Nysek

"Make Factions Matter"

This has been an on-going topic for many of those who aren't truthfully fully PVP where "faction doesn't matter. Since I already know it'll be a shit-show let me cover the basics now...

• Disable the ability to heal outside of your faction during "/pvp" or within PVP zones, regardless of team/raid status.
    • This one is kinda sad as it also means you won't be able to make a mistake fighting an enemy and not selecting yourself (or an ally) for heals.
  • Leave friendly fire available to promote risk during teamfights, also to avoid Heavy Weapon cancer....
  • Add trinkets to further provide boosts
    • Obviously clone trinkets that benefit all, (Scav boost trav/vista can get is stronk) but definitely at least ones with special effects... currently only CHOTA and LB have activated trinkets worth using.
  • Add "AP" weapons to each faction (CHOTA/LB : Melee, Tech/Trav : Pistol, and Vista/Enforcer : Rifle)
  • Add "GT" tier faction armors, no change in stats but a new look for each faction would be nice.
  • Attempt to make a "council" system to help control "griefers" within their faction which would be selected by the staff rather than vote... this is due to potential abuse via mass-voting on multiple accounts.

Nothing would change when it comes to character build tho, simply restrictions to help police some of the trolling within factions. I don't expect this to be a thing, but would definitely be a solid step in the right direction to avoid further confusion for newer players... especially considering most games with 'factions' have far more limitations than this.

• Like 3

I wont comment on the PvP points because as a pure PvEer a) I don't have a right to say what should go on in PvP and b) I have no clue what should go on in PvP.

My past comments on the forum show Im a big proponent of making faction "matter" and the choice of one important. I don't see taking it back to the original design (minus the freaking wheel turning) as feasible no matter how much Id like it. People would riot even if a free respec was given to each character. Anything done to make faction choice relevant will have to be from this point forward. Something unique to each one. Like say for Vista; Id love to see the original idea of us being able to breed/train combat pets (idea dropped early beta.)

Maybe there needs to be a representative for each faction to be a unified voice and "champion" its cause.

Edited by Kitsae
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nysek said:

This has been an on-going topic for many of those who aren't truthfully fully PVP where "faction doesn't matter. Since I already know it'll be a shit-show let me cover the basics now...

• Disable the ability to heal outside of your faction during "/pvp" or within PVP zones, regardless of team/raid status.
    • This one is kinda sad as it also means you won't be able to make a mistake fighting an enemy and not selecting yourself (or an ally) for heals.
  • Leave friendly fire available to promote risk during teamfights, also to avoid Heavy Weapon cancer....
    • Obviously clone trinkets that benefit all, (Scav boost trav/vista can get is stronk) but definitely at least ones with special effects... currently only CHOTA and LB have activated trinkets worth using.
  • Add "AP" weapons to each faction (CHOTA/LB : Melee, Tech/Trav : Pistol, and Vista/Enforcer : Rifle)
  • Add "GT" tier faction armors, no change in stats but a new look for each faction would be nice.
  • Attempt to make a "council" system to help control "griefers" within their faction which would be selected by the staff rather than vote... this is due to potential abuse via mass-voting on multiple accounts.

Nothing would change when it comes to character build tho, simply restrictions to help police some of the trolling within factions. I don't expect this to be a thing, but would definitely be a solid step in the right direction to avoid further confusion for newer players... especially considering most games with 'factions' have far more limitations than this.

Faction needs more than quirky restraints for being in it to make it viable to play the part.  I believe restricting heals to the same faction would hurt smaller groups who often only get PvP by joining a bigger group and it would ultimately force everybody into two factions and ostracizing a few leftover. For factions to matter there needs to be a reason to be in it and participate in it. Ironically, despite all of GORE flaws, the weapons had an expensive upkeep in contrast to it's predecessors that forced people to harvest Rothium and do GORE bosses to craft ammunition and repair kits.  Prior to this we had Tier 2 DT gear which required 360k reputation order to buy the recipe and the components then to assemble it one had to buy Tier 1 non-tradeable pieces of gear. All this in some shape or form got people involved in factions. Now we have AP weapons with no requirement and no upkeep and GT suits that can be obtained with ease. 

