Nysek

"Make Factions Matter"

Its never been a secret I liked the game better before the 1.6 patches.   The whole point of the game in Beta and until that time was faction based PVP.  Game Lore revolves around why we hate certain factions. Mutation skills were from survivors who grouped together after the Fall. SO those with specific abilities breed more of those. Thats why the mutations were tied to faction choices.  Faction always matters.  Changing the game and removing that choice makes game lore meaningless. Bring back faction only mutations.  Faction always matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gv1yuyZS5o&list=PLgCeLAiv4iRPfTdcZRUzFwgfNZNOGylPt&index=4&t=0s

• Thanks 1

I agree with mutare. The biggest draw of this game has always been tribalism between factions.

Smoothing out the differences and focusing less of factions is one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing, my choices felt like they no longer mattered.

I've been saying for years that the faction is the most important thing in the game, and that from the "gore" patch everything went to shit ..... (that's when faction and death toll things started to be useless, making the game of a single path in theme of equipment)

• Thanks 1

I don't think there should be changed much PvP wise. If healing outside your faction is forbidden you can't team up and even in the faction lores there are allied factions. 

The faction based equipment and weapons would be cool. 

Not sure if anyone mentioned already.. But a punishment and reward system might be useful. Like killing your own faction will reduce your faction points and gives you some type of status for a while. Which will prevent you from entering keeps or recieving buffs from keeps controlled.

Improve the buffs from the PvP zones. So it becomes worthwhile going there. Maybe some faction ranks which are only obtainable by challenging each other/voting depending your faction? Like chota would totally fight over leadership. 

Another idea.. A citadel look-a-like area in a PvP zone (the area itself would be a non-fight zone) but owned by a faction. It could give some nice buffs and some high tier crafting materials. Also you can build it up yourself. Like the faction who holds the most keeps/flags over an x amount of hours will obtain the zone. 

• Like 1

I definitely appreciate the idea of making factions matter, and turning faction battles into a thing, especially since that's how it still remains for any lower levels who play, who've not yet been corrupted by the new age mindset of today's end-game PvPers. I feel as though Faction was an important role in immersion, but I'm not quite sure how to go about making it important again. There's so many torn feelings as far as a yes or no from my end to your suggestions, but... we will see in due time.

How about ?

1.Make gear faction based (could be done whit sub weapons ex Vista Sniper/Enfo AR or Shotgun (would need AP variants thou)

@Melee, Chota/LightB  @Pistols, Trav/Teks @Rifle, Vista/Enfo 

Or just give + Buff + 5/10/15 points for said faction, can be done bonus based on rep the rep. (new reason to keep ''friendly fire'' off)

2.Mutations (or over 120skill) be based on faction.(it would ''balanced''  if one can't use benovelance if not lightbarer 😜

3.Global buff

(Give to WHO contribute in faction pvp/pve zones content. (get's trigger only if done quest and scales whit faction REP, possible stop of alt's exploit since you need to ''work'' to get the buff even if the faction already have it, no free ride!)

PVP /PVE ex: Gallow, kill the human leque, collect nulifiers) pvp/ pve can work as one,make such activates in others pvp ( The District ) zones hig mats yeld, could make some others activities outside of pvp zone's,for pve repeatable quest whit cooldonw, whit rewards for crafting ect)

Can give, special mats,repair kit's for DT/Faction weapons (remove how DT gear is maintained) (need of special item not equivalent gear ex fuzzy or others cheap guns)

Special Ammunition Like +10Dmg (can be crafted but need faction stuff)

.Armor Pricing heavy ammo (pvp)

.Hollow Point Heavy ammo (pve)

(can't be trade) the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^

4.Faction Events

if one faction have 7 amount of day's whit Global,  Spawn a boss who can be attack only by said faction reward by participation. (good time for others faction to turn the table)

now the jokes.

Faction based Quest's

Vista plant trees,do nature stuff

Chlota go and make anarchy in cities

Travelers go sell storm on the street,

Techs hepl to build AI (not TETRAX) or make fixed to life-net

Enforeces practice in camp a solder never to fit

Light Bares go preach the about the light !!!

Edited by Psyzilard
  • Thanks 1

I agree with a ton of that, but don't restrict abilities to Factions because then people are joining factions for the wrong reasons, and I feel as though it would greatly effect the quality of PvP if some people had the crucial empathic heals and others did not.

