Crim V Crim & Enforcer & Enforcer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Crim V Crim?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Enforcer V Enforcer?

• Yes
    • No

Game used to have Crim vs Crim back in the day and it made for some pretty cool criminal rivalries. It would be a fairly easy change for LO to make, considering it's been in the game before. With how small the game population is, finding opposition would be improved and players can fight new opponents. How would you all feel if that were to be brought back, as well as introduce Enforcer vs Enforcer?

• Like 1

Crim v Crim would be understandable, only form of it I saw is when a crim got a reward from killing a N5

Cop v Cop, I wouldnt know as cops fight each other are no different to crims fighting each other

3 minutes ago, skinnypee said:

but I never played before ? 

We mean that your comment was before was not related to the topic, if youre going to ask for help, make/search a thread about it or as support

2 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

Crim v Crim would be understandable, only form of it I saw is when a crim got a reward from killing a N5

Cop v Cop, I wouldnt know as cops fight each other are no different to crims fighting each other

We mean that your comment was before was not related to the topic, if youre going to ask for help, make/search a thread about it or as support

ohh sorry m new here

Looking at it from a lore/world building aspect, rather than a gameplay thing, Crim vs Crim makes so much sense because of 1. Criminals in real life consistently have turf wars and the like and you could justify it like this, Blood Roses and G-kings Rivalry. On the other hand, the Cops wouldn't make any sense. While Prentiss Tigers and Praetorians have their scuffles they are in essence the same organization, it would be like Microsoft and Xbox being at each other's throats. Enforcers regardless of their side, Praetorian, Prentiss Tigers, Any of the Non-canon Clans that could fit into the lore quite easily (WASP, HURT, Ballistic) they are all hired and managed by the City Security Act (CSA) despite having... nearly no control over these groups in any capacity THANK YOU MAYOR DAREN.... Is... isn't her term been up for like.... 5 years plus now? Why is this woman still mayor???? WHY IS THE CITY NOT RUBBLE!!!!????

On a more realistic note though, Even just thinking crim vs cop or the crim v crim / cop v cop scenarios myself and looking at the polls most of the community just can't logically see it being implemented into the game.

*** As a bit of an off-topic tangent... New lore about the game would be cool say Mayor Daren isn't Mayor any longer but the city is in such disarray that it's become a Police State run by the CSA with this only upsetting the crims even more than just the implication of the CSA, also if we do a crim vs crim thing MAYBE a thing could be added as secondary 'faction' of the enforcers being unofficial members this would allow the Cop v Cop aspect as these new 'cops' would be more unruly than the current ones as they wouldn't have to follow any of the 'rules' laid out for Enforcers, like maybe no loss of Prestige from running down civies and the like. I don't know... just something my brain rambles off about... probably just a mess of incoherent thought.

From a gameplay standpoint you can't include Crim v. Crim without including Enforcer vs. Enforcer. The old RTW had matchmaking problems for Enforcers since there was hardly any opposition. Like I said in the other thread I'd like to see certain district distinctions, with competetive districts allowing Enforcer v Enforcer and Crim v Crim. From a lore stand-point it could be easily described as the CSA groups not getting along. They're basically gangs with badges at this point, so it'd make sense that they themselves would get into a scuffle. On one hand you've got a private military running errands for a major corporation and on the other is a bunch of wealthy college kids that get a kick out of gunfights. I could see them getting into some fights. 

Plus this could help the matchmaking get more opposition. But I'd really only like to see it in certain districts as it kinda takes away the feeling of the game.

It was a cool feeling in early RTW days because playing Crim you felt like you could never really trust your teammates in the same way you can when playing enforcer because your next mission could be opposed. You also got full gold credit for taking out a n5 Crim, so playing Crim was very much "no honour amongst thieves".

Enforcers still got decent missions because once a Crim hit a certain notoriety (n3 IIRC) they could have a bounty mission called out against them at literally any time in an action district even if they weren't readied up (uhh this was pretty frustrating though and led to some pretty obnoxious 1v1's).

Crim v crim doesn't really work in the current matchmaking system but I really hope they consider it as a potential option if they ever do cross district matchmaking so they have a larger pool and also find something to fill the matchmaking gap for enforcers.

Edited by Forumuser12312
grammar errors

It would severely improve matchmaking if this was introduced. Should ask the lore master @WingedArc about his thoughts on this.

Criminal vs criminal was an original feature, so id keep it.

What it needs to be removed is faction only teams in fight club and have an auto balance team. That would be really nice.

The only problem i could think of is ltl... that would be a mess.

Edited by Excalibur!

7 hours ago, Dopefish said:

It would severely improve matchmaking if this was introduced. Should ask the lore master @WingedArc about his thoughts on this.

Both G-king vs Bloodrose and Praetorians vs Prentiss Tigers are lore friendly as long as we could pick our sub-faction as both sub-factions hate each other.

Honestly I would love to see this!

Edited by WingedArc

2 hours ago, WingedArc said:

Both G-king vs Bloodrose and Praetorians vs Prentiss Tigers are lore friendly as long as we could pick our sub-faction as both sub-factions hate each other.

Honestly I would love to see this!

Alright, then it should be more of a question about when it should be possible to face opponents of the same faction.

I don't think it should be possible from the start as to keep the factions distinct from each others, and it doesn't make sense to me that rookies would have internal power struggles.

If it would be possible after a certain rank, it would still require that you pledged to one of the sub-factions to make sense lore wise. Should you be locked to this choice or would you be able to change freely after a certain point?

Do you pledge to a faction and level up its standing as a unique role that becomes available after R195?

Alternatively, you could be forced to pick between the sub-factions to unlock their end game contacts, and the other ones would become permanently unavailable for that character.

