Sign in to follow this  
RCooper

Shield

30 minutes ago, glaciers said:

mobile cover isnt broken its just poorly designed and balanced, as you've pointed out every other destructible item that blocks bullets doesn't block explosions

such a change wouldn't render it useless, and shouldn't even affect the way you describe using the shield, it would only disadvantage those that use mobile cover as a panic button to cover their positioning mistakes

Every other cover in the game doesn't block grenades and it's a -stupid oversight-. However, It's likely that this is because all cover has holes and the like -underneath- it,, or are in some ways identified as -non-existent- as cover by the system because it's meant to be destroyed. That doesn't mean mobile cover should be useless too, especially when you can -litterally throw a grenade behind it- or -run it over-.

Using grenades properly and aiming them would fix the issue without nerfing something that doesn't need nerfed. And panic button people with it can still have a few shots hit their feet before the cover fully deploys. All you'd really be doing is hurting legitimate usage of it because you don't feel like using grenades the proper way. If you want grenades to do something to it, then aim the grenade beside it instead of calling for it to be nerfed because you just want to throw a grenade at the front of the thing >.>.

I've countered soooooo many mobile covers because I drop a grenade beside it rather than hitting the front of it. The fact that this basic concept evades people is nuts. The ONLY time you want to hit the front with a grenade, is to conc it, and that's "only" if you're aiming at destroying the cover, instead of killing the person.

Next time you encounter them, start popping grenades beside it, and learn to throw them accurately based on distance. You'll see that mobile cover is easily negated and it's only a massive roadblock if you haven't bothered to put in marginal effort to counter it. Because it's really bloody easy.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

14 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Every other cover in the game doesn't block grenades and it's a -stupid oversight-. However, It's likely that this is because all cover has holes and the like -underneath- it,, or are in some ways identified as -non-existent- as cover by the system because it's meant to be destroyed. That doesn't mean mobile cover should be useless too, especially when you can -litterally throw a grenade behind it- or -run it over-.

Using grenades properly and aiming them would fix the issue without nerfing something that doesn't need nerfed. And panic button people with it can still have a few shots hit their feet before the cover fully deploys. All you'd really be doing is hurting legitimate usage of it because you don't feel like using grenades the proper way. If you want grenades to do something to it, then aim the grenade beside it instead of calling for it to be nerfed because you just want to throw a grenade at the front of the thing >.>.

I've countered soooooo many mobile covers because I drop a grenade beside it rather than hitting the front of it. The fact that this basic concept evades people is nuts. The ONLY time you want to hit the front with a grenade, is to conc it, and that's "only" if you're aiming at destroying the cover, instead of killing the person.

Next time you encounter them, start popping grenades beside it, and learn to throw them accurately based on distance. You'll see that mobile cover is easily negated and it's only a massive roadblock if you haven't bothered to put in marginal effort to counter it. Because it's really bloody easy.

its a bit silly to claim mechanics you dislike are oversights, especially in this case where there seems to be a clear design pattern to prevent perfect directional cover - vehicles, props, and even environmental cover have all had steps taken to ensure that there's a downside to their benefits as cover

"legitimate" usage is unaffected because "legitimate" usage isnt dependent on abusing the shield to tank grenades, explosive damage is only a risk to someone who can't move away from the shield after they panic deployed it and have nowhere else to go

i dont have any issues countering mobile cover, i just wouldnt mind if most panic button users were forced to think before they use one of the laziest mechanics in apb

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

its a bit silly to claim mechanics you dislike are oversights, especially in this case where there seems to be a clear design pattern to prevent perfect directional cover - vehicles, props, and even environmental cover have all had steps taken to ensure that there's a downside to their benefits as cover

Not really. If you noticed, the only things that provide explosive cover in game, is any "cover" that is built into the map itself which covers the entire hitbox. Even balconies don't protect from grenades -unless- they're the concrete ones. It's likely got to do with how the props are placed and made more than anything.  It's a shame certain props don't actually provide any form of explosive cover, because the game would probably be somewhat better for it. To be fair, there have been a number of -issues- in APB that were "looked over" or "ignored" for years. Oversight or not, it's one of the few things that probably get new players killed over and over again unto leaving at this point. I've seen it time and time again in games.  [dies] "I WAS BEHIND COVER" over and over [leaves game]. They should really make a loading screen explaining it at this point. Because it's the least obvious thing that will get you consistently killed otherwise. Even if it's only "garbage cans" that act as it, it'd be better than currently.