• Thanks 1

Faction always matters. The game was built around a faction based mutation and combat system. Changinging the game at 10 years is wrong. Keep faction relevant. Bring Faction based mutations back to the game.

• Like 1

Or make clans matter. I mean.. fe community is rather small. People want to choose who to play with. With factions you'll always have the issue that people don't care about your fellow faction members or just don't care about factions at all.

Factions could be for your personal story/rp.

(don't get me wrong I'd love it to be as it was, but people their mind set has been changed. Maybe better to adapt) 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:25 PM, Sooney said:

Hi, i haven't done so much pvp yet, but i liked this idea on modifying some sets so they were more pvp or pve oriented:

in pvp set, set a modifier that says: "-50% damage to NPC; +50% damage from NPC"; reverse sings for PVE set.

in faction set, plus the above, set a modifier related to faction:

selec the case from the faction is from:

case is traveller faction: "-50% damage from LB; -25% damage from VISTA; -25% damage from ENF"

and so on all faction cases, with armor that protects them more from their "natural enemies" and their alies...

This really wouldn't be advisable in PVP areas where there are NPCs that attack you. Having the modifier to reduce damage to NPCs would just make you  dead a lot quicker. No one would use the faction armor when it would hinder PVP instead of helping it.

Edited by Dracio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PraiseTheSun said:

-snip-

(don't get me wrong I'd love it to be as it was, but people their mind set has been changed. Maybe better to adapt) 

People's mind set has been changed because the game has changed. Not the other way around.

People are not focused on factions because factions don't effect anything right now. And the game feels like a basic boss grind without them.

What do you do? Dome and bloodsports? That's the entire game? Feels empty and pointless to me. Why should I get top tier gear? Just to farm more top tier gear? Snooze.

I couldnt help myself but all this talk pvp and factions. Yes pvp is good and factions could get their meaning back. But it wont fix anything while constantly get backstabbed by multitoons.

Best way to fix it is to let only 3 toon slot not 50. There isnt point make faction based clan or pvp  if  so many alts running around.  Game is dying cause of that  ,new content players wont last cause toddlers " pvp".  

On 5/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Psyzilard said:

How about ?

1.Make gear faction based (could be done whit sub weapons ex Vista Sniper/Enfo AR or Shotgun (would need AP variants thou)

@Melee, Chota/LightB  @Pistols, Trav/Teks @Rifle, Vista/Enfo 

Or just give + Buff + 5/10/15 points for said faction, can be done bonus based on rep the rep. (new reason to keep ''friendly fire'' off)

2.Mutations (or over 120skill) be based on faction.(it would ''balanced''  if one can't use benovelance if not lightbarer 😜

3.Global buff

(Give to WHO contribute in faction pvp/pve zones content. (get's trigger only if done quest and scales whit faction REP, possible stop of alt's exploit since you need to ''work'' to get the buff even if the faction already have it, no free ride!)

PVP /PVE ex: Gallow, kill the human leque, collect nulifiers) pvp/ pve can work as one,make such activates in others pvp ( The District ) zones hig mats yeld, could make some others activities outside of pvp zone's,for pve repeatable quest whit cooldonw, whit rewards for crafting ect)

Can give, special mats,repair kit's for DT/Faction weapons (remove how DT gear is maintained) (need of special item not equivalent gear ex fuzzy or others cheap guns)

Special Ammunition Like +10Dmg (can be crafted but need faction stuff)

.Armor Pricing heavy ammo (pvp)

.Hollow Point Heavy ammo (pve)

(can't be trade) the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^

4.Faction Events

if one faction have 7 amount of day's whit Global,  Spawn a boss who can be attack only by said faction reward by participation. (good time for others faction to turn the table)

now the jokes.

Faction based Quest's

Vista plant trees,do nature stuff

Chlota go and make anarchy in cities

Travelers go sell storm on the street,

Techs hepl to build AI (not TETRAX) or make fixed to life-net

Enforeces practice in camp a solder never to fit

Light Bares go preach the about the light !!!

They are all very good ideas, but think that doing all that will take a lot of work to LO, so I propose another idea:

-- Given that "mattscot" has said that I do not want to clean the database to restart the game from scratch, I propose that the game return to a "playable addictive" version, where the faction mattered and where the complexity of the infinity of variables existed in the level 55 player. That is, that version where deathtoll, faction and stage 2 recipients were comparable, just before the gore version came out.

