Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

Matt, where are you?

On 4/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, ZoriaDunne said:

@MattScottare you still alive, is anyone working on the game?

Its been 5 months without an engine blog, I think its safe to say its been dumped. Either that or theyre doing something big like Hello Games did with NMS. Although Id say like a 0.51% chance of that being the case. If its any evidence, I literally only check into this forum once a month and every time I'm disappointed and nothing new has happened.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Thanks 1

they are more busy on fallen earth and there other game than apb reloaded. thats my thought

On 4/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Its been 5 months without an engine blog, I think its safe to say its been dumped. Either that or theyre doing something big like Hello Games did with NMS. Although Id say like a 0.51% chance of that being the case. If its any evidence, I literally only check into this forum once a month and every time I'm disappointed and nothing new has happened.

Highly doubt they are pulling a NMS. Especially since the Engine Upgrade got cancelled before they went silent. Could Matt be working on some form of content update, sure. But i wouldn't hold my breath on that new content saving APB.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fasalina said:

Highly doubt they are pulling a NMS. Especially since the Engine Upgrade got cancelled before they went silent. Could Matt be working on some form of content update, sure. But i wouldn't hold my breath on that new content saving APB.

I highly doubt its new content lmao. They promised that back in 2021 and didnt say a fuckin word after. Best guess is half the team or more just outright quit and theyre scrambling to find somone willing to work on this. Something tells me its along those lines.

• Like 2

They're going the way of CDPR. Total radio silence, then the possible relatively big announcement.

Who knows

15 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

I highly doubt its new content lmao. They promised that back in 2021 and didnt say a fuckin word after. Best guess is half the team or more just outright quit and theyre scrambling to find somone willing to work on this. Something tells me its along those lines.

Ocr12xQ.png

They only have 2 positions listed on the site makes sense they're looking for QA since they suck at game balance and they need QA for engine upgrade/1.3. Honestly they should just hire me for QA based on my forum posts to bad they don't do remote work.  

Even hes last tweet is from march 7th and is about Unsung story.10 weeks since roadmap and any news about apb.Have the feelin that this person just left couple of people(probably the same for all games)and hes just checkin them out from time to time.Hes income is comin from somewhere else and hes livin hes new life.I doubt theres gonna be any progression on apb ever.The fact that for 2-3 months we dont even have some footage or video from even social or asylum-bad sign.Most likely theres nothin done at all

30 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Honestly they should just hire me for QA based on my forum posts

The scary thing is I believe that you believe this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The scary thing is I believe that you believe this.

game design/balance isn't hard to understand nor is bug finding 

Edited by MonkaS
  • Like 1

Com on Game is Dead Close it. LO killed it

Edited by EVInezca

I really like this game, used to play it a lot back in the day. I wish G1 did it's job, but they didn't.
Then LO came over making new promises, and sadly everything went the same way than with G1, this game is unique, and it's a shame it's potential went to waste.

See you in another life APB.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 6:52 PM, MonkaS said:

game design/balance isn't hard to understand 

Yet, somehow, APB players cry whenever a single modification to the game's balance takes place.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, pesto said:

why they didn't upload the update news

Question remains though, what does this mean for Us?

What and When?

This has been like trying to get a dead horse to run a race, we've placed our bets and sat in the grandstands n watched them Kick n prod this poor horse, with the promise of a Pay-Off.

Lack of communicating with us has caused yet even more toxicity towards staff, distrust.

We or at least I, do not believe LO exists anymore due to lack of communication, and i'm not alone in thinking that a 

report of misconduct is useless because nobody works there to read it. 

I'm not basing that on in game acts or lack of bans on those reported, I'm basing it on lack of staff in forum n in game.

Leading me to believe that only volunteer players are the only ones doing anything in forum and game, lending to the idea that they cant afford paid staff, the servers been running real bad lately, so the assumption is that they are now using a bottom dollar server, and are spiraling out of business. 

We all know the story about the word Assume, but without any feedback from Staff. 

Merged.

19 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

APB players cry

Because what they call balance is literally the opposite.

Games already stacked to favor golds n sweatys n cheats, ya kill one n they come cry for a nerf, Oh thats too bucooo too OP.

Then you have to consider that they have no clue what they are doing, dont play the game, dont own any real guns. 

Like how they nerfed the vegas out of standing wheelies cuz trolls were using the nitro wheelie to flip cars n troll. 

So we dont go after the troll, we nerf the car n screw everyone else but the troll, who still can flip u without the wheelie.

Matt wherehore fart thou, hast thou forsaken thine trousers in perpetual disorientation?  Hoist aloft thy festering sacred cabbage upon thine pole, amassed within a sea of discombobulated gibbons, the maggots shall lead thee to sanctuary. The skies will darken with the wings of chickens, we shall feast upon spicy grease. The North will rise again, if not, I am mistaken my friend.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff
  • Like 1

Matt. is watching us and he will not gona say anything, right @MattScott ? The UE 3.5 is broken as hell and they are not able to access Epic Games UE3.5 source code, that's it!

A Moderator  from Unreal Engine company told me the issue with UE3.5 and G1 and im not gona  share any information about him. #thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, Fasalina said:

and why stay silent fo 4+ months? Why not show new stuff of this said new content?

3 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

Yet, somehow, APB players cry whenever a single modification to the game's balance takes place.

Honestly I can understand why apb has been at times fairly well balanced but because g1 would always add stuff without balancing it(some might argue they did this to boost sales of armas weapons) and lo keeps touching weapons that don't need any changes or they do the stupid 'fixes' like hvr 

13 hours ago, pesto said:

idk but i think here's why they didn't upload the update news or any update.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/little-orbit-descendent-studios-reach-130000700.html

No money to have stable servers, but somehow they have money to purchase the IP of another game? Where did that money come from?

Edited by BlatMan

2 hours ago, BlatMan said:

No money to have stable servers, but somehow they have money to purchase the IP of another game? Where did that money come from?

orbit says here (pg 21) they made over 700k net profit in 2021-ish

looks like they were already on the hook for money one way or another, but maybe orbit decided a settlement that included buying the game outright was cheaper than getting slapped with whatever descendant was asking for

Just waiting for the "APB is shutting down" forum post as next post Mattscott will do.

If things were going well, a simple post saying We are still working would be good.

The silence and absence of staff just confirms the development/investment stop on the game.

Sign in to follow this