Any PvP gear should've always had an expensive requirement and upkeep like having to acquire an untradeable base weapon like Tier 2 DT  weapons had especially with AP weapons and how much more powerful they are than their predecessors. We have far better gear now that is easier to obtain than GORE and Tier 2 DT gear. One issue that remains though is balancing PvE gear and PvP gear so neither community feels leftout: A possible solution would be changing the damage types of PvP weapons and gear so that PvE gear would be inferior in PvP and PvP gear would be inferior in PvE resist wise.   A lot of factors contributed to the demise of factions, including duping which made it unnecessary to harvest or PvP to get DT.... But the reality is no single change will simply make factions matter overnight but incremental progression can help shape it.  It is all to little to late now but something minor that can be changed would be putting the materials on all the conflict town merchants onto Blockade and FH's merchants and also adding a simple quest to FH to upgrade the merchant to get those supplies,

Edited by Calais
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nysek said:

+1 totally agree on this one

• Like 1

Clean up the drool please it's fucking everywhere.

Nice let's 'make factions matter' by ignoring lore and the basis of factions in FE because the toddlers in pvp, who have historically laughed in it's face, decided that now that it will benefit them it would be good to add.

Restricting off faction healing would do nadda. Faction wouldn't matter anymore than it did before. You would merely add a shit ton of extra headaches and kill off what pvp there is. I get it you guys like being able to call on a cute little zerg and force the other people to form mishmash parties to have similar numbers, but forcing this wouldn't fix anything it would merely break shit. This is also ignoring the intrinsic point of the 6 faction system...grey area, murkiness, betrayal etc. That's the entire point behind it and handholding the pvpers because the ritalin kids need a gold star will cause more long term damage than you would stick around to see the patootie end of. That's also assuming it works even half as expected.

Friendly fire is moot and shouldn't ever be questioned. At least you got that checkbox right.

Trinkets are minor things and should be thought about later. Plus the boost trinkets were typically mirrored on the other side and/or have neutral trinkets of equal effect. Activation trinkets are odd, but these are gimmicky at best typically. Also wouldn't make any faction matter more than another. Also cloning shit removes faction worth...hurr durr.

AP/gt tier would be good, but nothing that special again. Also wouldn't make factions matter.

Council systems are idiotic. I get it you wanna pull an idea from aroa to help em fit in but this is idiotic. If you were to add anything at all it would be a rogue system not some trashy out of place system that further ignores the factions and will easily be used and abused for peoples own devices. There are far better ways than trying to force faction nanny's in...THE WASTELAND.

Can you paint chip eatters maybe go through archived posts and old forums so as you can rip some half decent ideas rather than some moot points with some hamfisted 'this benefits me now gais pls add i know so much and think long'.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nysek said:

either make this an option to enable/disable otherwise -1 on that one, the rest would be good as long as the fac-based stuff is balanced. and rep grinding speed is increased, i personally dont feel like grinding 13 55s to max rep cause of a trinket that is required.

5 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

Clean up the drool please it's fucking everywhere.

Nice let's 'make factions matter' by ignoring lore and the basis of factions in FE because the toddlers in pvp, who have historically laughed in it's face, decided that now that it will benefit them it would be good to add.

Restricting off faction healing would do nadda. Faction wouldn't matter anymore than it did before. You would merely add a shit ton of extra headaches and kill off what pvp there is. I get it you guys like being able to call on a cute little zerg and force the other people to form mishmash parties to have similar numbers, but forcing this wouldn't fix anything it would merely break shit. This is also ignoring the intrinsic point of the 6 faction system...grey area, murkiness, betrayal etc. That's the entire point behind it and handholding the pvpers because the ritalin kids need a gold star will cause more long term damage than you would stick around to see the patootie end of. That's also assuming it works even half as expected.

Friendly fire is moot and shouldn't ever be questioned. At least you got that checkbox right.

Trinkets are minor things and should be thought about later. Plus the boost trinkets were typically mirrored on the other side and/or have neutral trinkets of equal effect. Activation trinkets are odd, but these are gimmicky at best typically. Also wouldn't make any faction matter more than another. Also cloning shit removes faction worth...hurr durr.

AP/gt tier would be good, but nothing that special again. Also wouldn't make factions matter.

Council systems are idiotic. I get it you wanna pull an idea from aroa to help em fit in but this is idiotic. If you were to add anything at all it would be a rogue system not some trashy out of place system that further ignores the factions and will easily be used and abused for peoples own devices. There are far better ways than trying to force faction nanny's in...THE WASTELAND.

Can you paint chip eatters maybe go through archived posts and old forums so as you can rip some half decent ideas rather than some moot points with some hamfisted 'this benefits me now gais pls add i know so much and think long'.