-- While some players have a progress on the current armor or weapons, give them the ability to change it to another of dt by using a recipe.

-- Oh, and most importantly, put an anticheat, for God's sake!

Although the version that I proposed was the best, ap points were obtained through races or missions. Probably "LO" will get a clean, addictive, playable version and although I remember the lag was priceless at that time. The version is from 2011 I think

I'm not sure of this data, just before the patch "Gore" came to the game and spoil everything, I think it was that date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a short list of things people would lose in FE if the game went back to 2011.

• No G.O.R.E. bosses. No more girlfriend for Eric. That is a bad deal. Poor Lilith.
  • No Blight Wolf Mount.
  • No Foothills PVP zone. RIP another PVP spot
  • Back to the original tutorial which was trimmed to help new players get into the game.
  • No multi sell/buyback. Everyone would have to sell items one at a time.
  • No AP weapons
  • No Outpost and all its fun (OK maybe that can go.........Na)
  • No GT suits
  • No TC-District. RIP harvesters.
  • No farms. This is just a sad thought. No more raising baby spiders.
  • No Dome.
  • No world bosses
  • No faction territory controls

There are other things too but here is a short list of all the things players have enjoyed since 2012 that if the game was reverted to pre 2011 they would lose.

Say NO to reverting to a game with less in it than before.

SAVE THE BABY SPIDERS!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dracio said:

This is a short list of things people would lose in FE if the game went back to 2011.

• No G.O.R.E. bosses. No more girlfriend for Eric. That is a bad deal. Poor Lilith.
  • No Blight Wolf Mount.
  • No Foothills PVP zone. RIP another PVP spot
  • Back to the original tutorial which was trimmed to help new players get into the game.
  • No multi sell/buyback. Everyone would have to sell items one at a time.
  • No AP weapons
  • No Outpost and all its fun (OK maybe that can go.........Na)
  • No GT suits
  • No TC-District. RIP harvesters.
  • No farms. This is just a sad thought. No more raising baby spiders.
  • No Dome.
  • No world bosses
  • No faction territory controls

There are other things too but here is a short list of all the things players have enjoyed since 2012 that if the game was reverted to pre 2011 they would lose.

Say NO to reverting to a game with less in it than before.

SAVE THE BABY SPIDERS!!!!!!

you should say that you are a player who has not tried or played the game in the years 2011 or 2012 and not even in 2013, so you lack experience to compare. It is clear that you are wrong in several points, since most of the points you state that there was not, there was in 2012, but good as I said above is for your lack of experience so I do not think you do it for lying .

what you could look at is this, it would help you to understand why "the game used to be more cool":  https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

July 2012:    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII  678.2 / 1,000 ( Average players / peak players)

April 2019:   IIIIIIIII                                                                                                                                   32.1/69  ( Average players / peak players)

Make mathematics and calculate, self-criticism is good and more when you have no experience of what you speak ..... LOL

Edit: stop writing on topics that you have no idea or that you have not played to give an opinion, since you can not talk about an experience that you have not lived.

Edited by Aroa Croft
Edit:
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

you should say that you are a player who has not tried or played the game in the years 2011 or 2012 and not even in 2013, so you lack experience to compare. It is clear that you are wrong in several points, since most of the points you state that there was not, there was in 2012, but good as I said above is for your lack of experience so I do not think you do it for lying .

what you could look at is this, it would help you to understand why "the game used to be more cool":  https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

July 2012:    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII  678.2 / 1,000 ( Average players / peak players)

April 2019:   IIIIIIIII                                                                                                                                   32.1/69  ( Average players / peak players)

Make mathematics and calculate, self-criticism is good and more when you have no experience of what you speak ..... LOL

Edit: stop writing on topics that you have no idea or that you have not played to give an opinion, since you can not talk about an experience that you have not lived.

You realise I stated facts? Facts that are easily looked up, can be verified and are true and correct. The list of items that would be removed is greater than just the sample I provided. To say that I lack experience because you deem I didn't play in a time that others have shows how little you know about how the world works. Experience of a wise person is gathered from many sources, learned from both the young and the old. A wise person listens to the views of others and bends them with their own. That wise person can be very young or at the other end of the spectrum, very old. They can be somewhere in between. They gain experience not only from the doing of a thing but from listening to the experiences and history of others. They learn, they listen, they adapt. While I do not consider myself wise, I am smart enough to listen to those that are. This is a skill you should try and learn as well.

