Sign in to follow this  
Ritual

03/16 Maintenance Announcement

Hello, everyone!

This Wednesday (03/16), 9 AM UTC, the standard weekly maintenance will occur. It is expected to last up to 4 hours. As always, this maintenance also includes regular console maintenance.

Thank you for your patience during this period!

Regards,
Ritual

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates.

#RevertFAR
#FixRFP
#RemoveBoltTimers
#RevertHVRbloom-Damage-Mechanic
#BuffPIG (750 Stamina Damage → 870)
#MakeArrestedCriminalsRespawnFaster
#BuffLTL
#NerfEpinephrine (+50% Sprint Speed → +30%)
#RevertJGttk
#NerfAMGmobilityOrBuffSHAW's&ALIG's
#SlightlyBuffSTAR4NewPlayerExperience
#ReworkHighBurnFuel (15% less vehicle health → 75% less explosion damage)
#AddConditionToMobileSpawnPoint (Invalid if within 40m of objective)

#RemoveWindUpTimers

#ReduceGrenadeResupplyDelay (3s → 2s)

#MakeBoomBoxActuallyExplode

#NerfPercussionGrenades (400 Health Damage → 300)

#Add /forfeitmission (forces $100 APB rewards, 200 standing and -1 point of threat)
#FixVIPmissions (Literally copy the code from Asylum in order to have 1 VIP on each team, then reduce the lives limit in that code from 20 down to 5).
#GibProgressReportOnAPB1.3

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

#RevertFAR
#FixRFP
#RemoveBoltTimers
#BuffLTL
#RevertJGttk

#RemoveWindUpTimers

#Add /forfeitmission (forces $100 APB rewards, 200 standing and -1 point of threat)
#FixVIPmissions (Literally copy the code from Asylum in order to have 1 VIP on each team, then reduce the lives limit in that code from 20 down to 5).

The ones I understand sound like good ideas, the others probably are too. I have never used epinephrine, if you used it with fragile would you be able to run at silly speed? I think making the star do a bit more damage would help new players, it might give them a chance to shoot someone before they die.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

VIPmissions (Literally copy the code from Asylum in order to have 1 VIP on each team

+1

I doubt some1 is still workin on the game dou.Is probably just Matt doin some stuff in is free time.He even admit it past year..i doubt theres a team or anything.The lack of updates tells me exactly dat

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

The ones I understand sound like good ideas, the others probably are too. I have never used epinephrine, if you used it with fragile would you be able to run at silly speed? I think making the star do a bit more damage would help new players, it might give them a chance to shoot someone before they die.

The answer is yes! but it isn't game-breaking silly:

unknown.png

I'm subtracting 1 meter from my distance to my car, because its side to its center is 1 meter.

Fragile stacks with Epinephrine since both are multiplicative effects. So normally, the current Epinephrine lasts long enough to make one sprint for 40 meters. Fragile, adding 14% will give you an additional ~6 meters. 6 meters are nice to have but its benefit is situational because also, both fragile and epinephrine eat from the player's health.

All of this happens within 5 seconds because that's how long Epinephrine lasts. If it lasted longer, the difference will also get bigger.

40 meters within 5 seconds are also pretty considerable, Epinephrine is currently the #1 consumable, followed by Med Spray because Med Spray isn't effective when coupled with Clotting Agent.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

#RevertFAR
#FixRFP
#RemoveBoltTimers
#BuffLTL
#RevertJGttk

#RemoveWindUpTimers

Don't Touch Nothin, wouldn't even trust em to Dust off the server vents, Hell the dust is the only thing holding it together

• Like 2

Did you take the servers down early accidentally? Social and US East are missing from the district selection. The district select menu also takes 5 seconds to load. Normally it takes less than 1 second.

ZX7es1o.png

14 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Epinephrine is currently the #1 consumable, followed by Med Spray because Med Spray isn't effective when coupled with Clotting Agent.

