Sign in to follow this  
YumiSakura

Vanilla Settings vs. ADV Launcher and Configs. Advantage?

Just now, iTzHaze said:

There is clearly an advantage in doing it, if people who don't need it use it.

The only advantage is the one they think they're getting (which they're really not) in their head. Nothing more than a mental placebo. People playing CS:GO at 4:3 ratio on 600x800 resolution think they're getting an advantage because some pro from Ninjas in Pyjamas plays at that resolution. The more optimal advantage i could think they are getting, is the idea that having a completely plain and washed out game lets them spot enemies easier - only if they increase players textures to 1024 or higher, and have everything else at minimum. But again; it doesn't magically give them any skill they didn't already have. No silver is suddenly going to get to gold because of this "advantage".

Just because people do it, doesn't make it "clear" that it's an advantage. It makes it clear people are gullible and susceptible to stupidity. This is almost as stupid as the people who try to use the same aim-sensitivity in CS:GO as pro's do - and they genuinely believe it's giving them an advantage because it's the same sensitivity and DPI that a pro uses - and that mental belief that they're now better because they're using a pro's crosshair and aim-sensitivity subconsciously makes them play better. It's nothing more than mental placebo. A gimmick at best.

5 minutes ago, IAmDisappointSon said:

Also what kind of insult is "fuzzy bunny"?

Maybe because it's not an insult? I'm not trying to insult you.

Spin the conversation however you want; you accused me of lying because "X" and "Y" when i gain absolutely nothing from lying - so why would i bother? You're the one who needs to get his shit together if you think people are lying based solely on the fact that their information does not match yours.  I'm not here promoting Advanced Launcher, i don't get anything from it aside from a better looking game and better performance - and i decided to post a testimony.

This will be my last reply to you because the OP has requested it. Don't come into threads derailing and accusing people of shit that you have no backing for.

1 minute ago, ShadowXS said:

The more optimal advantage i could think they are getting, is the idea that having a completely plain and washed out game lets them spot enemies easier

This is one of the thing's that is a possibility in this scenario.

thank you.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I would say that while stable system performance isnt going to make you good, poor system performance can make you suck.

So I more see the adv launcher alleviating a problem rather  than giving an advantage.  

That make sense?

Fully understood, but however it could be considered an advantage over those who don't use it.

also thank you.

1 minute ago, iTzHaze said:

This is one of the thing's that is a possibility in this scenario.

thank you.

To be honest I only came to that conclusion from the screenshots you posted. And that would be the most advantageous aspect of playing the way they do, with those settings (RE: Your screenshots). But again, they would need to make their player textures settings to 1024 or higher, to pop out from the other washed-out textures, and from your screenshots i don't see that being the case. But yes, it's very possible to do that and gain a very slight advantage, I personally wouldn't sacrifice everything this game has to offer in terms of design and eye-candy just for something as inept as that though.

And no problem. Sorry for slightly derailing the thread a few posts prior, the guy randomly accused me of lying out of nowhere, so i was responding. But as per your request i won't respond to him anymore.

For me every time a player pulls out a True Ogre my game turns into a slideshow, will the advanced launcher do anything for that?

How about looking at it from another angle? With all the particles and smoking flying around in combat, it can really put a strain on us potato-users, I wouldn't say smoothing out FPS is an advantage as much as it is a levelling of the playing field. Unless the advanced launcher has a way of deleting walls or turning enemies in to bright red squares, tweaking the settings to PS2 era gfx doesn't look like it makes much of a difference competitively. 

6 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

To be honest I only came to that conclusion from the screenshots you posted. And that would be the most advantageous aspect of playing the way they do, with those settings (RE: Your screenshots). But again, they would need to make their player textures settings to 1024 or higher, to pop out from the other washed-out textures, and from your screenshots i don't see that being the case. But yes, it's very possible to do that and gain a very slight advantage, I personally wouldn't sacrifice everything this game has to offer in terms of design and eye-candy just for something as inept as that though.

And no problem. Sorry for slightly derailing the thread a few posts prior, the guy randomly accused me of lying out of nowhere, so i was responding. But as per your request i won't respond to him anymore.

not my screenshot's, as i said i dragged them from google as an example. but yes some people do actually do that.

I'd like to thank you all for your input, it's appreciated. i am pretty sure my questions have been answered by now.

@Lixil could you close this please? i think this thread has served it's purpose.

obviously low settings give an advantage when it comes to performance and visual. It's all about preferences.

Let me put it this way. Low config settings give enough of an advantage that if I was not recording video on APB at 4k/Max settings I would instantly drop down to potato config despite not having a toaster for a PC. Though despite this I wouldn't want to see the freedom to adjust the game and configs taken away.

Ofc yes.

You can add that shit to apb? Yes. Everyone has access to it in the game? No. Really simple.

Until everyone has access to it from the game then is an advantage.

Back when I had a laptop, setting the game to minimal settings always smoothed things out for me.  I have yet to compare with my current rig though...

2 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

Advanced Launcher allows you to make the game look great with actually good fps. If you need help with setting certain things to make the game look great and run great, I can help you out with what to use, what sliders to set, etc.

On Vanilla with everything off and set to the lowest settings, at 1920x1080, I was getting 20-22 fps. Game looked like shit and ran even worse than it looked.

With Advanced Launcher using my own custom settings, a LOT of stuff are off and set to minimum whilst things such as player textures, world textures, vehicle textures, weapon textures are all maxed out, and I'm getting 100+ fps usually, never dipping below 60 fps on intense scenes.

I really didn't think the Advanced Launcher would change APB much in terms of performance without making the game look like potato, but this game is so poorly optimised i decided to try it out and it's beyond amazing. I have no idea how it manages to do it, what it turns off to make the game jump from 20 fps to 100+ fps, while looking better than Vanilla. But it does it. 

And I don't have a state of the art PC either; I'm running a GTX 670, i5-4460, 8GB RAM. So mid-range let's say. And getting 100+ fps (60+ MINIMUM) on an extremely unoptimised game while making it look great. In fact, have a look for yourself and tell me what you think:

SYgrvnO.jpg

53IxnAh.jpg

The game looks better than in the screenshots as you can imagine, since the screenshots by shadowplay get compressed and get artificial loss, which you can see by the pixelation of the /FPS window on the right side of the screen; it's obviously nowhere near that blurry / pixelated, so it looks better but still decent in the screenshots i'd say, by my standards, taking into consideration it's a 8 year-old game, from 2010/2011.

Regarding resolutions, I want my game to look good and feel good, personally I don't care about some dodgy and questionable "advantage", no resolution will give you magical skill, you either have it or you don't. That's how i see it. And at 1080p the game looks great.

BTW: Please, if someone actually knows the forum name/profile on this new forum of the guy who made it, @ him for me, so I can personally thank him. I don't know how to find peoples profiles on this new forum! Thanks 😄

Toss them settings over this way. I'm tired of getting a stutter every two minutes with a 1080 ti and 8700k, I wanna give the launcher a shot.