"legitimate" usage is unaffected because "legitimate" usage isnt dependent on abusing the shield to tank grenades, explosive damage is only a risk to someone who can't move away from the shield after they panic deployed it and have nowhere else to go

I legit use mobile cover to tank explosive damage and grenades without needing to panic deploy it. Panic deploy occurs when you're being shot and you use it. That doesn't mean you should be able to -perc- thru it because you're salty at a panic deploy. (Panic perc is worse than panic deploy anyways)

I'll set up cover next to a corner before a combat and run behind it as grenades are coming and be ready for a push as grenades are getting thrown in, or to drop it as a rocket comes my way, or drop it so i'm protected from at least 1 opgl blast while im in a corner. Gameplay like that shouldn't be punished just because you're salty that you can't shoot people because they use it.

i dont have any issues countering mobile cover, i just wouldnt mind if most panic button users were forced to think before they use one of the laziest mechanics in apb

There's legitimate uses of mobile cover that without the benefit of protecting from grenades, would drop it immediately to being -unused-. It's bad enough they made it a character mod, instead of leaving it as a consumable.

You make it so explosives go through it, the only people who will use it are newbies who will quickly figure out why it's garbage and throw it to the bin of never used mods. Who cares if it protects from bullets, you have even some high ground and you can shoot over it, you can throw grenades next to it or fuse it over, and either kill the person with it, or kill em as they get up to run. As you know there's plenty of ways to kill the people using it. If grenades go through it, there's no reason to use it because it won't be useful, and even now it's only situationally useful. But i guess that's your intent.

4 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Why are they here to stay? It doesn't take a genius to see they've had a negative impact on the game and it can't be that hard to remove them.

I've seen them as nothing but a net positive for the game.

Need cover to defend a spot in the open but don't want to get shot under via vehicle or hope an enemy doesn't use x flank? -Mobile cover-

Spawn alone as VIP and getting pushed by 4 vegas's? -Epiphrene

Get hit hard while using flak or kevlar? -Med spray

Need ammo but want to use a less optimal mod than resupply? -Ammo box-

They've done nothing to severely negatively impact the game. They've actually improved it.

Meanwhile, mods like mobile spawn (seriously htf is 35m considered "balanced") and glitches like the medium item jump/movement exploit have never been fixed/balanced properly and consistently have reduced the quality of matches; and missions like Mojang money for some reason -still exist-. There's plenty of other reasons with much higher -negative impact-. But yes, lets blame something that gives -players options- for survival as a negative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we stop pretending that most mods and consumables, aren't bandaids to alleviate actual in-game issues? Like how there's no real meaningful cover (mobile cover/epiphrene), how CA in some form is almost necessary (med spray), how having an ammo box 24/7 is exceedingly important (resups), how the spawn system is broken so they made a mod to alleviate that fact, but left it broken as well (Car Spawner), or being left to spawn alone and die over and over again due to vegas pushing on spawn (epiphrene)?

Hell, they probably only added consumable ammo boxes, because everyone STOPPED using car ammo boxes, because mobile respawns became almost -necessary- and wanted people to use other mods than -resupply-.

If they can tackle the base issues, then consumables won't be as necessary. However, since those issues are litterally -at the core- of APB, they thankfully won't be removed.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/20/2022 at 6:24 PM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I have never used one, they were such rare mission rewards I decided to save them up until I know what to do with them or where to use them, still never used one.

Never get out of the car. -Skeeter, interstate 76.

Shield is not a consumable anymore it is an orange mod

10 hours ago, Crunk said:

OP hasn't met me in-game lol shield+ well timed epinephrine = houdini'd

I play EU,sounds fun though lol

Merged.