And here I am thinking Satchel is the best. Nothing beats blowing up a car full of people dead-set on running you over. Half-sarcastic, it's fun but Epinephrine is definitely the best.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Did you take the servers down early accidentally? Social and US East are missing from the district selection. The district select menu also takes 5 seconds to load. Normally it takes less than 1 second.

ZX7es1o.png

lmao NA is unplayable west ccoast servers are shittier than playing on EU with 100 ping

6 hours ago, Thornecroft said:

And here I am thinking Satchel is the best. Nothing beats blowing up a car full of people dead-set on running you over. Half-sarcastic, it's fun but Epinephrine is definitely the best.

LOL, that sure brings back a memory where I pretended to be AFK. A driver was about to ram me but I held a Satchel, then released it in such a timing that the driver rammed it mid-air causing it to explode. I didn't proc it like that again but it fulfilled a portion in my APB-soul.

It can be to those experienced with it, Satchel holds a lot of potential!

Fun fact: It is possible to double-jump from a released-satchel against walls. In some areas, it helps the player to get over things or even a building's roof.

• Like 1

When I start the game it doesn't give me a choice of server. It logs into steam, at least when it's not giving error messages like this account is in use by another client 10004 or the game may be down for maintenance 8 something or whatever. Then it retrieves characters FartyBumBumGuff or The Abominator, fat useless waster, next to them it says Citadel but I can't change that so I select Guff and off I go, if the internet doesn't decide to suddenly switch itself off. My car was undriveable last night, it drove itself into stuff constantly, no such thing as slight direction change, no it wants to full on 90 degree turn every time you tap the keys. Even when I just coasted along it accelerated away wildly and randomly tried to steer everywhere. Missions were impossible, I got no points, at least I got some JT for radar jamming, car spawning and completing a mission because I couldn't shoot anyone or even drive to an objective most of the time, the car even suicided me at one point, it drove itself into a parked car and instantly blew up, no setting on fire, just boom.

Merged.

16 hours ago, LilyRain said:

LOL, that sure brings back a memory where I pretended to be AFK. A driver was about to ram me but I held a Satchel, then released it in such a timing that the driver rammed it mid-air causing it to explode. I didn't proc it like that again but it fulfilled a portion in my APB-soul.

It can be to those experienced with it, Satchel holds a lot of potential!

Fun fact: It is possible to double-jump from a released-satchel against walls. In some areas, it helps the player to get over things or even a building's roof.

I was thinking using the epinny things with kevlar so it isn't so slow but only 5 seconds of not being slow per minute would still leave me slow most of the time, satchel charge sounds fun for laying traps, I have brick for the car so could send my car at the enemy and detonate it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I was thinking using the epinny things with kevlar so it isn't so slow but only 5 seconds of not being slow per minute would still leave me slow most of the time, satchel charge sounds fun for laying traps, I have brick for the car so could send my car at the enemy and detonate it.

Yes, that's the right way to think about it! Epinephrine+Kevlar is situational and even then, when Epinehprine is activated you'll hear heart-beats. Problem is your enemies can also hear those heart-beats, so they will be prepared for someone running fast to appear somewhere.

Kevlar users are usually more often dangerous when car-playing (either using cars for tactical positioning and movement or surfing on them with an anti-vehicle weapon such as ALIG or OSMAW), or when holding key locations without multiple-entrances to be flanked (Like that 2nd-floor police station in WaterFront). Otherwise, it is better to grab a decently-dangerous and reliable weapon and just to not use Kevlar. This isn't a problem with Kevlar or the Player, it is simply how the game is. APB is a game of choices and distances. Kevlar will excel in some scenarios and not all because it too is part of a player's loadout. Just like weapons, character mods can also be swapped when needed to suit the current situation.

Oh, good old days! That strategy works nicely if the car is equipped with Explosives 3 mod (especially if it is a big car like Espacio/Pioneer). If you like that playstyle, consider saving up 10,000 Joker Tickets for a 4x4 FireBomb, one of the most explosively-fun things in the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

When will APB add NFTs?

I bet they add NFTs, cash out on what they can, then sell the APB:Reloaded title to that Chinese company too. Then another 8 year cycle of "engine upgrade is coming" from the new company.