JeSuisSansoa

looking for APBCompat.ini low config

hey guys im a looking for this low end config APBCompat.ini. Everythings low.. wall, roof, vehicule, and low poly char etc.. ; I saw a loot of people with this config but they all say "private" if annyone have it can you send a mediafire link or mega, pastebin, Github.. just this config. thx

sorry for my bad english

FhTJdb6.png

exemple of the config im a looking for ( even better with low poly char ) 

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

download the advanced launcher o;o ? how hard is it to put everything on low ?

On 4/27/2022 at 11:25 AM, TzickyT said:

download the advanced launcher o;o ? how hard is it to put everything on low ?

yeaaaa hard like baylan the texture of the contenair look like full hd 

Merged.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

This should have all you need.
Not my config by the way. This one belongs to @Flaws but is up for public download.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ouq7o1xhu51k9yl/Flaws_Config_V18.zip/file

i will try this rn tysm

Merged.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

This should have all you need.
Not my config by the way. This one belongs to @Flaws but is up for public download.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ouq7o1xhu51k9yl/Flaws_Config_V18.zip/file

HEY so i tested and the config have cool low poly car but everything look textured.  Clearly visible in Baylan. i really want the container look like big cube colored..

ZNDpYRF_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

I started playing on an old laptop, had to have everything set to minimum to get the game to an acceptable level of lag, I don't think you can make it look any worse.

4 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I started playing on an old laptop, had to have everything set to minimum to get the game to an acceptable level of lag, I don't think you can make it look any worse.

I DID IT I CREATED MY OWN CONFIG :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/deswzvu4g6bsmfa/apb_low_config_v.1.rar/file

i will make a video about later..

• Like 1

Only cheaters play with low settings! 

30 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Only cheaters play with low settings! 

more like anyone with a high refresh rate monitor

4 hours ago, BlatMan said:

@MattScott  

@Sakebee

@Azukii

Are modified .upk files allowed?

They are not, .ini edits are basically all that is permitted officially although there are some grey area edits like the localization ones and Nofog shader, however, .upk files are a whole different story as these are used to remove muzzle flash or other explosive particles and therefore are not allowed to be edited.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:46 AM, Frosi said:

They are not, .ini edits are basically all that is permitted officially although there are some grey area edits like the localization ones and Nofog shader, however, .upk files are a whole different story as these are used to remove muzzle flash or other explosive particles and therefore are not allowed to be edited.

Except for the elephant in the room being this is entirely not enforced. Opening up Twitch will put that fact on display.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:42 AM, JeSuisSansoa said:

yeaaaa hard like baylan the texture of the contenair look like full hd 

Merged.

i will try this rn tysm

Merged.

HEY so i tested and the config have cool low poly car but everything look textured.  Clearly visible in Baylan. i really want the container look like big cube colored..

They changed things years ago so you can't get to that super low detail by altering UPK files. I'm not sure how to go about it anymore or if possible in .inis.

I'm not sure, are you still allowed to alter the .ini file that USP style does but to a further degree? Or are you only allowed to use the configs given... I remember doing a lot of things by lowering things manually beyond what USP originally did, but that was years ago and i'm not sure the stipends anymore.

Muzzle flash removal is permitted, and it's in the config link shared by cookie. It's the removal of the explosions and other effects that are still not permitted. (I blame the halloween event fog 😢 ) I doubt no fog is permitted if it effects the event but it's probably different?... otherwise they just banned shader changes then let the primary issue that caused it get off scotch free...

I loved shaders that made the game look more vibrant, i still miss them (even though I understand "why" they were removed, i.e. borderland shaders/halloween no fog)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'm not sure, are you still allowed to alter the .ini file that USP style does but to a further degree? Or are you only allowed to use the configs given... I remember doing a lot of things by lowering things manually beyond what USP originally did, but that was years ago and i'm not sure the stipends anymore.

If its an .ini file you are allowed to edit it, mousefix, hold crouch, toggle sprint and most graphical changes you can do are all done in .ini files which are the files the game changes when you make changes ingame to your sensitivity etc. They can set minimal values for these like how they did back when ppl set their Particles to 0 to turn them off entirely, this does not work anymore so instead, ppl are using .upk edits to remove things like grenade explosion particles, muzzleflash etc, this is absolutely not allowed.

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Muzzle flash removal is permitted, and it's in the config link shared by cookie. It's the removal of the explosions and other effects that are still not permitted. (I blame the halloween event fog 😢 ) I doubt no fog is permitted if it effects the event but it's probably different?... otherwise they just banned shader changes then let the primary issue that caused it get off scotch free...

If the muzzleflash removal if done through .ini files it should be fine because it follows LO's rules, however, I believe all ways to do it through .ini edits has been fixed by G1 and ppl are editing the actual unreal package files to remove it.

The nofog shader is weird in how it operates, its technically considered a shader but doesn't behave like what is traditionally considered as a shader edit in apb since it does not require bloom to be enabled to work. Long ago, within the first year of LO's takeover I personally asked Matt if the nofog shader is something they ban for and was given the answer that they do not ban for it but plan on fixing the ability to remove the fog at some point and I believe they even did so with the events which kick you if you are using certain versions of the nofog shader although it doesn't work for all. So I would very much consider it as a grey area and they could change their mind on how they handle it at any time.

• Like 1

My issue isn't the ability to turn off various effects, it's that they took away the ability to do it via ini files, but also ignore their own TOS and let streamers play with unintended modifications. Turning off blood is necessary for players with GPUs older than the GTX 900 series that want 100+ fps during combat, but it doesn't increase visibility much. However, turning off all explosions is a huge advantage to visibility, and it's basically what you need to do if you just want blood gone.

Also, having most of your streamers playing lower than potato is a terrible way to promote your game. These players have flagship hardware yet they choose to run it as if they're playing on a 10 year old laptop.

Also, there's a high correlation between players who play on 1024x1080 and VAC bans.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1