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

snip

Car spawner is broken but you can see the car spawner in the map,u can also use a car spawner ur enemies has as ur advantange because you know they are gonna try to spawn there. But consumables and the shield are just stupid mechanics to save your patootie when you should be dead.Ur enemy cant use consumables or shield to his advantange they dont have a flaw/penalty by using them like other cheesy strategies like remote car detonator,car spawner is  already super broken to you .Now u can car spawn and in top of that use epherine injection,ur car spawner was in a bad position,car blew up but had high burn fuel,no worries u have a new cover called shield and if u are low in health just use med spray and u are full health and in cover in no time.

Like glaciers already said here,u think u are a pmg god and push something u shouldn't have pushed,just pop a shield and medspray and u are ready for round 2 or pop a shield and and use epherine injector and you are out of the situation in no time.

Add that to the fact that people love to put, thanks to the shield the suitcase in the final stage in inaccesible places.

U can nade someone behind a shield,but they can use medspray and it was like u didn't hit him with nothing

Personally for me shield + consumables is like a more refine car remote detonator with less downsides.

They are just bandaids players use to fix bad decisions they made

I can't use cover half the time anyway, I keep teleporting out of it and getting shot. I try to stand behind a tree, he teleports to the left of it, I move back behind it and teleport to the right of it then die.

17 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Not really. If you noticed, the only things that provide explosive cover in game, is any "cover" that is built into the map itself which covers the entire hitbox. Even balconies don't protect from grenades -unless- they're the concrete ones. It's likely got to do with how the props are placed and made more than anything.  It's a shame certain props don't actually provide any form of explosive cover, because the game would probably be somewhat better for it. To be fair, there have been a number of -issues- in APB that were "looked over" or "ignored" for years. Oversight or not, it's one of the few things that probably get new players killed over and over again unto leaving at this point. I've seen it time and time again in games.  [dies] "I WAS BEHIND COVER" over and over [leaves game]. They should really make a loading screen explaining it at this point. Because it's the least obvious thing that will get you consistently killed otherwise. Even if it's only "garbage cans" that act as it, it'd be better than currently.

I legit use mobile cover to tank explosive damage and grenades without needing to panic deploy it. Panic deploy occurs when you're being shot and you use it. That doesn't mean you should be able to -perc- thru it because you're salty at a panic deploy. (Panic perc is worse than panic deploy anyways)

I'll set up cover next to a corner before a combat and run behind it as grenades are coming and be ready for a push as grenades are getting thrown in, or to drop it as a rocket comes my way, or drop it so i'm protected from at least 1 opgl blast while im in a corner. Gameplay like that shouldn't be punished just because you're salty that you can't shoot people because they use it.

There's legitimate uses of mobile cover that without the benefit of protecting from grenades, would drop it immediately to being -unused-. It's bad enough they made it a character mod, instead of leaving it as a consumable.

You make it so explosives go through it, the only people who will use it are newbies who will quickly figure out why it's garbage and throw it to the bin of never used mods. Who cares if it protects from bullets, you have even some high ground and you can shoot over it, you can throw grenades next to it or fuse it over, and either kill the person with it, or kill em as they get up to run. As you know there's plenty of ways to kill the people using it. If grenades go through it, there's no reason to use it because it won't be useful, and even now it's only situationally useful. But i guess that's your intent.

I've seen them as nothing but a net positive for the game.

Need cover to defend a spot in the open but don't want to get shot under via vehicle or hope an enemy doesn't use x flank? -Mobile cover-

Spawn alone as VIP and getting pushed by 4 vegas's? -Epiphrene

Get hit hard while using flak or kevlar? -Med spray

Need ammo but want to use a less optimal mod than resupply? -Ammo box-

They've done nothing to severely negatively impact the game. They've actually improved it.

Meanwhile, mods like mobile spawn (seriously htf is 35m considered "balanced") and glitches like the medium item jump/movement exploit have never been fixed/balanced properly and consistently have reduced the quality of matches; and missions like Mojang money for some reason -still exist-. There's plenty of other reasons with much higher -negative impact-. But yes, lets blame something that gives -players options- for survival as a negative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we stop pretending that most mods and consumables, aren't bandaids to alleviate actual in-game issues? Like how there's no real meaningful cover (mobile cover/epiphrene), how CA in some form is almost necessary (med spray), how having an ammo box 24/7 is exceedingly important (resups), how the spawn system is broken so they made a mod to alleviate that fact, but left it broken as well (Car Spawner), or being left to spawn alone and die over and over again due to vegas pushing on spawn (epiphrene)?