Interesting points but simply hostile. Let alone claiming zerg when the only time you got "zerged" was by choice after peeps left. So that is neither here nor there.

But I actually expected that claim from JD seeing as numbers have never gone above 12 in said "zerg". Especially considering we usually only have to bring more when someone else does since everyone is hyped for "any" PVP.

As for the comment about council, I've actually played a few dozen games with this mechanic and it keep greifers in line. Notice how I only covered faction and not factionless, but definitely understand you were itching for one of these responses as it's been awhile.

That being said, yes there have been instances of abude which would be handled via staff rather than the players simply griefing one another through said system.

The argument behind "lore" would also cover restrictions to specific skills/mutations based on faction. But thus why friendly fire is covered here.

Armor/trinket/weapons, yes some value is lost vis "cloning" buy obviously others would be added (at least trinket wise) in their place. And would give an option to individuals to earn these items through a process that wasn't just PVP or Dome... Let alone Outpost which is a pretty decent shit-show.

1 hour ago, Kinksta said:

either make this an option to enable/disable otherwise -1 on that one, the rest would be good as long as the fac-based stuff is balanced. and rep grinding speed is increased, i personally dont feel like grinding 13 55s to max rep cause of a trinket that is required.

Well ya, faction grinding is painful and truthfully has very little options available.

But you'd think by now there would be something like a "raid" against the enemy faction gain a decent chunk of rep that is repeatable.

48 minutes ago, NysekZePope said:

But you'd think by now there would be something like a "raid" against the enemy faction gain a decent chunk of rep that is repeatable.

Would love faction specific raids. Make them give faction rep and ap for completion

2 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Would love faction specific raids. Make them give faction rep and ap for completion

Exactly, would've rather done that over waiting hours in rep grind groups.

Edited by NysekZePope

12 hours ago, Calais said:

Faction needs more than quirky restraints for being in it to make it viable to play the part.  I believe restricting heals to the same faction would hurt smaller groups who often only get PvP by joining a bigger group and it would ultimately force everybody into two factions and ostracizing a few leftover. For factions to matter there needs to be a reason to be in it and participate in it. Ironically, despite all of GORE flaws, the weapons had an expensive upkeep in contrast to it's predecessors that forced people to harvest Rothium and do GORE bosses to craft ammunition and repair kits.  Prior to this we had Tier 2 DT gear which required 360k reputation order to buy the recipe and the components then to assemble it one had to buy Tier 1 non-tradeable pieces of gear. All this in some shape or form got people involved in factions. Now we have AP weapons with no requirement and no upkeep and GT suits that can be obtained with ease. 

Any PvP gear should've always had an expensive requirement and upkeep like having to acquire an untradeable base weapon like Tier 2 DT  weapons had especially with AP weapons and how much more powerful they are than their predecessors. We have far better gear now that is easier to obtain than GORE and Tier 2 DT gear. One issue that remains though is balancing PvE gear and PvP gear so neither community feels leftout: A possible solution would be changing the damage types of PvP weapons and gear so that PvE gear would be inferior in PvP and PvP gear would be inferior in PvE resist wise.   A lot of factors contributed to the demise of factions, including duping which made it unnecessary to harvest or PvP to get DT.... But the reality is no single change will simply make factions matter overnight but incremental progression can help shape it.  It is all to little to late now but something minor that can be changed would be putting the materials on all the conflict town merchants onto Blockade and FH's merchants and also adding a simple quest to FH to upgrade the merchant to get those supplies,

See this is a reasonable response....

• Strongly agree it would effect mixed groups with less players than their enemy, but this can be addressed in a number of ways.
    • That being said it might need to simply be restricted to PVP zones, rather than /pvp as that's simply "PVP" which has no real relation with factions.
  • I actually have another thread about weapon/armor progression... because the fact DT/GORE/Stage 3 currently has no value (or even reason to use besides style) is depressing.
    • Not to mention a new player could easily confuse it as actual progression and wait their resources on the weaker tiers.
  • And yes putting S2/S3 Conflict town mats into Blockade/FH would boost their value.

But ya... the devs kinda decided to go from "Work for it" to "Well, maybe we pushed them too hard... here's a freebe" while also trying to give some love to players without a faction... thus the LA DT merchants.

6 hours ago, NysekZePope said:

Interesting points but simply hostile. Let alone claiming zerg when the only time you got "zerged" was by choice after peeps left. So that is neither here nor there.

