Sign in to follow this  
EerieEric

Another honest take

Now that i've kinda reread the APB 2022 Roadmap, I can assume some things about the game and why it's been in the kindest of terms, shitcanned.  This more or less my speculation on the matter, the hell if I know what goes on at LO.  Let's knock out the obvious reasons, from COVID to the ever growing craziness that is planet earth, 2019-2022 has been a shitshow.  That being said I don't think these are the major reasons APB is dying and it's staying dead (still up for speculation, but results looking grim)

The best conclusion I can come up with?  LO got tired of it.  This IP has a terrible launch despite the diehard fans out there, while there was alot of good alot more bad overweighed it.  That being said the concept isn't a bad one, its really easy to get invested in it and for the most part I even had fun (pure lies, don't believe) when I was playing with during my reign in 2015-17 and then my return in 2019-2020.

LO lost interest in APB, I mean they have another game they are working on while they work on the update and remake of APB.  It's not hard to see that this might be the end of this game.  I know I just posted a complete meme thread not but a few days ago, but I genuinely feel bad for people who've invested in APB with their time and money, only for the Dev's to get kinda tired of it and keep everyone in the dark about it.  I can completely understand why some still kinda frequent the forums and the game, in hopes LO gives them a small nugget of hope.  Games kinda fun in some aspects and it was hard to put down when I was invested in it.

That being said i'll end off with this.  I hope that APB gets the comeback it desperately needs.  I hope that LO keeps to their roadmap and you all get your super enhanced graphics and improvements.  I really hope LO doesn't just flicks the switch on you lot, you direhard goons and I really hope they prove me wrong.

Here is hoping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EerieEric said:

Now that i've kinda reread the APB 2022 Roadmap, I can assume some things about the game and why it's been in the kindest of terms, shitcanned.  This more or less my speculation on the matter, the hell if I know what goes on at LO.  Let's knock out the obvious reasons, from COVID to the ever growing craziness that is planet earth, 2019-2022 has been a shitshow.  That being said I don't think these are the major reasons APB is dying and it's staying dead (still up for speculation, but results looking grim)

The best conclusion I can come up with?  LO got tired of it.  This IP has a terrible launch despite the diehard fans out there, while there was alot of good alot more bad overweighed it.  That being said the concept isn't a bad one, its really easy to get invested in it and for the most part I even had fun (pure lies, don't believe) when I was playing with during my reign in 2015-17 and then my return in 2019-2020.

LO lost interest in APB, I mean they have another game they are working on while they work on the update and remake of APB.  It's not hard to see that this might be the end of this game.  I know I just posted a complete meme thread not but a few days ago, but I genuinely feel bad for people who've invested in APB with their time and money, only for the Dev's to get kinda tired of it and keep everyone in the dark about it.  I can completely understand why some still kinda frequent the forums and the game, in hopes LO gives them a small nugget of hope.  Games kinda fun in some aspects and it was hard to put down when I was invested in it.

That being said i'll end off with this.  I hope that APB gets the comeback it desperately needs.  I hope that LO keeps to their roadmap and you all get your super enhanced graphics and improvements.  I really hope LO doesn't just flicks the switch on you lot, you direhard goons and I really hope they prove me wrong.

Here is hoping.

I think there are a mixture of things going on. The game in its current state can only support minimal expansion. The money and man power needed to make a dent in expanding the game doesnt make financial sense so best to go slowly and surely. The moderation of the game takes up a lot of time and money also. Some very passionate players out there react badly to any news at all, either good or bad. Some not so nice players out there also.  If EA owned this game, they would pull it and you wouldnt be able to play it anymore.  So i thank LO for keeping it going.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I think there are a mixture of things going on. The game in its current state can only support minimal expansion. The money and man power needed to make a dent in expanding the game doesnt make financial sense so best to go slowly and surely. The moderation of the game takes up a lot of time and money also. Some very passionate players out there react badly to any news at all, either good or bad. Some not so nice players out there also.  If EA owned this game, they would pull it and you wouldnt be able to play it anymore.  So i thank LO for keeping it going.

in game moderation ecksdeeee

maybe if there was even an active community manager the game wouldn't feel so dead, and maybe people wouldn't be hesitant to put money into a game they enjoy playing. instead g1/lo have created a negative feedback loop that just causes the game to spiral downwards.

i will actually take another opportunity to thanks LO for keeping the game alive. Bad or good, but we can still play it. Thanks LO!

12 hours ago, greenfield said:

i will actually take another opportunity to thanks LO for keeping the game alive. Bad or good, but we can still play it. Thanks LO!

You think Apb ist still alive thanks to LO? haha

LO did so bad for this great game that the trues. 

On 4/12/2022 at 7:22 PM, Y2Venom said:

The moderation of the game takes up a lot of time and money also. 

Wait theres moderation? Ive seen everything from nazi roleplay squads to actual insanely blatant cheats (cough cough Naming & Shaming removed.    - Azukii or whatever his name is now). There appears to be zero, or extremely minimal moderation at best. Its probably only on the forums, not ingame

21 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

in game moderation ecksdeeee

maybe if there was even an active community manager the game wouldn't feel so dead, and maybe people wouldn't be hesitant to put money into a game they enjoy playing. instead g1/lo have created a negative feedback loop that just causes the game to spiral downwards.