Hell, they probably only added consumable ammo boxes, because everyone STOPPED using car ammo boxes, because mobile respawns became almost -necessary- and wanted people to use other mods than -resupply-.

If they can tackle the base issues, then consumables won't be as necessary. However, since those issues are litterally -at the core- of APB, they thankfully won't be removed.

Every single consumable has negatively impacted the game they were designed for the players that make mistakes and don't want to be negatively impacted by a mistake or as a bandaid to fix a greater issue. Med spray = players have the choice of when they want to start regening health thats broken af. Epinephrine and mobile cover are just a bandaid for the lack of cover on maps like waterfront much like car spawn is a bandaid for the shit spawns apb has. Overall its just lazy game design and should be removed. 

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Every single consumable has negatively impacted the game they were designed for the players that make mistakes and don't want to be negatively impacted by a mistake or as a bandaid to fix a greater issue. Med spray = players have the choice of when they want to start regening health thats broken af. Epinephrine and mobile cover are just a bandaid for the lack of cover on maps like waterfront much like car spawn is a bandaid for the shit spawns apb has. Overall its just lazy game design and should be removed. 

Oh no, you can't start health regen faster! -laughs in clotting agent 3-

Oh no, You can't be allowed to MOVE THAT FAST! -Charges them with a vegas on spawn as they run into a building.

OH NO YOU CANT HAVE COVER! -looks at the shit cover system and thinks that removing one of the only good things in APB is a -good idea-.

Half the stuff wasn't even lazy game design.

If you know the game needs cover, you give them more.

If you know that mobility is necessary in the game, you give more

If you know that healing is important, you give more ways to heal

If spawning is important, you make it better/easier

Yeah, it's also a bandaid for game issues. But all of them are much better than not having them. The game became better with their addition. Not worse. Just because you want to be a saltymctwo shoes, doesn't mean the game should change because you don't want to.

Every game just about has some form of healing, mobility, and added cover system. The fact that APB's is considered "wrong" (it only took what, 5 years?) because players can't get over themselves is sad.

18 hours ago, RCooper said:

Car spawner is broken but you can see the car spawner in the map,u can also use a car spawner ur enemies has as ur advantange because you know they are gonna try to spawn there. But consumables and the shield are just stupid mechanics to save your patootie when you should be dead.Ur enemy cant use consumables or shield to his advantange they dont have a flaw/penalty by using them like other cheesy strategies like remote car detonator,car spawner is  already super broken to you .Now u can car spawn and in top of that use epherine injection,ur car spawner was in a bad position,car blew up but had high burn fuel,no worries u have a new cover called shield and if u are low in health just use med spray and u are full health and in cover in no time.

Like glaciers already said here,u think u are a pmg god and push something u shouldn't have pushed,just pop a shield and medspray and u are ready for round 2 or pop a shield and and use epherine injector and you are out of the situation in no time.

Add that to the fact that people love to put, thanks to the shield the suitcase in the final stage in inaccesible places.

U can nade someone behind a shield,but they can use medspray and it was like u didn't hit him with nothing

Personally for me shield + consumables is like a more refine car remote detonator with less downsides.

They are just bandaids players use to fix bad decisions they made

Consumables are balanced for one, and are decent mechanics.

All players have consumables and have the choice to use them, and which one they want. The problem is you believe you're -entitled- to the kill that was "denied". The reality is you deserve nothing except that which you have earned. So instead of crying about not killing someone, get good and actually do so.

Shields can be picked up by allies and enemies and moved. You can pick up shields at the top of ladders and drop them down as you fall. A single conc, destroys a shield. Shields are easily countered, and negated with minimal common sense. If you haven't figured out how to counter them in 4 years, that's your problem not the game companies.

If medspray is the issue, then just nade and charge the guy, or flank them. If you know where the cover is, it shouldn't be an issue to counter it effectively. I've NEVER had issues countering mobile cover. A frag still does 750 damage, who cares if they healed up a bit, they're now 1-3 bullets to kill again. The fact that you're -thinking- it's an issue is the whole reason you're struggling to counter them.