So lets look at the time the Steam charts jumped in numbers and to their decline. When FE was placed on Steam one would expect an influx of players. Steam has a huge number of members so it is logical to see an increase when a game is newly introduced on Steam. Some found FE and tried it. Some stayed until they got bored, some left because they they found newer games that peaked their interest. Some left because they disagreed with how the game was changing or run. The decline in player base was consistent. It shows an influx of interest then a slow and progressive decline as people decided for themselves if FE was the game for them. There were small peaks in player base around the same time as some major updates implemented in 2014. One would consider this as being a majority of older players returning to check out the new updates to see if they found the game enjoyable again. They must not have as numbers quickly declined again. You cannot say from the numbers on Steam that all this decline in player base is due solely to the implementation of patches that in your opinion broke the game. This is not a fact. It a simple minded ideal to try and further your own opinion without any real data to back it up. The simple truth is FE was never a highly popular game. It never will be for it is not a game many enjoy. And that is OK because entertainment for a gamer is the the driving reason for us to play any game. For this a game must make us want to play it. For many, FE does not provide the enjoyment they desire.

This brings me back to my original point. By removing all content from late 2011 and beyond you remove the very mechanics and content that many players now enjoy.

You wish to revert to a previous version of the game that would not have these items, maps, PVE and PVP content. It would be a game less diverse than it is now. That is a fact. Not a mathematical equation drawn from Steam Charts. Not a graph of player numbers but a simple and undeniable fact. Removing core updates, removing essentially DLCs is reverting a game back to a smaller, less content filled game. Your options are reduced not enhanced.

And FYI just because my forum profile states I joined in 2014 does not actually mean that is when I started to play FE. Someone with actually experience with FE would know this. Now you too have been enlightened by another FE fact. You are welcome.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dracio said:

You realise I stated facts? Facts that are easily looked up, can be verified and are true and correct. The list of items that would be removed is greater than just the sample I provided. To say that I lack experience because you deem I didn't play in a time that others have shows how little you know about how the world works. Experience of a wise person is gathered from many sources, learned from both the young and the old. A wise person listens to the views of others and bends them with their own. That wise person can be very young or at the other end of the spectrum, very old. They can be somewhere in between. They gain experience not only from the doing of a thing but from listening to the experiences and history of others. They learn, they listen, they adapt. While I do not consider myself wise, I am smart enough to listen to those that are. This is a skill you should try and learn as well.

So lets look at the time the Steam charts jumped in numbers and to their decline. When FE was placed on Steam one would expect an influx of players. Steam has a huge number of members so it is logical to see an increase when a game is newly introduced on Steam. Some found FE and tried it. Some stayed until they got bored, some left because they they found newer games that peaked their interest. Some left because they disagreed with how the game was changing or run. The decline in player base was consistent. It shows an influx of interest then a slow and progressive decline as people decided for themselves if FE was the game for them. There were small peaks in player base around the same time as some major updates implemented in 2014. One would consider this as being a majority of older players returning to check out the new updates to see if they found the game enjoyable again. They must not have as numbers quickly declined again. You cannot say from the numbers on Steam that all this decline in player base is due solely to the implementation of patches that in your opinion broke the game. This is not a fact. It a simple minded ideal to try and further your own opinion without any real data to back it up. The simple truth is FE was never a highly popular game. It never will be for it is not a game many enjoy. And that is OK because entertainment for a gamer is the the driving reason for us to play any game. For this a game must make us want to play it. For many, FE does not provide the enjoyment they desire.

This brings me back to my original point. By removing all content from late 2011 and beyond you remove the very mechanics and content that many players now enjoy.

You wish to revert to a previous version of the game that would not have these items, maps, PVE and PVP content. It would be a game less diverse than it is now. That is a fact. Not a mathematical equation drawn from Steam Charts. Not a graph of player numbers but a simple and undeniable fact. Removing core updates, removing essentially DLCs is reverting a game back to a smaller, less content filled game. Your options are reduced not enhanced.

