Which weapons do you, reader, think are P2W/Broken?

Im honestly curious to see what you opinions are!  List your name and shame weapon and tell us all why its broken/p2w!!! >:D

( Does not just have to be armas / legendary only. For example, I think the Ntec needs to be reworked! )

yukon , hvr

pretty much any other weapons might need tweaks but those two are just plain broken .

• Like 5

STAR.

Too balanced, too perfect, and the root cause of all these types of threads.

To me P2W means it has to be buy only and have no possible way free players to get them. With that in mind I would say the scoped RFP, Colby AP and to a lesser exent the OCA-silverado. RFP with improved rifling is super good and is better than stock RFP in almost every way. The Colby AP does serious damage even at long range and fill both the role the FBW and ACT44 with the only down side being clip size. The OCA Silverado is the only silenced OCA with cooling jacket making it the lowest ttk of silenced OCA. 

These guns are good but they aren't what I would call broken. It would just be nice if we could access them without money. Even if its a contact daily or something. 

In terms of game balance I think all guns are fine as they are currently. If I had to chose something I think is unfair, it would be that osmaw/opgl doesn't have much of a counter for low rank players aside from JT rentals. I think it wouldn't hurt to decrease the rank requirement of R195 mods to that of level 3 mods or even R85. (they would probably have to rework remote det as well) 

Edited by Panorama

P2W/Broken are two complete different things, and I think we're still fine on the "p2w scale."
As for actual broken things, I guess you could say Yukon technically is.

Edited by Spherii
  • Like 1

On a purely statistical tack, I don't think any of the weapons currently in the game are broken overpowered. The HVR is far too effective in a variety of ranges, the N-TEC invalidates everything in the AR and Rifle classes and the OCA is pretty stronk in the SMG class(if only by virtue of the PMG being just outright worse than it) but thats been the state of the game since as long as I can remember. Those guns are strong in their respective classes, the HVR is strong in general though and I think thats the biggest problem honestly. Having greater useable weapon variety would be nice though and I think eliminating "Jack of all trades, master of all" weaponry would be a solid step in the right direction.

There are certain weapons that are just statistical upgrades or reshuffles of base game progression weapons though, the VBR Huntress and OCA Whisper come to mind. That content I think needs to either become accessible to all players(As part of base game progression. Joker Tickets function as an additional gate to content, which I think is unnecessary) or just cease to be.

EDIT: Oh and the Yukon. Yeah.

Edited by VeeSnowtail

Yukon only. Other than that, there are no OP/p2w weapons. There are only underpowered weapons, and thats the most sad thing. More sad than yukon being too OP for secondary weapon standards.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Panorama said:

... The OCA Silverado is the only silenced OCA with cooling jacket making it the lowest ttk of silenced OCA. 

Just want to clarify. Do you believe the silverado has the same stats as the whisper? 

Not every silenced vatient of the oca and its reskins are whispers. There are only 4 whispers in armas at the moment. PR1, PR2, RT1 and the kris. These have the crouching modifer and increased range over the oca, every other silenced oca is just that, a silenced oca with the regular effective range and no crouching modifer. 

Edited by Nanometic

The heavy HVR very obviously, the Yukon as well but at least it's not as easy to obtain.

I'd personally adjust the CQC weapon balancing slightly, too. Not that anything's broken, but I find the OCAs to be a little bit too effective and easy compared to semi-automatic shotguns.

5 hours ago, �Mendangoo said:

Osmaw

its one hit

too op p2win

You have to point out why aswell tho

I will fix that for you:

- 100$ each rocket, should be at 25$ instead

- windup timer, should be removed

- make it oldschool again but leave the rockets mag at 1/4 as it is, more people would start using it again, maybe add a osmaw gameplay only district

- fix the bug, where u open the armo box while pressing 5 and no rockets getting added to the mag again, so u still have an empty mag

A second weapon i thought of is the opgl, while thinking of explosive weapons:

- reload takes nearly forever (i believe it is at 1.5 or 2 sec, each bullet), make it half the time by default

- magsize is at 4/16 or so, it is fine, but would be nice to have it on 4/20 

- blast radius is kinda huge, maybe lower it, while adding more bullets to the magazin

Secondaries:

- FPW, make it 5 shots to kill again to make it more viable to vers the ntec in cqc, so people stop cornerpopping while trying to jump-lean-midair-OP-KILL-everyone

Thats it i guess, atleast for now 😆

Edited by SandyBitch

P2W? None. 

Needs changing? Yukon. Some others.

Broken? Yukon.

5 hours ago, �Mendangoo said:

Osmaw

its one hit

too op p2win

Flack Jacket 😵

Yukon. Broken since release, was never intended to fire that quickly.

Yukon. Broken since the day they launched it.

Yup Yukon broken for life. Would be interesting to see a lot of the armas weapons for sale in game, should get rid of the people crying about p2w.... well actually no it wont cause people are people. maybe make some of the mods on Armas weapons avail in game. Just ideas I don't think they are op but so many people complain about it all in game and after all these years i'm tired of trying to convince them otherwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Yup Yukon broken for life. Would be interesting to see a lot of the armas weapons for sale in game, should get rid of the people crying about p2w.... well actually no it wont cause people are people. maybe make some of the mods on Armas weapons avail in game. Just ideas I don't think they are op but so many people complain about it all in game and after all these years i'm tired of trying to convince them otherwise.