But I actually expected that claim from JD seeing as numbers have never gone above 12 in said "zerg". Especially considering we usually only have to bring more when someone else does since everyone is hyped for "any" PVP.

As for the comment about council, I've actually played a few dozen games with this mechanic and it keep greifers in line. Notice how I only covered faction and not factionless, but definitely understand you were itching for one of these responses as it's been awhile.

That being said, yes there have been instances of abude which would be handled via staff rather than the players simply griefing one another through said system.

The argument behind "lore" would also cover restrictions to specific skills/mutations based on faction. But thus why friendly fire is covered here.

Armor/trinket/weapons, yes some value is lost vis "cloning" buy obviously others would be added (at least trinket wise) in their place. And would give an option to individuals to earn these items through a process that wasn't just PVP or Dome... Let alone Outpost which is a pretty decent shit-show.

Well ya, faction grinding is painful and truthfully has very little options available.

Yes let's ignore the fact you consistently bring more until you win and leave. You like to pull the ol condemned strats. And your 'well people wanted to pvp'. I'm going off in general. So don't give me this 'was by choice when people leave'.

Again you are ignoring the point of factions in the first place. You are ignoring subfactions and those things. If you want to put in a system like this pick one where it is passively enforced by the game then sure. Thanks but no thanks to putting this sort of thing in the hands of other players.

Ohh stop getting your panties in such a bunch because you died to same faction people. This is stuff that has more discussion and depth of discussion than you care to give it. This is the sort of thing that can and will be reinforced infaction as it always has in pvp. You don't need a special council system and that would be literally 1 of the worst ways to do it.

The point of the 'lore' discussion is the layout and working of the factions, which shockingly all have traitor subfactions. That work against the general factions goal or in spite of it. That is the reference here. Also only mutations are vaguely covered in factions with skills amounting to slight weapon preferences.

No the value is completely lost. The focus on bringing passive buff trinkets to every faction ignores the nature of the game and the other buff trinkets that counteract those. All passive trinkets for factions have similar neutral ones. The only things that don't are activation trinkets and these are gimmicky at their best.

In general the only decent ideas here are 4/5 and that was more or less accepted long ago before they were fielded by nysek. 1 is an awful idea with no purpose and has no usefulness and screams selective bias now with his current pvp group...it is only about to do harm to pvp. With 2 well friendly fire should always be on with the exception of bloodsports. 3 is a derpy point that serves no real purpose, but just sounds like they want the gimmicky chota active trinkets. 6 is an idiotic system that would have poor reasoning here due to how grey area factions are and would be better served by a passive system.

1 hour ago, MICFILLER said:

Yes let's ignore the fact you consistently bring more until you win and leave. You like to pull the ol condemned strats. And your 'well people wanted to pvp'. I'm going off in general. So don't give me this 'was by choice when people leave'.

Again you are ignoring the point of factions in the first place. You are ignoring subfactions and those things. If you want to put in a system like this pick one where it is passively enforced by the game then sure. Thanks but no thanks to putting this sort of thing in the hands of other players.

Ohh stop getting your panties in such a bunch because you died to same faction people. This is stuff that has more discussion and depth of discussion than you care to give it. This is the sort of thing that can and will be reinforced infaction as it always has in pvp. You don't need a special council system and that would be literally 1 of the worst ways to do it.

The point of the 'lore' discussion is the layout and working of the factions, which shockingly all have traitor subfactions. That work against the general factions goal or in spite of it. That is the reference here. Also only mutations are vaguely covered in factions with skills amounting to slight weapon preferences.

No the value is completely lost. The focus on bringing passive buff trinkets to every faction ignores the nature of the game and the other buff trinkets that counteract those. All passive trinkets for factions have similar neutral ones. The only things that don't are activation trinkets and these are gimmicky at their best.

In general the only decent ideas here are 4/5 and that was more or less accepted long ago before they were fielded by nysek. 1 is an awful idea with no purpose and has no usefulness and screams selective bias now with his current pvp group...it is only about to do harm to pvp. With 2 well friendly fire should always be on with the exception of bloodsports. 3 is a derpy point that serves no real purpose, but just sounds like they want the gimmicky chota active trinkets. 6 is an idiotic system that would have poor reasoning here due to how grey area factions are and would be better served by a passive system.

Waiting for a video where I've pulled "more" and then left. The only times I've been on where we had more was the garage incident, numbers did not change until we attempted to even numbers. But yes, the council system can lead to some silly nonsense.