Epiphrene is an -extreme- risk. You lose half the life you have to use it. If your team has a sniper or shotgun in range that's a -free- kill. NTEC? STAR? Almost ANYTHING will kill him easily if you aim (no really, 1-3 bullets is litterally all it will ever take). Maybe your hate for epiphrene then is the fact that he -got away- on low life, and you hate yourself for letting it happen. So you want it nerfed instead. Makes sense to me.

The bandaids, aren't there to fix bad decisions. They are there to alleviate in-game problems that are -worse- to deal with that can't be easily fixed and negatively effected gameplay -for a long time-. As well as provide a useful and sometimes -fun- tool for the user.

Consumables are here to stay. I'd advise you to learn how to deal with it.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Oh no, you can't start health regen faster! -laughs in clotting agent 3-

Oh no, You can't be allowed to MOVE THAT FAST! -Charges them with a vegas on spawn as they run into a building.

OH NO YOU CANT HAVE COVER! -looks at the shit cover system and thinks that removing one of the only good things in APB is a -good idea-.

Half the stuff wasn't even lazy game design.

If you know the game needs cover, you give them more.

If you know that mobility is necessary in the game, you give more

If you know that healing is important, you give more ways to heal

If spawning is important, you make it better/easier

Yeah, it's also a bandaid for game issues. But all of them are much better than not having them. The game became better with their addition. Not worse. Just because you want to be a saltymctwo shoes, doesn't mean the game should change because you don't want to.

Every game just about has some form of healing, mobility, and added cover system. The fact that APB's is considered "wrong" (it only took what, 5 years?) because players can't get over themselves is sad.

Consumables are balanced for one, and are decent mechanics.

All players have consumables and have the choice to use them, and which one they want. The problem is you believe you're -entitled- to the kill that was "denied". The reality is you deserve nothing except that which you have earned. So instead of crying about not killing someone, get good and actually do so.

Shields can be picked up by allies and enemies and moved. You can pick up shields at the top of ladders and drop them down as you fall. A single conc, destroys a shield. Shields are easily countered, and negated with minimal common sense. If you haven't figured out how to counter them in 4 years, that's your problem not the game companies.

If medspray is the issue, then just nade and charge the guy, or flank them. If you know where the cover is, it shouldn't be an issue to counter it effectively. I've NEVER had issues countering mobile cover. A frag still does 750 damage, who cares if they healed up a bit, they're now 1-3 bullets to kill again. The fact that you're -thinking- it's an issue is the whole reason you're struggling to counter them.

Epiphrene is an -extreme- risk. You lose half the life you have to use it. If your team has a sniper or shotgun in range that's a -free- kill. NTEC? STAR? Almost ANYTHING will kill him easily if you aim (no really, 1-3 bullets is litterally all it will ever take). Maybe your hate for epiphrene then is the fact that he -got away- on low life, and you hate yourself for letting it happen. So you want it nerfed instead. Makes sense to me.

The bandaids, aren't there to fix bad decisions. They are there to alleviate in-game problems that are -worse- to deal with that can't be easily fixed and negatively effected gameplay -for a long time-. As well as provide a useful and sometimes -fun- tool for the user.

Consumables are here to stay. I'd advise you to learn how to deal with it.

tl;dr. Giving players control over when they start there health regen with just the push of a button is broken no amount of balancing will fix that and as you've said the game lacks cover in many areas however giving players a means to mitigate something that shouldn't even be an issue is stupid just fix whats already there and stop adding stuff to the game its just dumb and makes the game run worse with every patch.

Edited by MonkaS

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

tl;dr. Giving players control over when they start there health regen with just the push of a button is broken no amount of balancing will fix that and as you've said the game lacks cover in many areas however giving players a means to mitigate something that shouldn't even be an issue is stupid just fix whats already there and stop adding stuff to the game its just dumb and makes the game run worse with every patch.

and yet without patches and updates, the game will never -improve-.

CA3 starts health regen at .7s or so. That's about as fast as most people's reaction (probably faster) to start recovery using med spray. Med spray is also AOE.

