Sign in to follow this  
Spillra

The current gunplay is shit

5 hours ago, heelruby said:

not even, game is 32 bit

u can try changing the gc interval a bit longer in config files but u'll crash everytime because the current interval is basically pushed to the limit of what the game can hold in memory (which is around 4GB for the whole game because 32 bit)

even tried running the game on a ramdisk thinking it'd lower the gc time (gc dumps ram back to disk, so technically from ram to ram should be pretty fast because ramdisk)... exactly the same as a sata ssd...

currently running on a pcie 4.0 nvme and it's still very much a problem

tho ur idea should work when they make the game 64 bit. technically that would mean the more ram u have, the longer the interval can be before u eventually make the game crash, but the longer it'll take for the gc to run (bigger freezes)

I understand it won't work now however it'll def work with upgrade to 64-bit that being said it should either happen after death (needs to take into account death timer since ppl with faster computers would just respawn quicker) or it should happen after a mission starts/ends.

6 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

it should either happen after death or it should happen after a mission starts/ends.

Is that even possible?

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Is that even possible?

why wouldn't it? pretty sure they already run a check to see if you are in a mission since you can't ready up again after a mission starts(I don't code but it should be a simple check to see if the player is flagged as being in a mission and you would run GC right after in_mission is set to true or 1 or whatever) and they def should know when you die since it needs to trigger a respawn timer.

17 hours ago, MonkaS said:

or just have it trigger after a mission starts/ends memory shouldn't fill up in the time it takes for a mission to end unless the game is just that unoptimized or like you said just after death but that'd make it so players with faster pc's would respawn quicker so might want to have some kind of tie to the time it takes to clear memory

Removing spawn waves would fix the fast spawning issue. They're kinda broken as is since you get to instant respawn when you die last.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Is that even possible?

The function is currently on a timer. Delay it until the player dies or is in a non combat situation.

Edited by BlatMan

On 4/7/2022 at 3:28 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i prefer that gameplay because not only can you kill and get killed fast, everyone you are playing against uses their brains to avoid dying so easily.

and I don't prefer ntec and oca everywhere

On 4/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, LilyRain said:

LOL

#BringBackOldOSMAW (No rev timer nor high alarm noise, just rocket)

so we can watch ppl insta kill themselves on cars ? ok im in

no not sarcastic im serious im in !!

sounds like a drunken kung fu night of fun to me lol

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, BlatMan said:

Removing spawn waves would fix the fast spawning issue. They're kinda broken as is since you get to instant respawn when you die last.

The function is currently on a timer. Delay it until the player dies or is in a non combat situation.

Spawn waves are nice, but they sadly do provide that issue.

You will never see instant weapons in APB. If you rely on full autos and explosions, you will never be good at this game.. Prime your nades and invest in a rifle that you CAN kill using the magazine provided.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:46 AM, BlatMan said:

When the servers are functional, the ttk is way too fast. Currently it's like your ghost shooting, but your ammo still gets used.

you must be from NA its not that the servers arent functional its that you are facing players who are not from NA, they are from Asia, South America and Austrailia.. this is why you feel like you are "ghost shooting" because they all have 200-300 ms latency.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:11 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

you must be from NA its not that the servers arent functional its that you are facing players who are not from NA, they are from Asia, South America and Austrailia.. this is why you feel like you are "ghost shooting" because they all have 200-300 ms latency.

yes and no you can test this by playing on an empty server you'll notice ttk is way faster and reg is better it still sucks tho cuz bad servers + sub 30 tickrate.

Edited by MonkaS

On 5/16/2022 at 12:11 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

It's the same even when playing against players within my area. We all have under 30ms latency.

I think the issue has to do with the way LO have the anti-ddos protection configured. They use Path.net. Their service supports Anycast Routing, which means you should be connecting to closest Path.net node. However, APB connects to the closest node to the APB server. If that node gets hit with a DDoS attack, there will be a noticeable lag spike for everyone. If it's bad enough players will disconnect instead of being moved to another node.

This is just speculation. I can't say where the issue is without access to the servers. It could be an ISP routing issue, but I doubt all ISPs have terrible routing to only APB servers. I did run ping plotter with icmp, udp, tcp, on random ports and they all had good latency to Path's nodes, and APB's /latencytest looks fine so it's something between path and the APB servers that is causing the problem.