But inner-faction conflict has never been an issue for me, you must be thinking of someone else. Even then, the only one I can think off-hand who has an Enforcer is Cenfozz who rarely is involved in PVP involving keeps.

Lore actually covers use of specific mutations and certain skill lines, but I'm not pulling up NPC/mission dialog as well as general descriptions. Most of which are null after so many combat builds. But indeed lore also covers internal faction conflict, but "shockingly" is an odd way to put it. Even in games with complete faction restrictions there are parts of lore where individuals or parties go against the "agenda".

Again, adding other trinkets which would relate while allowing passive ones which have some relation to one another. Which could mean a scav, nature, or geo boost to at least give an edge to each... rather than trinkets which give benefits give no value in the current system (More than 6 years in some cases). The logic behind ignoring additional trinkets, or more options, would be like accepting the current consume table... which is another story.

1. Actually only 4 members are actually "full time" enforcers, the rest are scattered across factions.
  2. Kinda pointless to cover this as it's an agreement.
  3. Active and passive trinkets that could at least stray away from VFC/Muscular Regulator/Armor Trinkets/Bola (only to dismount) and maybe blightwolf for going "max HP".
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. A passive system which we've both agreed in the past would never work properly or simply be used as a grief mechanic in some way/shape/form.

You're reading far to much into this, fact is that FE is quite niche and streamlining a system actually creates a safety net that MMO players tend to accept. Which if factions had no relation to PVP zones, this would not be of concern. I would be more about PVP zones being clan based, rather than faction, but alas I doubt this would change.

I know you've been itching for a salty debate, or rather slandering, but if any of the nonsense you have said was true I'd be in a lot more of this videos of you being "outnumbered" or "zerged". Even then, a few "TNO" shouldn't even be a threat if they can't field 2+ groups themselves.

10 hours ago, Nysek said:

Waiting for a video where I've pulled "more" and then left. The only times I've been on where we had more was the garage incident, numbers did not change until we attempted to even numbers. But yes, the council system can lead to some silly nonsense.

But inner-faction conflict has never been an issue for me, you must be thinking of someone else. Even then, the only one I can think off-hand who has an Enforcer is Cenfozz who rarely is involved in PVP involving keeps.

Lore actually covers use of specific mutations and certain skill lines, but I'm not pulling up NPC/mission dialog as well as general descriptions. Most of which are null after so many combat builds. But indeed lore also covers internal faction conflict, but "shockingly" is an odd way to put it. Even in games with complete faction restrictions there are parts of lore where individuals or parties go against the "agenda".

Again, adding other trinkets which would relate while allowing passive ones which have some relation to one another. Which could mean a scav, nature, or geo boost to at least give an edge to each... rather than trinkets which give benefits give no value in the current system (More than 6 years in some cases). The logic behind ignoring additional trinkets, or more options, would be like accepting the current consume table... which is another story.

1. Actually only 4 members are actually "full time" enforcers, the rest are scattered across factions.
  2. Kinda pointless to cover this as it's an agreement.
  3. Active and passive trinkets that could at least stray away from VFC/Muscular Regulator/Armor Trinkets/Bola (only to dismount) and maybe blightwolf for going "max HP".
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. A passive system which we've both agreed in the past would never work properly or simply be used as a grief mechanic in some way/shape/form.

You're reading far to much into this, fact is that FE is quite niche and streamlining a system actually creates a safety net that MMO players tend to accept. Which if factions had no relation to PVP zones, this would not be of concern. I would be more about PVP zones being clan based, rather than faction, but alas I doubt this would change.

I know you've been itching for a salty debate, or rather slandering, but if any of the nonsense you have said was true I'd be in a lot more of this videos of you being "outnumbered" or "zerged". Even then, a few "TNO" shouldn't even be a threat if they can't field 2+ groups themselves.

Ahh yes inner faction conflict wasn't an issue for you in a thread with:

Attempt to make a "council" system to help control "griefers" within their faction which would be selected by the staff rather than vote... this is due to potential abuse via mass-voting on multiple accounts.

Wow I can't imagine what 'faction griefing' falls under. Really gets you wondering, but yeah you have no issue with it. The only other instance where faction griefing could be considered to exist is keep cloners, but that's a poor design in general(all these should have a port out to a nearby neutral cloner).

Yes and it is a rather important part of FE's. This is why it is a wheel and historically factions have been grouped in triads by players.

