Which weapons do you, reader, think are P2W/Broken?

I think Oscar is broken, not necessarily OP, but it looks stupid, running, stopping for a microsecond to fart a couple of bullets then run again, yet me and the people I play with frequently all have difficulty playing against it, and can't use it for shit.

SHAW, if you don't have a pretty good pc, you're in for a nightmare, ntec on distance, oca in cqc, and you get that extra freeze to seal the deal.

No p2w weapons

Broken weapons

N-HVR

Yukon

Stun OPGL

6 hours ago, N66 said:

I think Oscar is broken, (...) me and the people I play with frequently all have difficulty playing against it, and can't use it for shit. (...)

That's the problem most players seem to have, but that doesn't mean it's broken. If anything, it means it's balanced as it requires skill to use effectively.

9 minutes ago, thelinux said:

That's the problem most players seem to have, but that doesn't mean it's broken. If anything, it means it's balanced as it requires skill to use effectively.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not butthurt that it exists, I'm butthurt coz of the no I get sometimes :))

Oscar, Yukon, Hvr, all needs to be fixed.

The Oscar needs only 4 mouse clicks to kill, has no bloom, nearly no recoil, and can fire while sprinting. It can wreck in both close quarters and mid range, as long as you are the least bit able to track your target. Either give it bloom, make it 5 or 6 mouse clicks to kill, or larger cross hairs from the hip, and while sprinting.

The Yukon is OP. Too low time to kill. Lower it's firerate or make it more unwieldy.

HVR is too heavy hitting combined with being too easy too use. Here is what I've said about it before: 

I also think the Volcano needs to be removed.

Edited by Landsfaderen
Elaboration

On 6/22/2018 at 5:24 PM, Happymrsnowman said:

-Can't sprint with it

-Can't quickswitch to pistol anymore (have to do the reload animation)

-Slow reload

-18 rounds total

-sprint with your secondary

-shoot pistol first for QS

-enemy is now dead who cares about reload

-18 kills total

Sorry... I couldnt help myself.

• Like 1

OSMAW / OPGL is literally p2w

*You have to pay 100$ per shot*

Yukon , OSCAR....

Edited by Thelnformer

On 6/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, Maverick13 said:

NUFF SAID.

STAR deserves more love. I'm currently using the 2 Slotted version with Mobility Sling and Mag Pull 3. STAR doesn't needs a RED mod.

N-TEC users in a nutshell: Badmouth our magnum opus and we'll doom you to hell, because our N-TEC is sacred.

Obeya CR762 Still good, but yeah, they need to bring back her glory.

I think if the n-tec stops being as strong as it is on range and if N-HVr is properly balanced Obeya will be fine. It just suffers from its upper competitor N.-HVR, and lower competitor, N-tec being too strong.

Not really many obviously p2w guns in the game, perhaps some that are overtuned however.

• Yukon is the first one that comes to mind as a weapon that only comes from real money dollars, and is rather overtuned.
  • HVR-762 needs something to make it less oppressive in open areas - stacking HVRs when you have an objective completely out in the open is very hard to counter.
  • The ATAC is far too forgiving for how capable it is, personally I would adjust the hipfire bloom to make it less of a CQC dominating machine and tailor it for midrange - It shouldn't outclass SMG's at point blank.
  • Low yield grenades are far too forgiving for how many you have and the distance that you can throw them - it doesn't need both a +1 capacity and a range increase over frags, either one or the other. Right now, there is no point to taking fragmentation grenades over low yields once you unlock them.

Something could be done about carsurfer + osmaw/volcano users - however I put this one seperately since it's really a combination of things making this into an issue. Combine the torque and speed of a Pioneer, with someone using both a blowtorch for mobile repairs, a resupply box for infinite ammunition, and an explosive launcher to take down anything chasing (perhaps add in a Vegas to push the Pioneer if you really feel like you need to win), and you have yourself an almost unstoppable combination that takes far more coordination to overcome than it does to execute. While each component in itself isn't overpowered, when you use them together it becomes very hard to counter. Perhaps limit yellow deployable mod usage when carsurfing - this would mean the driver at least has to stop for ammunition once in a while.

There's probably a lot more that i've forgotten that i could suggest, but these are the most glaringly blatant fixes that I would like to see happen.

30 minutes ago, InfernalPaladin said:

• Yukon is the first one that comes to mind as a weapon that only comes from real money dollars, and is rather overtuned.

I have a couple Yukons. Never bought a JMB.

Nice to see you back around btw. 😉

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I have a couple Yukons. Never bought a JMB.

Somebody else had to though

Just now, Nite said:

Somebody else had to though

Sure. But at this point, to pretend you can only get one with real money is just wrong.

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure. But at this point, to pretend you can only get one with real money is just wrong.

That's why I call it "soft p2w" - yeah u can get it without spending real money, but you gotta grind like hell to do so. Neverwinter did the same thing, put powerful gear in lootboxes but make it market tradable so u technically didn't have to spend real money to get them (but gg grinding out the currency for it)

1 minute ago, Nite said:

That's why I call it "soft p2w"

Yeah thats def accurate.

One weekend per legendary isn't a bad grind though. I mean yeah you could work at McDonalds and earn enough to pay for them instead...

The only weapons who needs to be nerfed is the n-tec its to good in many points. The Obeya CR is pretty stong u cant shoot fast enought too kill everyone aganst u and pls nerf the hitchhiker xD

I don't like using the word OP. But let's just say these need balancing

N-HVR. Too usable outside of long range combat. Fix: Completely destroy accuracy outside of marksmanship mode and just slightly increase scope-in time.

Yukon. TTK too low. fix: Simply lower the rate of fire a tad.

Vulcano. Too high rate of fire. Fix: That second shot shouldn't be ready as instantly.

Other than that... not much to say, despite what everyone says. What other weapons are complained about in the community is mostly like fashion. Right now the complaint-trend is the OCA. Before that it was N-Tec. Both of which are actually fine. Weapons are supposed to be good at what they are intended for. That should be the weapon balance mantra.
G1 Did a good job with the last big weapon balance patch but they flat out refused to touch the N-HVR. 

Edited by SilverCrow

Manic and it's variants

Basically an ATAC that's better at doing what the ATAC did best.

3 hours ago, G4B3 said:

Manic and it's variants

Basically an ATAC that's better at doing what the ATAC did best.

Manic has crazy recoil, doesn't even compare to ATAC - pretty much a buffed version of the Colby 1922. If there is a point to be made here its probably the VAS-C2 variants being more ATAC-like than the ATAC, but they need to be used within much lower range.

There is no room for complaints regarding Oscar after they removed sprintshooting. Bring back sprintshooting instead and revert Cooling jacket nerf.

Edited by preo

"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." --Paper

Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 2