Noob_Guardian

Medium Item "Exploit" Removal

Remove medium item movement "exploit"  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should the movement "exploit" for medium items which makes the medium item carrier move from ~3m/s to ~6m/s (about as fast as someone sprinting for those who are unfamiliar) be fixed and removed from the game.

• Yes, because it's a broken "mechanic"/exploit
    • Yes, because it's unfair
    • Indifferent
    • No, because anyone can do it
    • No, because i rely on it for wins

Should the ability to move medium items faster than intended by bypassing the movement restriction on medium items be fixed?

The difference is roughly ~3m/s while carrying, vs ~6m/s (about sprint speed) while doing it

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 2

this is less important than my bulge sliders poll, please ignore this guy and vote on mine instead

thank you

• Like 2

Well I mean, it is a broken mechanic so it makes sense to fix or remove it.

Also, hey, long time.

1 minute ago, killerskull said:

Well I mean, it is a broken mechanic so it makes sense to fix or remove it.

Also, hey, long time.

indeed its been long. I just came back from a long overwatch break a month ago xP

i mean its been there for years altho its not supose to be a thing, its not the biggest issue in the game...

Not something that is super annoying but it should be addressed at some point.

2 minutes ago, Keshi said:

i mean its been there for years altho its not supose to be a thing, its not the biggest issue in the game...

While i agree its not the biggest issue in game (there are many), even something like this being on their radar would be nice so "one day" it could be fixed.

Well... They should fix it. IDK why someone Reacted negatively on it. Probably because the person that voted negatively uses this while playing... Just Saying. :v

Just now, Maverick13 said:

Well... They should fix it. IDK why someone Reacted negatively on it. Probably because the person that voted negatively uses this while playing... Just Saying. :v

Im shocked if I ever see someone NOT doing this. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Im shocked if I ever see someone NOT doing this. 

I'm one of these persons.

I'm one of these persons.

Oh, the tricks are easy...

tap "x" then "f" for the big shit

tap "x","spacebar", "f" in rapid succession for the smaller shit

I am one of those people because i am lazy as foooooookkk and that is just too much work.

I know how to do it mate... But I don't use. I don't see this as something fair.

• Like 1

I know how to do it mate... But I don't use. I don't see this as something fair.

But literally everyone can do it, you dont even have to be a certain rank. 

At this point you are more ignoring a game mechanic than you are standing up for justice. 

Please remove the ability to cancel reloading by switching weapons. I think it is unfair for good players to be able to learn this simple skill based mechanic and the game should punish people for committing to a reload in this fast paced shooter.

• Like 1

But literally everyone can do it, you dont even have to be a certain rank. 

At this point you are more ignoring a game mechanic than you are standing up for justice. 

I see any Exploit/Glitch that gives even a minimal advantage as unfair. I don't like this idead of Thriving in exploits to get a possible victory.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Please remove the ability to cancel reloading by switching weapons. I think it is unfair for good players to be able to learn this simple skill based mechanic and the game should punish people for committing to a reload in this fast paced shooter.

Oh look, someone trying to de-rail the post... Please cancel yourself. It's a favor. HU3HU3HU3HU3HU3HU3.

I see any Exploit/Glitch that gives even a minimal advantage as unfair. I don't like this idead of Thriving in exploits to get a possible victory.

Hasnt it been around for years though?

Im sure you dont think G1 was ignorant of this fact, and yet they left it. 

Sounds like a game mechanic to me. 

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

it took them roughly 6 years to fix heavy items... and how many problems still exist in the game?

I think they didn't want to add a pickup timer to medium items like there used to be.

Just because G1 left it, doesn't mean it's a game mechanic and "maybe" little orbit will have a different view point. Especially when you can move about as fast as someone sprinting after you with, while carrying the mission item. (Trust me, i've jump ran with the item 200m before without the enemies catching up because they didn't use cars. It's pretty stupid to let it remain ingame when you can do that, when they should have caught up at "roughly" 50-75m.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well they did remove it from the heavy items, which actually then in turn really broke some spots and missions since the "exploit" had balanced them.

Medium items are meh - dont really care.

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

it took them roughly 6 years to fix heavy items... and how many problems still exist in the game?

I think they didn't want to add a pickup timer to medium items like there used to be.

Just because G1 left it, doesn't mean it's a game mechanic and "maybe" little orbit will have a different view point. Especially when you can move about as fast as someone sprinting after you with, while carrying the mission item. (Trust me, i've jump ran with the item 200m before without the enemies catching up because they didn't use cars. It's pretty stupid to let it remain ingame.

Leave it, fix it, I wouldnt mind either tbh  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Well they did remove it from the heavy items, which actually then in turn really broke some spots and missions since the "exploit" had balanced them.

Medium items are meh - dont really care.

The missions broke after they made car spawn and custom spawns. Before then you could do those heavy items missions with very little issues without either "exploit" (i've never done the heavy item "jump" exploit.) I love spawn choices, but it broke so much about APB in the process that kept missions balanced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The missions broke after they made car spawn and custom spawns. Before then you could do those heavy items missions with very little issues without either "exploit" (i've never done the heavy item "jump" exploit.) I love spawn choices, but it broke so much about APB in the process that kept missions balanced.

No, some spots are ridiculously bad placed for heavy items to be dropped or moved at the start/end of a stage.

But I do agree that the whole spawn issue might add to the trouble since it speeds up the gameplay.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

remove the exploit and let me blast nerds with a .45 while i’m carrying medium items

I'd like to say yes, I really, really would. 

Buuuut at the same time it'd break so very many things at the moment. Currently being caught out in the open for even a brief moment at slower then normal speed is enough to result in you dying a horrible death. Plus the mission timers are exceptionally short in many cases. From my viewpoint they'd have to crank up the timers or wait until a proper revamp of missions. Maybe even wait until some tweaks can be made to sections of the maps. 

Really turns into quite the mess the more you think about it. Bleh.