This seems closer to something that should then be addressed when/if trinkets/consumes get overhauled/updated to the current system. Even still the better format would be to stick to where it currently is and have the factions excel in certain areas and be poor or nonexistent in others. As people can go into 3 factions there is no real reason to not allow some uniqueness. Active trinkets are an odd case in general(should prob be expanded and all share cooldowns, or categories share cooldowns or remove them all together).

1. Then explain the logic behind this suggestion. As currently it does little but push towards lopsided factions with grinding required to temporarily balance them out compared to historically where people would band together against a common enemy. When omni was an issue factions would join together and when 1 was too powerful the others would band together. This happened with foe, wolves, exile, saints, heretic, poker etc. Allowing people the option of working together adds more than removing that. This suggestion only seems like it would be to the detriment of pvp.

3. This just like consumes is beyond the faction system and requires a more indepth change. Factions should be a minor point here anyways as this group of things again is typically outside factions.

6. The main issue is FF tagging with passive systems and this seems like a nonsense thing to bring in anyways for 'faction griefing' when there would be far better mechanics that could be brought in. Unless you are thinking of particular instances or something it seems like an excessive system, and even then a passive system with it opting same team/raid members out of punishment would be a better one(if trying to prevent exploiting make it so this is decided by greater than 50% total damage done in the last 10 seconds or so). This is assuming it's possible in the first place. Sure if it was the only way then I'd say no passive system as it will always be exploited in some fashion, but if I had to choose between passive or 'trusted members' I'd take passive every time.

Sure I can agree on that, but removing healing between different factions is an odd change to 'streamline' things. This isn't alliance/horde style factions you can be chota 1 day then enfo the next if you so choose so a hard restriction seems stupid. Especially as there is no balancing mechanic between the factions so this is always played by ear by pvpers.

Itching for one? Nah. This was the only real topic that bothered me as it screamed one trying to stack their own deck, especially with your guys clan at the moment...how overprotective they are of it and how bizarre the first suggestion was and the last one. Even more so considering your previous influence in G1. So that was the only reason this topic irked me. Like I said though most of the stuff outside that is agreed upon and trinkets like consumes should be overhauled in general.

Meh outnumbered or not I couldn't careless at the end of the day. Pvp is pvp and as long as the numbers are capable of being fought I'm game, but when something comes off as trying to change others being able to balance the scales then it bothers me. And numbers in pvp have always been empty banter.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, Nysek said:

Disable the ability to heal outside of current faction? LAWLS! Way to make a suggestion that benefits your current situation in PvP, I know you're tired of losing already. But the reporting for a clan name along with this now, really? This is just a terrible idea and will only lead to PvP dying off again.

Obviously there needs to be more diversity across the board in gear, trinkets, weapons, buffs. GT Faction armor would be great, along with each factions respected weapon type for AP weapons. PvE and PvP faction trinkets would be great. PvE giving boosts to gathering, social, etc. As for PvP trinkets maybe armor, regens, health via strength, it'd help with carry weight at the same time. Trinkets should be on par with current obviously and slightly better, giving you a reason to actually get a decent amount of faction rep for the trinket. AP trinket would be pretty neato as well.

You're trying to apply limitations to factions in an apocalypse game, lol wat. A council system for in-faction killing, and leave it up to salty players? No thanks, this isn't ArcheAge. In-faction killing is pretty simple to combat by just killing the player(s) doing the killing, not to mention you already don't get DT for killing your own faction. Which in my opinion a reduced amount of DT should be rewarded, you're killing a player none the less. In-faction killing is useful, trimming your own faction down when it becomes the zerg faction. Even killing your own team member if you're trying to trim numbers and they refuse to leave, something you kiddos should look into ;D. Then you could also bring lore into it as well, each faction having their own in-faction fighting.

No one change is going to make factions matter, changes to conflict towns could possibly help though. Reverting back to where this faction has this mutation only isn't the answer either. Maybe give a boost to the skill level of the respected faction mutation to where you could get the top ranks of the mutation based off of faction, or not have to invest as much AP to get a certain rank.

+1 for faction rep raids.

Even something like the insta spawning traveler NPCs in Alpha, but for all factions would be a nice addition. Having an AP quest to go along side with raids with a 10 blue reward, similar to the circuits would make a great addition in my opinion.

Perhaps not in a PvP zone to make it accessible to everyone.

2 hours ago, Jdred said:

Disable the ability to heal outside of current faction? LAWLS! Way to make a suggestion that benefits your current situation in PvP, I know you're tired of losing already. But the reporting for a clan name along with this now, really? This is just a terrible idea and will only lead to PvP dying off again.