If you hate it so much, start using it. It's not even a cheap tactic like perc spam is.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

and yet without patches and updates, the game will never -improve-.

CA3 starts health regen at .7s or so. That's about as fast as most people's reaction (probably faster) to start recovery using med spray. Med spray is also AOE.

If you hate it so much, start using it and shut up. It's not even a cheap tactic like perc spam is.

Have you ever played a competitive game in your life? Do you understand that every time you add a new feature or mechanic they need to be balanced to fit properly in the game or were you the kid who tried to put the square block in the round hole? Consumables are random rewards no one except no life's use them constantly and when they are used like that they are broken. Med spray as I've already stated allows one to decide exactly when they want to start there regen if you don't think giving players control over the exact moment they want to start there health regen is broken than I'm never going to convince you.

15 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Have you ever played a competitive game in your life? Do you understand that every time you add a new feature or mechanic they need to be balanced to fit properly in the game or were you the kid who tried to put the square block in the round hole? Consumables are random rewards no one except no life's use them constantly and when they are used like that they are broken. Med spray as I've already stated allows one to decide exactly when they want to start there regen if you don't think giving players control over the exact moment they want to start there health regen is broken than I'm never going to convince you.

I've played plenty of competitive games, and APB is -NOT- a "competitive" game. However, you are right that every mechanic needs to be thought out and deliberate in balancing.

Med spray is NOT broken. You begin regen in -under- 1 second with CA3, its like -8- with CA2. It's used primarily in situations where you have -cover- and can use it to heal up some. It's doing exactly what it was intended to do. On top of needing grinded for to have any large amount of any consumable, it can also regen "enemies and allies" alike if within range. Regen stops upon taking -any- damage. They could increase that range to 7-10m and it still be "fine" but i think that's a bit far.

You're right, you're never going to convince me because I played years against it and have never found it a massive issue. In fact, I DONT EVEN USE IT, because I find epiphrene, radio, and mobile cover/ammobox -more useful- than med spray! Why? Because they compliment my playstyle more than medspray!

Someone uses medspray and I go -woop, time to tag em real fast/push or grenade again-. I don't go "omg that scrub he's using med spray -insert unintelligible rage here-. Why? Because i've already adapted to countering the thing to the point that it's a non-issue to me.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/21/2022 at 11:34 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

its pretty intuitive that anything that can be shot through/under or destroyed won't block explosions, consistency is a significant portion of how new players learn mechanics and mobile cover bucks the established trend

im not salty about mobile cover, i just dont think its well designed

you've managed to list a single example of use that wasn't a reactionary button press and i think mechanics like that should be discouraged because it has a negative effect on gameplay - being able to no sell a majority of weapons with such a low skill requirement should have more significant downsides

i'd have no issue with mobile cover moving back into the consumable slot again, aside from it being moved away because of a technical issue

its definitely not most mods, mobile spawn and car surfer at the most

bandaids are fine as long as they're properly implemented, but consumables aren't properly implemented imo - they're another disadvantage for new players, most of them have downsides that don't affect how they're used in game, the others are too niche to choose over the ones with no effective downsides, and they've allowed for exploit after exploit

15 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I've played plenty of competitive games, and APB is -NOT- a "competitive" game. However, you are right that every mechanic needs to be thought out and deliberate in balancing.

Med spray is NOT broken. You begin regen in -under- 1 second with CA3, its like -8- with CA2. It's used primarily in situations where you have -cover- and can use it to heal up some. It's doing exactly what it was intended to do. On top of needing grinded for to have any large amount of any consumable, it can also regen "enemies and allies" alike if within range. Regen stops upon taking -any- damage. They could increase that range to 7-10m and it still be "fine" but i think that's a bit far.

You're right, you're never going to convince me because I played years against it and have never found it a massive issue. In fact, I DONT EVEN USE IT, because I find epiphrene, radio, and mobile cover/ammobox -more useful- than med spray! Why? Because they compliment my playstyle more than medspray!

Someone uses medspray and I go -woop, time to tag em real fast/push or grenade again-. I don't go "omg that scrub he's using med spray -insert unintelligible rage here-. Why? Because i've already adapted to countering the thing to the point that it's a non-issue to me.

