Sign in to follow this  
Grelko

What exactly are these two options

Under the Options > General tab

Vehicle debris  -  I'm guessing this turns off the broken vehicles / parts that we see along the roads or in the field, so we can't crash into them anymore.

In-world Gear Popups  -  Possibly removes the chance of finding gears or armor/weapons while scavenging or looting chests and mobs?

Would be nice if someone from LO could come in here and clarify these if possible

as far as i have seen vehicle debris is for cars when on or off roads. there particle affects under the worlds. the car wrecks and such are world objects you can not remove (unless its a node of some type)

as for gear pop ups i have no idea. it might mean window tabs for links, but the looting is controlled by a random "table" set for a mob

I hope I don't sound rude when I say this, but this is why I wanted someone from LO to come in here and reply. I didn't want people coming in and "thinking" they know what the options do. I want to know exactly what they do, so I can decide if I want to turn them off or leave them on.

If you have in-game gear popups turned on, you can right click on armor and weapons on your toon model in the world and get the same context menu as if you were right clicking on them in your Gear window.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:17 AM, cowhorseman said:

as far as i have seen vehicle debris is for cars when on or off roads. there particle affects under the worlds.

Do you mean dirt or the exhaust fumes coming from the back of the vehicles and tires?  Thank you for the information, but I didn't notice any difference on or off the roads.  I have all of the graphic settings turned on and set to maximum. I'm not sure if it would make any difference, but i'm currently using a buggy.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, Sharkdog said:

If you have in-game gear popups turned on, you can right click on armor and weapons on your toon model in the world and get the same context menu as if you were right clicking on them in your Gear window.

I tried this and it must be what it is. If I right click on my character, I get the popup with a few different choices. if I turn it off, it doesn't give me the popup anymore. Thank you

Edited by Grelko

6 hours ago, Grelko said:

Do you mean dirt or the exhaust fumes coming from the back of the vehicles and tires?  Thank you for the information, but I didn't notice any difference on or off the roads.  I have all of the graphic settings turned on and set to maximum. I'm not sure if it would make any difference, but i'm currently using a buggy.

i noticed it only works on certain cars and bikes and on certain roads. there very small particles that pop up from the tires. it's hard to notice unless your really looking