Better information in game is key, I once saw a player claiming the Ursus was a 4-shot kill. Resources like APB:DB are invaluable for players to understand the strengths and limitations of weapons.

Small summary of opinions.

Star : Already made a topic off it. Everyone praises its balanced, yet no one uses it.

N-Tec : Gun is fine but the rest arent so no direct competitor to it. In theory.

OCA : Supossedly broken, yet nobody thinks to shoot it at close to mid range (oca stops being king there)

PMG : Kills oca at close to mid range, can fight Ntecs at mid range. Nobody uses it cause "only HVR,OCA AND NTEC are viable".

Joker Carabine: Everybody cries cause it doent kill as fast as an OCA. Its fine for me. Stop using a semiauto like an auto.

Obeya: Used to be better. Who knows why they nerf it. Make it back to its former self and the HVR cries will stop.

Obir: Fine. Balanced. Easy to use. Good in vet hands. Good in newbie hands.

Shaw: Kills ocas, kills ntecs. Requires recoil management.

Alig: Everyone thinks is the worse gun of the game, yet some people snipe with it at mid range and makes quick kills.

HVR: OP cause it has no direct counter, just buff the obeya.

DMR : Put it a Cooling jacket 3 and it becomes a monster. Without it... subpar.

OSMAW : The gun that screams... "IM HEREE!!!"" needs a nerf? Just needs trained reflexes and gameplay. Not a nerf.

Both Shotguns : Both require real melee distance to be effective. Whats the cry here?.

Secondaries:

FBW : Even more Balanced than the NTEC and is free.

ACT 44: Good long range alternative.

Colby RSA: Same as ACT. I would love it to have one less shot to kill though.

S-AS: Beats OCAs when well used. Weird spread.

N-FA 9: Same as S-AS but even weirder spread. Needs to have better aim though.

RFP-9: Pocket obir. need i say more?.

Edited by Zealocke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Star : Already made a topic off it. Everyone praises its balanced, yet no one uses it.

N-Tec : Gun is fine but the rest arent so no direct competitor to it. In theory.

OCA : Supossedly broken, yet nobody thinks to shoot it at close to mid range (oca stops being king there)

PMG : Kills oca at close to mid range, can fight Ntecs at mid range. Nobody uses it cause "only HVR,OCA AND NTEC are viable".

Joker Carabine: Everybody cries cause it doent kill as fast as an OCA. Its fine for me. Stop using a semiauto like an auto.

Obeya: Used to be better. Who knows why they nerf it. Make it back to its former self and the HVR cries will stop.

Alig: Everyone things is the worse gun of the game, yet some people snipe with it at mid range and makes quick kills.

OSMAW : The gun that screams... "IM HEREE!!!"" needs a nerf? Just needs trained reflexes and gameplay. Not a nerf.

Both Shotguns : Both require real melee distance to be effective. Whats the cry here?.

Secondaries:

I use the starter Star on one of my characters a lot. Started doing it just to prove things are not p2w.

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

Alig: Everyone things is the worse gun of the game, yet some people snipe with it at mid range and makes quick kills.

Secondaries:

NUFF SAID.

STAR deserves more love. I'm currently using the 2 Slotted version with Mobility Sling and Mag Pull 3. STAR doesn't needs a RED mod.

N-TEC users in a nutshell: Badmouth our magnum opus and we'll doom you to hell, because our N-TEC is sacred.

Obeya CR762 Still good, but yeah, they need to bring back her glory.

• Like 1

Broken: Yukon, Hvr (heavy), Low Yields
P2W: Fang, Euryale, CSG?, .45?, PREMIUM

Edited by EmptyPillow
forgot fang

For broken weapons, I'd say the heavy HVR is powerful to the point of being mandatory if you're playing against a team worth their salt - at the very least, if they're running one, you either have to have a teammate to mirror it or run OPGL to put heavy pressure on the sniper (If they're smart enough to always be just on the outskirts of the objective). Yes, it's counterable, but the sheer amount of hoops you have to jump through and relative ineffectuality of other weapons if you're not mirroring just make it an extremely boring gun to go up against and one that isn't exactly entertaining for the user either. Making it 720 - 750 damage would be a lot kinder for that weapon as it gives tagged enemies a chance to retaliate or find cover.

DMR-AV stands out to me as the closet thing I can say is a P2W weapon because it's such a reliable long-range antivehicle gun which is every bit as potent antipersonnel as a regular DMR. Even with three open slots, it's tough to say that the regular DMR is worth taking over it. If they ever added tracers again, it'd be alright as the DMR has a built in silencer that hides them whereas the AV does not, but as it stands I'd offer that either mildly increased recoil or a slower firing rate (With slightly increased Hard damage to offset it) may be a good change to differentiate the two guns.

I love the STAR but yeah I'd love to see the day where I can pick it over the NTEC and not feel like I'm hamstringing myself. Four times now I've introduced new friends to the game, and although they do well with the STAR they ask if there's another assault rifle they can try. I point them towards the NTEC and give them a few tips on how to handle it and they're instantly erasing probably 2x the amounts of enemies with half the effort.

Edited by Songbearer
  • Like 2