Yes CA speeds up the regen time however its predictable the enemy knows when you start regening it doesn't give players the ability to control when they start regening point being it gives players way to much control. Not to mention the reason we have such shit cover is because apb was originally designed for a slower ttk the cover issue(also slow climbing/door kicking animation) wouldn't be nearly as impactful if the ttk was just increased slightly would make it so shield and epinephrine aren't needed as bandaid.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:28 AM, glaciers said:

i'd have no issue with mobile cover moving back into the consumable slot again, aside from it being moved away because of a technical issue

its definitely not most mods, mobile spawn and car surfer at the most

bandaids are fine as long as they're properly implemented, but consumables aren't properly implemented imo - they're another disadvantage for new players, most of them have downsides that don't affect how they're used in game, the others are too niche to choose over the ones with no effective downsides, and they've allowed for exploit after exploit

I'm fine with it being back as a consumable honestly, that change irked me because it made no sense. (i loved ammo box and mobile cover)

Every mod or thing that has been added has been a "disadvantage" for new players. You can't balance the game around that fact sadly. I Like a number of the downsides for the consumables, though i do hate how fast I go through them. I'd be fine with turning them all into a -yellow mod- instead taking the same place and not being consumed.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:39 PM, MonkaS said:

Yes CA speeds up the regen time however its predictable the enemy knows when you start regening it doesn't give players the ability to control when they start regening point being it gives players way to much control. Not to mention the reason we have such shit cover is because apb was originally designed for a slower ttk the cover issue(also slow climbing/door kicking animation) wouldn't be nearly as impactful if the ttk was just increased slightly would make it so shield and epinephrine aren't needed as bandaid.

G1 seems to have intentionally screwed up the previous High TTK test districts and the like to get people to stick with the current standard and shut up about wanting the higher ttk back. We had that chance at least but it was kinda botched from the start.

The door kicking needs adjusted to kick at an angle, or let explosives open up doors. (cool new consumable maybe? LEL)

Ladder wise, they've always been a pain even in 2011/2012. Best thing to do with them is to prenade and push it, or get an opgl. Though most people cant be bothered with the gl. I don't see any real fix on the cover until the "upgrade". G1 had originally planned map changes once it came through but it all fell apart. So hopefully we get lucky reworks.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

snip

It is not like I have problems with every shield user,but yeah i understand your point, they are not as OP as i thought they were (except epherine injection it takes 25% of ur health not 50%)

but this is not a thread about epherine injection,but it can be resume on how versatile this consumable is.To be honest i have learn a lot thanks to this thread that is why i made it in the first place xd,becuase i knew that people countered the shield + medspray i was struggling with against people that are really good at using it.Still i think they are cheesy and annoying becuase consumables in my opinion are mean to be used in a pinch,not in every interaction i have with a person,i feel consumables are in a way how remote detonator users used to play when the mod had no cooldown basically spamming it ,with gets annoying real quick,just increasing the cooldown will be ok for me.

The good thing about consumables is that are expensive so it force people to spend some money(veterans) but for newbies/less experienced players they are definitely too expensive but these players dont use them anyway so idk

18 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Every mod or thing that has been added has been a "disadvantage" for new players. You can't balance the game around that fact sadly. I Like a number of the downsides for the consumables, though i do hate how fast I go through them. I'd be fine with turning them all into a -yellow mod- instead taking the same place and not being consumed.

the game can absolutely be balanced to minimize new player disadvantage, like moving consumables to a separate reward pool and allowing players to choose which consumable they receive

consumable downsides suck, of the few that actually have one to begin with resupply box has the only downside that regularly affects use

the game can absolutely be balanced to minimize new player disadvantage, like moving consumables to a separate reward pool and allowing players to choose which consumable they receive

consumable downsides suck, of the few that actually have one to begin with resupply box has the only downside that regularly affects use

I mean, i've killed a lot of people because they decided to epiphrene as well. And Radio is fun to trick skilled opp with, as really rushy ones will push it if used right. I'd be fine with consumable choice tho. I always found it annoying to go through like 50 of one, in a weekend or so,  and only gain a handful back