Heck, with the amount of things G1 and LO broke and can't fix, who knows what they could have broke netcode wise.

why don't we ask frosi for this. maybe he can get matt scott to do another weapon balancing add on

In Citadel sometimes the chat is full of people complaining about lag, my car starts to drive itself, teleport about then I lose connection. I get lag and connection issues when using the slow free wifi but I've been using phone wifi that stays connected, still the game, mid mission becomes unplayable then kicks me back to sign in screen. Really irritating when on the last stage of a really long mission. What's more irritating is you play a half hour long mission and get shot 20 times to get a boom box or some other consumable you can buy a bunch of for spare change. I got two of them last night, sort out the rewards.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

In Citadel sometimes the chat is full of people complaining about lag, my car starts to drive itself, teleport about then I lose connection. I get lag and connection issues when using the slow free wifi but I've been using phone wifi that stays connected, still the game, mid mission becomes unplayable then kicks me back to sign in screen. Really irritating when on the last stage of a really long mission. What's more irritating is you play a half hour long mission and get shot 20 times to get a boom box or some other consumable you can buy a bunch of for spare change. I got two of them last night, sort out the rewards.

The consumables and joker tickets need to be separate rewards from the random rewards. Currently I cannot unlock all the symbols on one character because of it.

16 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

The consumables and joker tickets need to be separate rewards from the random rewards. Currently I cannot unlock all the symbols on one character because of it.

joker tickets have been separated from the random reward pool since 2020 (patch notes)

APB never had good gunplay, nor will it ever had good gunplay if they continue to follow Qwentle's path of balancing weapons and overall gameplay.

They managed to increase the TTK's of AR's to ~1.1s (as mentioned by a fellow forum member) by adding unnecessary bloom if one is looking for max accuracy (which isn't even accurate to begin with, if the crosshair gap is to be judged as a measurement of accuracy) and lower TTK if one wants to spray and pray (a way for silvers to outgun better players in fights, relying on RNG)

Why would they just not remove all bloom and stick to those values mentioned above? It would make the game feel 10x more fluid and it would feel rewarding to frag someone.

But, judging by the abandonment of the engine upgrade (the only thing which kept most people hoping for a better game, and the thing the devs relied on for so many years for their incompetence to handle things), the game will never make a comeback and die out slowly. I sure hope someone will take it's spot at some point in the future since I find APB has immense potential, in the BR-infested scene, to be a money making machine.

22 hours ago, glaciers said:

joker tickets have been separated from the random reward pool since 2020 (patch notes)

Must be broken because I'm not unlocking symbols. My first two characters have half the action district time as my newer ones, yet they both have all the symbol sheets unlocked.

Edited by BlatMan

5 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Must be broken because I'm not unlocking symbols.

afaik emotes and symbols are linked to specific contacts, so its possible to miss out if you don't run enough missions before moving on

the old apbdb site has a 'random rewards' tab on each contact that lists out the unlocks

Edited by glaciers
edit

Just now, glaciers said:

afaik emotes and symbols are linked to specific contacts, so its possible to miss out

the old apbdb site has a 'random rewards' tab on each contact that lists out the unlocks

I  know this. THEY DON'T UNLOCK

Edit: Whoops, looks like they turned off the swear filter.

Edited by BlatMan

I loved the weapon balance in 2011. All weapons were "op" so they all countered each other.

With a few exceptions that no one used like snr, pmg and nfa...

9 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Must be broken because I'm not unlocking symbols. My first two characters have half the action district time as my newer ones, yet they both have all the symbol sheets unlocked.

I can go a week without unlocking anything then get 2 in 1 day and another the day after. I'm only doing a few missions a day though, Im back to looting cash for my cop character to buy a growl, 80,000 to go, should take 2 days unless thieving twat gets in the way. It's far more irritating now to spend an hour looting when max rank with 10 million and the other fuzzy bunny in the room goes gets his cop and comes and witnesses me, shoots me dead in 1/10th of a second as quick as I can blink with his OP gun. It never used to bother me because I didn't need the money, was just levelling up. Really pissed me off last night

20 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I can go a week without unlocking anything then get 2 in 1 day and another the day after. I'm only doing a few missions a day though, Im back to looting cash for my cop character to buy a growl, 80,000 to go, should take 2 days unless thieving twat gets in the way. It's far more irritating now to spend an hour looting when max rank with 10 million and the other fuzzy bunny in the room goes gets his cop and comes and witnesses me, shoots me dead in 1/10th of a second as quick as I can blink with his OP gun. It never used to bother me because I didn't need the money, was just levelling up. Really pissed me off last night

Are you the guy who was raging in chat that you lost 2 hrs worth or ram raiding few days ago? 😄

My friend wanted to try and ram raid for half an hour to see what kind of $ you can make but got witnessed himself after 10 min lol

Edited by Weaboos

3 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Are you the guy who was raging in chat that you lost 2 hrs worth or ram raiding few days ago? 😄

My friend wanted to try and ram raid for half an hour to see what kind of $ you can make but got witnessed himself after 10 min lol

Friendly reminder that enforcers are SUPPOSED to witness ram raiders.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this