Already covered most of the other points, but last I checked your only fights that were recently won were bringing Nuba/DV. Prior to that you didn't have a consistent winning average, well maybe against TNO.. which you even went as far as claimed "1-2 more" when it would be only two from our clan and the rest TNO. Must be hard fighting outnumbered by peeps that can't do damage (or focus damage rather) or crossheal, thus why I've sat out of fights if they had "plenty". Can't teach ones that refuse to learn basic mechanics.

And reporting someone for a clan name?... I simply let others know "if" they had an issue with it they can file it to support.

Already covered the point of this thread within the clan as well, since many are not "just" Enfo, a solution should be met to bring in new blood. Obviously the current system has not been working entirely well for less consistent PVPers, which in the future I do hope PVP focuses around clans rather than factions as it's value there will always be null. That and the parties in question already knew how the more dedicated PVPers would react.

The only other "Twist" would be allowing the ability to choose two allies, which also forces two enemies.

• Allys : Traveler and CHOTA while clan is Vista
  • Enemies : Enforcer, Lightbearer, and Tech then become enemies by this ruleset.

But I do agree no "one" thing will fix factions, let alone conflict towns when we all can easily flip to said faction to buy from said venders while griefing those that want to. Get the wheels turning rather than "Well this currently works", gotta remember not everyone can handle even a little shit talk sometimes.

Edit : And I truthfully hope people are presenting actual feedback over just down-voting one another, if you have ideas than drop em in.

Edited by Nysek
  • Like 1

Maybe bring in new faction titles, new faction weapons/gear, and along side it make a new sector which is based around end game faction raids.(not lame events like in outpost) Keep world events in this new sector so we still have an option to play with other factions.

Well this has devolve into basically just PvP talk; but I get it that it is whats important to a lot of you. I am curious though... this talk about faction ap weapons and GT armor... how would it be balanced against the non faction versions that's already out.

13 hours ago, Nysek said:

Already covered most of the other points, but last I checked your only fights that were recently won were bringing Nuba/DV. Prior to that you didn't have a consistent winning average, well maybe against TNO.. which you even went as far as claimed "1-2 more" when it would be only two from our clan and the rest TNO. Must be hard fighting outnumbered by peeps that can't do damage (or focus damage rather) or crossheal, thus why I've sat out of fights if they had "plenty". Can't teach ones that refuse to learn basic mechanics.

And reporting someone for a clan name?... I simply let others know "if" they had an issue with it they can file it to support.

Already covered the point of this thread within the clan as well, since many are not "just" Enfo, a solution should be met to bring in new blood. Obviously the current system has not been working entirely well for less consistent PVPers, which in the future I do hope PVP focuses around clans rather than factions as it's value there will always be null. That and the parties in question already knew how the more dedicated PVPers would react.

The only other "Twist" would be allowing the ability to choose two allies, which also forces two enemies.

• Enemies : Enforcer, Lightbearer, and Tech then become enemies by this ruleset.

But I do agree no "one" thing will fix factions, let alone conflict towns when we all can easily flip to said faction to buy from said venders while griefing those that want to. Get the wheels turning rather than "Well this currently works", gotta remember not everyone can handle even a little shit talk sometimes.

Edit : And I truthfully hope people are presenting actual feedback over just down-voting one another, if you have ideas than drop em in.

what are you implying with bringing nuba or dv?, dont you have frammy , dimond and magora?

not that i think any of those guys are cheating. purely speaking of the past.

i mean you can say whatever you want but you arent going to win this. and the only reason you probably sit out is cause you dont want to take the L

half your clan doesnt even flag up anymore, or dies and doesnt come back out of the cloner.

and the crossheal part sounds like a "you" problem.

Edited by Kinksta

17 hours ago, Jdred said:

The only one leading PvP to die off is the: I'm going to outnumber you, gank you 24/7 and not give you fair fights because i don't like xyz or i don't like how you play the game, Grow up.

(Not saying nysek's idea is good)

40 minutes ago, FoxFox said:

The only one leading PvP to die off is the: I'm going to outnumber you, gank you 24/7 and not give you fair fights because i don't like xyz or i don't like how you play the game, Grow up.