Edited by Noob_Guardian

19 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, i've killed a lot of people because they decided to epiphrene as well. And Radio is fun to trick skilled opp with, as really rushy ones will push it if used right. I'd be fine with consumable choice tho. I always found it annoying to go through like 50 of one, in a weekend or so,  and only gain a handful back

No skilled opp falls for the radio(hint it doesn't make any shooty noise) and rarely do I kill players who use epinephrine since hit-reg on an already desync'ing hitbo-rx(trash servers with trash tick-rate and players with trash connection) is exacerbated by the speed increase unless they try to use it at its max useful distance which no skilled opp would try and pull.

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

No skilled opp falls for the radio(hint it doesn't make any shooty noise) and rarely do I kill players who use epinephrine since hit-reg on an already desync'ing hitbo-rx(trash servers with trash tick-rate and players with trash connection) is exacerbated by the speed increase unless they try to use it at its max useful distance which no skilled opp would try and pull.

Oh trust me, I've made a LOT of veteran and high skilled gold players go for the radio box. Also, It works because all it takes is a single bullet to show up on hud, so a single sound that sounds like a gunshot or is silent (for those who go off hud like me) also works. Some people if they don't realize that it wasn't you who shot  (out of game player) or that anyone shot, they'll still investigate because it's a red triangle, and if you turn it off after 6/7 seconds. They'll not know it wasn't a player without investigating and actually -think- someone was there. It's very important to use it silent and have the time cut-off correct. Because if it is, then people will fall for it, at least once.

Dunno what you mean about max useful distance. I've used epi to push from spawn on things to get away from gun fights, to push a flank faster/cross the road before an enemy can push the following corner and get a clear shot at me on the road.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Oh trust me, I've made a LOT of veteran and high skilled gold players go for the radio box. Also, It works because all it takes is a single bullet to show up on hud, so a single sound that sounds like a gunshot or is silent (for those who go off hud like me) also works. Some people if they don't realize that it wasn't you who shot  (out of game player) or that anyone shot, they'll still investigate because it's a red triangle, and if you turn it off after 6/7 seconds. They'll not know it wasn't a player without investigating and actually -think- someone was there. It's very important to use it silent and have the time cut-off correct. Because if it is, then people will fall for it, at least once.

Dunno what you mean about max useful distance. I've used epi to push from spawn on things to get away from gun fights, to push a flank faster/cross the road before an enemy can push the following corner and get a clear shot at me on the road.

max distance as in the max distance you can cover with epinephrine effects once the hitbox stops desync'ing as much and they go back to there original speed 

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

max distance as in the max distance you can cover with epinephrine effects once the hitbox stops desync'ing as much and they go back to there original speed 

Oh see, I legit use epipen and -run- max distance with it all the time for various reasons. Sure it's useful to get away -sometimes-. But I prefer using it for pushing/rushes/spawning much more haha

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Oh see, I legit use epipen and -run- max distance with it all the time for various reasons. Sure it's useful to get away -sometimes-. But I prefer using it for pushing/rushes/spawning much more haha

I might start using it, I like running fast, I use fragile a lot of the time. I like to run up on them and surprise them. Sometimes I even manage to shoot them.

I am gonna tell you a trade secret. Keeping someone locked down behind a shield is arguably better for the mission than just making them respawn. Unless of course you only care about the scoreboard, but you wouldn't do that now would you.

• Like 1

i didn't read the full treath and all the topics just reacting to first forum post of this topic. - 

look at car gameplay... - if a person is playing with his car and tries to kill someone in the open . than that person who is in the open can use a shield. couse the other person has a car in use. - i think the shield on consumable was fine. but now they can survive cargameplay becous of the medspray and i think thats also fine. 

Edited by TzickyT

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i didn't read the full treath and all the topics just reacting to first forum post of this topic. - 

look at car gameplay... - if a person is playing with his car and tries to kill someone in the open . than that person who is in the open can use a shield. couse the other person has a car in use. - i think the shield on consumable was fine. but now they can survive cargameplay becous of the medspray and i think thats also fine. 

You can shoot under cars

Sign in to follow this