or, atleast documented ones but is now going through a tweaking process before fully releasing BE to be on its own.

Just now, Khakis said:

As far as I remember, there was something I read about how BE isn't technically "on", and that so far there have been no bans, or, atleast documented ones but is now going through a tweaking process before fully releasing BE to be on its own.

iirc battleye is on but theyre monitoring processes manually before they let it run wild on its own

what they should do, is exactly what the guys with the cheats are doing. because i've seen streams of cheaters and the cheats they use can tell you exactly where someone is aiming and if they can see you. all they need to do is get a couple guys with a spectator camera that can track player line of sight and ban them accordingly. THEN get some OG players decked out with the same stuff except the OG's only get to see the unrendered default guy with the green cap (let's just call him jake)

Sign in to follow this