I agree, but there was never an emphasis put on protecting the in game community as well as protecting the forum community Although i do think, the intention was there. There is no emphasis put on protecting new players or the decent players coming into the game.

I think cheaters were protected the most out of the community by stopping the name and shame. I think LO was nothing but fair to the cheaters. They offered them an olive branch and let them all back by saying the bans were questionable. But lets be honest, we all know they were cheating or doing something against the terms of service.  cheating has now comback with a vengeance. Unfortunately allowing cheaters anonymity to cheat over and over again, essentially created a cheating haven for them.  It felt great seeing that fair fight banned somebody.

8 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

They sold the IP to a chinese game company, this game isn't going anywhere.

considering G1 staff were being targeted at their homes. It was a brilliant move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I think cheaters were protected the most out of the community by stopping the name and shame. I think LO was nothing but fair to the cheaters. They offered them an olive branch and let them all back by saying the bans were questionable. But lets be honest, we all know they were cheating or doing something against the terms of service.  cheating has now comback with a vengeance. Unfortunately allowing cheaters anonymity to cheat over and over again, essentially created a cheating haven for them.  It felt great seeing that fair fight banned somebody.

its funny that people believe g1 even after all the shady shit they pulled, but won't believe orbit when they've been far more upfront and honest about things

makes me wonder if orbit would have been more successful if they'd just continued the radio silence and lies from g1 lol

7 minutes ago, glaciers said:

its funny that people believe g1 even after all the shady shit they pulled, but won't believe orbit when they've been far more upfront and honest about things

makes me wonder if orbit would have been more successful if they'd just continued the radio silence and lies from g1 lol

cheating was never this bad under G1. You can go onto twitch streams and find somebody cheating one way or another. If i want to buy cheats, i know who to whisper because their clan name is advertising that they are selling them.  G1 fought fire with fire and cheaters were banned.

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

cheating was never this bad under G1. You can go onto twitch streams and find somebody cheating one way or another. If i want to buy cheats, i know who to whisper because their clan name is advertising that they are selling them.  G1 fought fire with fire and cheaters were banned.

it seems like you're letting the nostalgia talk, since all of those things existed under g1 to a much greater extent 

g1 didnt fight fire with fire (that doesn't even make sense tbh) they did the bare minimum and lied about it, its cool if you preferred the lies but i think its silly to hold orbit to a fake standard

13 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I agree, but there was never an emphasis put on protecting the in game community as well as protecting the forum community Although i do think, the intention was there. There is no emphasis put on protecting new players or the decent players coming into the game.

considering G1 staff were being targeted at their homes. It was a brilliant move.

thats the good right point what u say.  Good times was under G1. Not for cheater they was risk a BAN. It was long time needed for it but  was ok. 

LO was only great time for every cheaters in apb  And i see real old cheater from old day who was coming back with LO  i cant say names here.  All cheaters love LO. But this  was kill the game. The serious players left. Look now what in game runs No Skills anymore.

Never LO did serious with apb.   New Players you see nothing more. Only russian new players. 

8 hours ago, glaciers said:

it seems like you're letting the nostalgia talk, since all of those things existed under g1 to a much greater extent 

g1 didnt fight fire with fire (that doesn't even make sense tbh) they did the bare minimum and lied about it, its cool if you preferred the lies but i think its silly to hold orbit to a fake standard

Considering the amount of people who's playing this game, was so much higher under GamersFirst than with Little Orbit is a fact. Not very hard to do something with the rest who's left tbh.

Game wont change. New servers wont come. Game will die. People will move on. 😎

• Like 1

20 hours ago, glaciers said:

All those things did exist during g1 but not as bad as it is now. Right now there are almost cheaters in every game either in your team or against your team. But worst of all, there seems to be an acceptance of it.

10 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

All those things did exist during g1 but not as bad as it is now. Right now there are almost cheaters in every game either in your team or against your team. But worst of all, there seems to be an acceptance of it.

rose tinted glasses

epicgoat and his fanboys crashing districts, angry cheaters ddosing the game every day, competition to see who could beat ff for the longest or get on ffbans the most times, accounts sold like lottery tickets for rerolls - g1 was a flaming mess when it came to cheating because they relied on an anticheat that only banned cheaters after they cheated

heck, the largest public cheat providers dont even support apb anymore, that and a client side anticheat definitely put a dent in the casual cheating 

ill always rag on orbit for not continuing to pay for eac when at the time it was the best anticheat apb had, but just the fact that they went through 3 (or 2, if you want to count both BE attempts as the same) different anticheats is more effort than g1 ever put in

4 hours ago, glaciers said:

epicgoat and his fanboys crashing districts,

What do you mean by crashing districts? The name is familiar.

4 hours ago, glaciers said:

epicgoat and his fanboys crashing districts,

You better watch out or I'm gonna crash the forums.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

13 hours ago, glaciers said:

rose tinted glasses

ill always rag on orbit for not continuing to pay for eac when at the time it was the best anticheat apb had, but just the fact that they went through 3 (or 2, if you want to count both BE attempts as the same) different anticheats is more effort than g1 ever put in

I have rose tinted glasses for APB, this is true, i think i always will. I remember all the DDOSSing also. I always took the ddossing like it was a child going "wah wah wah", i would throw my fist in the air like it was the 80s, in celebration.

But i also agree with you, under EAC, was probably the best it ever was. You got the odd cheater at the weekends. Closets were still an issue.

Sign in to follow this