(Not saying nysek's idea is good)

Ehh this doesn't even kill off pvp though. This still caused pvp if the opposing side will suck it up. It's when active denial happens, people run when similar numbers appear or in this situation if people can throw ragtag teams together. I'd say outside the old 'pvp denial' nyseks would hurt current pvp the most as currently numbers are only brought within reasonable amounts by pulling people together and nyseks idea would crush that(hell itd prob of crushed pvp outside of direct clan vs clan fighting over the last 8 years).

wheel of faction have 6 choices.

Is told you cant have positive LB/TRAV

Is told you cant have positive VISTA/TECH

Is told you cant have positive  ENFO/COTA

3 faction any player can have, so its not crazy to block heals/damage/ or oter thing is not that 3 factions., as Nysek said

For my friends in PVE world: They cant do misions in Enemy faction, so this will not affect them at all.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:44 AM, Kinksta said:

what are you implying with bringing nuba or dv?, dont you have frammy , dimond and magora?

not that i think any of those guys are cheating. purely speaking of the past.

i mean you can say whatever you want but you arent going to win this. and the only reason you probably sit out is cause you dont want to take the L

half your clan doesnt even flag up anymore, or dies and doesnt come back out of the cloner.

and the crossheal part sounds like a "you" problem.

Eh a me probably would be if I didn't see targets who "could" heal that simply don't anytime within a 5-10m fight, thus someone dies due to the people actually healing being off cooldown.

One can only advise so much, especially if they aren't up for friendly fights to let them see where they could improve...

And I don't blame them, I've seen situations where they might have 3, yet 6-10 flag thinking "They'll bring TNO", even if only 3-4 were flagged prior to them showing up. Why would they bring people who drag them down and refuse (Or rather not try to... one cannot expect to improve if they can't see an issue) to learn?... TNO might take this harshly, but nobody wants to try to carry someone that can neither do decent damage or heal. (Dealing high damage sometimes < consistent)

"Half" our clan which is what? TNO who happen to have toon in LB, at best. Then again you guys claimed the same thing with Mashed, Kayleigh, and myself came to LA to fight 4 only to get jumped by 6? We came out three times, then gave us as Kayleigh claimed we needed to "heal" her more... even tho every heal was used (and on CD when she finally died after about 4 rotations) because she wouldn't LoS when we were already outnumbered.

Now could we have won? Maybe, but in the open without cover is was higly unlikely.

On 6/24/2018 at 6:00 AM, Aroa Croft said:

wheel of faction have 6 choices.

Is told you cant have positive LB/TRAV

Is told you cant have positive VISTA/TECH

Is told you cant have positive  ENFO/COTA

3 faction any player can have, so its not crazy to block heals/damage/ or oter thing is not that 3 factions., as Nysek said

For my friends in PVE world: They cant do misions in Enemy faction, so this will not affect them at all.

It has some downsides none the less, I do not disagree with the point made about trying to rally together against a common enemy. Most games actually handle this through an incentive boost. This could be HP/Damage/etc based on how it views a faction's numbers with said change.

Now it does pose an issue that it could be abused, so rather than it simplying being "Enfos have 10, but 5 of two other faction show up... due to the nature of the beast the benefits would not simply double their effectiveness. Rather maybe a 25% boost at most, as their are "two" potential enemies within said PVP zone. Obviously this effect would not happen outside of PVP zones tho.

/pvp however I can agree there probably should not be a ruleset, it's the wasteland, but in a PVP zone for some reason "factions" were considered owners and thus you fight for said faction. People forget, the current ruleset obviously hasn't provided enough population. But that can mostly be a result of poor choices of the last dev team which lead to lack of proper hotfixes or regular updates.

Even then it's a questionable effort, even with regular updates the game "might" see 1k/2k population at most. On the PVP scene there will be snowflakes which will probably end up forcing this path anyways, as tickets "will" flow in because there are some individuals who will find humor in methods that are more hazardous to the game than otherwise.

Edited by Nysek

On 6/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, Nysek said:

i like the choose two allies twist idea A LOT!!!

On 6/21/2018 at 8:02 AM, Calais said:

Hi, i haven't done so much pvp yet, but i liked this idea on modifying some sets so they were more pvp or pve oriented:

in pvp set, set a modifier that says: "-50% damage to NPC; +50% damage from NPC"; reverse sings for PVE set.

in faction set, plus the above, set a modifier related to faction:

selec the case from the faction is from:

case is traveller faction: "-50% damage from LB; -25% damage from VISTA; -25% damage from ENF"

and so on all faction cases, with armor that protects them more from their "natural enemies" and their alies...