And FYI just because my forum profile states I joined in 2014 does not actually mean that is when I started to play FE. Someone with actually experience with FE would know this. Now you too have been enlightened by another FE fact. You are welcome.

blah blah blah, you keep saying nonsense. Your lack of experience gives you away.  

You can write a bible, but YOU have not played in 2011 or 2012 to give your "experience / opinion" about it. I laugh at everything you write; D

Version gores was 2,51, so pregores i think is best can be 2,50/ 2,49?

ALL this points was in 2012, so you " LIE". ( I hope Matt sees this, and see that the only thing you do is replicate me, for the joy of replicating without having any idea what you put, and worst of all ............ LYING to the community )

1 No Foothills PVP zone. RIP another PVP spot

2 No world bosses

3 No faction territory controls

4 Back to the original tutorial which was trimmed to help new players get into the game.

5 No multi sell/buyback. Everyone would have to sell items one at a time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

blah blah blah, you keep saying nonsense. Your lack of experience gives you away.  

You can write a bible, but YOU have not played in 2011 or 2012 to give your "experience / opinion" about it. I laugh at everything you write; D

Version gores was 2,51, so pregores i think is best can be 2,50/ 2,49?

ALL this points was in 2012, so you " LIE". ( I hope Matt sees this, and see that the only thing you do is replicate me, for the joy of replicating without having any idea what you put, and worst of all ............ LYING to the community )

1 No Foothills PVP zone. RIP another PVP spot

2 No world bosses

3 No faction territory controls

4 Back to the original tutorial which was trimmed to help new players get into the game.

5 No multi sell/buyback. Everyone would have to sell items one at a time.

As the original patch notes were on the old forums I had to do a little bit of digging to get my facts or 'LIES' as you call them. Everything I listed was posted as updates from Dec 2011 and onward. You cannot refute the facts when they are clearly placed in front of you Aroa. Your constant request to return the game to a previous version from 2011 will indeed remove all of the things I had listed and so much more from the game. You might laugh at me but the whole community is laughing at your appalling inability to understand nothing you say is remotely clever.

You can look it all up yourself here

Facts are facts my dear.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, Dracio said:

This really wouldn't be advisable in PVP areas where there are NPCs that attack you. Having the modifier to reduce damage to NPCs would just make you  dead a lot quicker. No one would use the faction armor when it would hinder PVP instead of helping it.

as i said i haven' done much pvp, hell much at all (only been here for a month), in FE. It's just an idea. How will you improve it, if it were to apply some buff/debuffs to pvp/pve armor to make factions matter?

Maybe if you only aply the faction friend/foe debuff to the pvp armor, taking out the monters dmg debuf? Annd how make faction armor be better for the players to be encouraged to farm all factionn reputation for crafting it...

Well, as i said, just and idea. May like you, may don't, opinions are like arses, we all have one 😎. But it is something moveable, adaptable, to others ideas... any?

Best Regards...

Edited by Sooney

A way to make faction armor better would to make the stats like the GT suits (for lvl55) but adding some buff that only each faction would have. For example giving a rifle damage boost to Enforcers a healing boost to Lightbearers. Something from the original lore of the game that only each individual faction has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dracio said:

A way to make faction armor better would to make the stats like the GT suits (for lvl55) but adding some buff that only each faction would have. For example giving a rifle damage boost to Enforcers a healing boost to Lightbearers. Something from the original lore of the game that only each individual faction has.

Now imagine if a new chapter of faction lore came into play with a central PVP war zone on a new sector, and these faction gears were released to trump GT gear with those benefits you listed, and then equated to a new max level: 60

Don't think we need player lvl 60. Too much would have to be changed to achieve this.

Just now, Dracio said:

Don't think we need player lvl 60. Too much would have to be changed to achieve this.

You're not wrong, was just a concept, however I would like weapons with mods like grenade belts, or a device like a 1 minute auto-turret deployed with a 10dmg per shot like a minigun, that could be destroyed but has a 10 min CD

Something like an attachable rifle launcher, or drum mags for pistols etc, that can create a new gun in entirety that is re-balanced to help out crafters with self defense, and add a cool touch to the game that encourages crafting and self-sufficiency for the cooler rewards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dracio said:

Played Borderlands? It might have what you want lol

I did honestly play SO much borderlands in high school but, not quite XD, ain't nothing quite like my FE