Sign in to follow this  
Ardenn

I'm sorry.

I spent years hyping up this game and jumping up and down about campaign ideas and lore ideas and maps I'd want to make and mini-factions and combat arenas and PVP tournaments and everything else under the sun because I used to find this game really cool and unique and exciting. And I still do. I flat out dont like Post-Apocalyptic games but this one really grabbed me by the balls and didnt let go for about five years of my life, and it was a wild ride I (mostly) dont regret! I wrote a damn book about how much fun I had in Fallen Earth!

I was so excited when the announcement came that the servers were coming back online and wholly un-prepared when they actually did, scrambling to try and gather all my notes and resources together. I heard Hooligan had the Market back up, and some of my old Lightbearer friends from the old days were popping back up to see how things were going. I even heard a few of the old rival Saints were lurking around and I might have some challenges on the battlefield that could throw down a good fight instead of running away after one death. Gosh, even Hope Springs got back up and running, and my old Arch Nemesis in Roleplay was seen in the woods again. Oh, Oh, I was so excited!

Then I caught Covid.

I recovered about three weeks later but my ability to write a story has come to a grinding halt. I've been wracking my brains for months and the ideas just stopped.

I've been thinking about how to write this post for a while, because its a really strange feeling to just be totally disconnected from something I was so passionate about before.

I havnt been on since Reapers Bar closed, I just dont have stories in me any more.

I'm sorry if you were looking forward to "Storytime".

6 hours ago, Ardenn said:

I spent years hyping up this game and jumping up and down about campaign ideas and lore ideas and maps I'd want to make and mini-factions and combat arenas and PVP tournaments and everything else under the sun because I used to find this game really cool and unique and exciting. And I still do. I flat out dont like Post-Apocalyptic games but this one really grabbed me by the balls and didnt let go for about five years of my life, and it was a wild ride I (mostly) dont regret! I wrote a damn book about how much fun I had in Fallen Earth!

I was so excited when the announcement came that the servers were coming back online and wholly un-prepared when they actually did, scrambling to try and gather all my notes and resources together. I heard Hooligan had the Market back up, and some of my old Lightbearer friends from the old days were popping back up to see how things were going. I even heard a few of the old rival Saints were lurking around and I might have some challenges on the battlefield that could throw down a good fight instead of running away after one death. Gosh, even Hope Springs got back up and running, and my old Arch Nemesis in Roleplay was seen in the woods again. Oh, Oh, I was so excited!

Then I caught Covid.

I recovered about three weeks later but my ability to write a story has come to a grinding halt. I've been wracking my brains for months and the ideas just stopped.

I've been thinking about how to write this post for a while, because its a really strange feeling to just be totally disconnected from something I was so passionate about before.

I havnt been on since Reapers Bar closed, I just dont have stories in me any more.

I'm sorry if you were looking forward to "Storytime".

going off what i know about current RP. what you need is more of them theres to few with to similar stories or similar elements to them. and on top of that only really two main open events for it which was reapers and hope springs and well your not going to get alot of people there for the content they bring.

need to get towns back like sunshine, or south burb more people with a more open ended story doing more things with the world builds and sectors even factions. would help make more fun stories that wont sound the same after a while.

also i just woke up English isnt working yet

Some old dregs of history you may not know about;

There were people who intentionally kept me out of the South Burb organization, as well as several of the other townships. I'd actively wanted to join up and support those projects in the past and was repeatedly told by multiple event organizers that I wasnt welcome because I had too much weight in the community. There were even a few RP Raids and combat events Aiidoneus told me outright not to attend because he was convinced my sheer charisma would cause people to change sides and whoever went up against me would lose.

I never considered myself to be particularly powerful, but there were absolutely roleplayers that were terrified of me showing up to the point of not playing whatsoever if I was present. I ended up having to make my own events and parties and leave them open ended to whoever wanted to show up.

Not to mention I have a long history where Hope Springs have literally thrown out every single one of my characters. I've made a vast amount of characters with vibrant and different backgrounds. 90% of the time people cannot detect my alts as I completely change how I behave "out of character" between handles with different slang terminology, grammar, punctuation, etc. I've actually had people PM me on some of my alts mistaking me for a completely different player. Every single one has been kicked out of Hope, and only one ever actually started a fight.

PVP trivia;
Despite being a Warcheif for the CHOTA for 2-3 years, I only ever killed 8 people. 3 of them were in Hope Springs trying to lure lowbies into flagging so their friends could snipe them from range for free Death Toll because "roleplayers dont fight back".

I literally told the server on a daily basis that I was the worst PVPer in the game and no one believed me.

6 hours ago, Ardenn said:

Some old dregs of history you may not know about;

There were people who intentionally kept me out of the South Burb organization, as well as several of the other townships. I'd actively wanted to join up and support those projects in the past and was repeatedly told by multiple event organizers that I wasnt welcome because I had too much weight in the community. There were even a few RP Raids and combat events Aiidoneus told me outright not to attend because he was convinced my sheer charisma would cause people to change sides and whoever went up against me would lose.

I never considered myself to be particularly powerful, but there were absolutely roleplayers that were terrified of me showing up to the point of not playing whatsoever if I was present. I ended up having to make my own events and parties and leave them open ended to whoever wanted to show up.

Not to mention I have a long history where Hope Springs have literally thrown out every single one of my characters. I've made a vast amount of characters with vibrant and different backgrounds. 90% of the time people cannot detect my alts as I completely change how I behave "out of character" between handles with different slang terminology, grammar, punctuation, etc. I've actually had people PM me on some of my alts mistaking me for a completely different player. Every single one has been kicked out of Hope, and only one ever actually started a fight.

PVP trivia;
Despite being a Warcheif for the CHOTA for 2-3 years, I only ever killed 8 people. 3 of them were in Hope Springs trying to lure lowbies into flagging so their friends could snipe them from range for free Death Toll because "roleplayers dont fight back".

I literally told the server on a daily basis that I was the worst PVPer in the game and no one believed me.

yes i have talked to marry and others. there is that issue in the rp community were people choose and exclude people based on X or on rumor X there are many examples of this and i wish not to try and cover them

seeing how i have and had many alts classic and non-classic i have seen people in rp actively go out there way to remove or cast out players for what ever reason. then you have the issue of know it alls who have toons that can do anything and everything which kills the mood as well as the fight clubbers as i call them who start fights with people then cry or refuse when combat is started flagged or other wise

maybe a way of going about it would be to contact rpers and do single sits with them get a story from who they are from your view, of course you clash with x and x and like x and x as anyone so thats a "up to you manner", but what really needs to happen with the rp side of FE is unity and agreeing (to an extent) as well as talking to each other more and cleaning up rumors or lies or feelings we can not convay how we feel very well through text and i'm sure that would weed out the chaff and keep in the clean real people who are here for the rp

if i even make sense in what i am saying, trust me my english is terrible i'm very antisocial

I used to talk about writing community guideliens and rules for engagement.

Roleplayers hate being told what to do though and it was struck down every time. 😛

Sign in to follow this