Sign in to follow this  
Outofmyway

Add a small rule.

I've been thinking about adding a rule in order to enforce people to use the English language when they post/make a thread.

Maybe with the sole exception being the clan recruitment section, as some recrute native-language speaking players only.

While it would be acceptable that regional languages may be used for regional recruitment for their respected servers.

There isn't a forum for any other language, and to try and cater to multiple languages may not be practical.

While the game is based in the US and Reloaded Productions is based in Scotland, I can't help but feel it is a bit unfair for people which do not have English as a first language.

This isn't some SJW based rant, I just am a little torn.

I agree with you but also feel we should find an alternative way to accommodate for such a rule

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2018 at 4:57 AM, VickyFox said:

While it would be acceptable that regional languages may be used for regional recruitment for their respected servers.

There isn't a forum for any other language, and to try and cater to multiple languages may not be practical.

While the game is based in the US and Reloaded Productions is based in Scotland, I can't help but feel it is a bit unfair for people which do not have English as a first language.

This isn't some SJW based rant, I just am a little torn.

I agree with you but also feel we should find an alternative way to accommodate for such a rule

I totally agree ! It's really unfair, plus they removed the majority of servers.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:43 PM, Outofmyway said:

I've been thinking about adding a rule in order to enforce people to use the English language when they post/make a thread.

Maybe with the sole exception being the clan recruitment section, as some recrute native-language speaking players only.

Why do not you speak Mandarin? This is the most spoken language in the world ...?

Everyone must know how to speak English but people who speak English did not have to speak another language, it's so sad and a little racist I think.

You disgrace yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unreal said:

Everyone must know how to speak English but people who speak English did not have to speak another language, it's so sad and a little racist I think.

Just to clarify, I've had to learn English too as it's not my native language, as a matter of fact history made it so that somehow people of my country refuse to learn it (especially in one area). 

I can agree it might sound racist, but on the other hand there has to be a way to communicate so the whole world can understand. I would have prefered a neutral way of communication too so it's equal for everyone. Something that was impossible back then, and still is today? 

History made it so it had to be english... unfornatunately that's how things are today and we have to abide by it. 

Edited by Outofmyway

Eso se llama racismo. Este es un juego internacional y todos pueden/deben hablar su idioma.

Personalmente me molesta que me trolleen cuando alguien va perdiendo un argumento con el tipico "aprende ingles", "no entiendo lo que escribis" etc. Es verdaderamente cansino que yo este forzado a hablar un idioma que no tengo interes y que me parece una mierda.

Edited by Excalibur!