The last suggestion could promote leveling up a new character of the same faction, so you could unlock everything with a lot of dedication.

20 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Stuffs was said

Unlocking them once you hit R195 would be fine but honestly I do not like the idea of being locked into one sub-faction after you join them after R195 but say having the factions to pledge to after you max all contacts would be a nice way to provide a post-game grind where you would say unlock some extra symbols or even preset clothing assets or preset guns with custom skins.

Heck it could even use an alternate levelling system, so when you click on yourself on the scoreboard it would show your rank and then both your faction ranks next to it.

I do not think it would be best to promote levelling new characters with how much of a grind to end-game the game is and the fact that we start with limited character slots, not to mention if you pick the wrong sub-faction as your friends then have fun re-rolling... 

Alternatively you could have it as simple as just pledge to a contact of that faction and it counts you in that faction for matchmaking, So if you pledge to Tiptoe you are counted as a Bloodrose, Justin Teng for Praetorians, Ect...

Edited by WingedArc
Grammar is hard...

54 minutes ago, WingedArc said:

More things were said.

I believe it takes about 330h to reach rank 255 with premium (much less for rank 195), so by then you should have had enough time to figure out which one to go for, but it might be more of an inconvenience (cause frustration) rather than an good incentive for creating multiple characters. I believe RTW used to level the contacts sub-faction when you pledged to a maxed out contact, or to someone that was in the other district, so maybe something similar but only for the final contacts?

So your choice of sub-faction is based on who you pledge to after you've already maxed out all other contacts?

Edited by Dopefish

Considering factions, yes, crim vs crim is a quite obvious thing to be expected from this game. But with enf vs enf can not agree. No matter how much those two enf factions can dislike each other, they are still on the same side of the law.

On the other hand, if for enf vs enf will be required to use stun weapon only, it can fit and be explained like a training program. However may work also an explanation that though in this game we have only two enf factions, players may still consider their characters to be mercenaries or bounty hunters and not just cops/army.

14 hours ago, Darth_Whatever said:

Considering factions, yes, crim vs crim is a quite obvious thing to be expected from this game. But with enf vs enf can not agree. No matter how much those two enf factions can dislike each other, they are still on the same side of the law.

The enforcers in APB are vigilantes. They're literally no different than the criminals other than what motivates them.

1 hour ago, Dopefish said:

The enforcers in APB are vigilantes. They're literally no different than the criminals other than what motivates them.

Except they got a nice shiny badge. I don't see any crims with that.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:04 AM, Dopefish said:

Tigers maybe. But even if you prefer to see them that way, motivation remains. One organization is sponsored by citizens and will lose it all in a flash if, instead of fighting criminals, will start to slaughter those, who are still trying to protect this city. Another one - local people who are doing their best (unprofessionally, yes, but still) in order to protect their home from criminals, should perfectly understand that it makes no sense for them to waste their time and resources on hunting those, who are on their side. 

1 hour ago, Darth_Whatever said:

Tigers maybe. But even if you prefer to see them that way, motivation remains. One organization is sponsored by citizens and will lose it all in a flash if, instead of fighting criminals, will start to slaughter those, who are still trying to protect this city. Another one - local people who are doing their best (unprofessionally, yes, but still) in order to protect their home from criminals, should perfectly understand that it makes no sense for them to waste their time and resources on hunting those, who are on their side. 

There's a lot of stuff talking about how your average joe doesn't know much about the Praetorian hit squads under Danko. It'd make sense that Teng would use those groups to go after other vigilante groups in order to secure themselves at the top of the chain

19 hours ago, hotbot said:

It'd make sense that Teng would use those groups to go after other vigilante groups in order to secure themselves at the top of the chain

In order to secure it, such actions should be avoided. While their whole organization is holding mostly on the fact that payments are better than police/army, their existence depends on PR. Wasting resources on a war against rich Prentiss kids who have, perhaps, even better influence at media and more contacts among wealthy people of SP - straight way to lose half of the sponsors and blow up everything that their PR managed to achieve. Teng is not an idiot. He and his organization can benefit much more on keeping it calm with Tigers (publically, of course) and using hit squads against other vigilante groups (to prevent them from growing into something bigger and to not let them "steal" easy jobs), who yet has no influence, funds, experience and such, and can be explained as another peacekeeping action if sponsors will start to ask questions.

On 6/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, Dopefish said:

I would not even call them Vigilantes,

The Praetorians are noting but mercenaries for hire where as Teng has only came into it because he sees a way to keep control of the city if he is the one who gets rid of the crims and the Tigers are only seeing the current situation to become famous and that is all they care about, Not one of the factions gives the slightest darn about the city and the well being of the people,

Heck that is why Brett Donavan refused to join the Praetorians in the first place and why he tells the Tigers to "Go F**k yourselves" afterwards and says that the city needs help and that both factions are helping at all in the slightest as they only care about their own personal interests and nothing else.

While a Praetorians or Tiger will not shoot at each other on the street the only thing they need is the slightest reason, Heck even if it was as simple as "If the Praetorians hand in the [item] they get credit, We can't have that happen!" or vice versa, "If the Tigers hand in the [item] They will be the ones getting paid, Stop them at all costs!"

Or heck take an already existing mission, ONE NIGHT IN SOFIA, The entire missions revolves around Sofia making a video where she is giving a blowjon, who is to say that the Praetorians would not want the tape to black mail the Tigers with? As I said the two factions hate each other and only need the slightest reason to start shooting.

1 hour ago, WingedArc said:

who is to say that the Praetorians would not want the tape to black mail the Tigers with? 

Quite sure that Byron will get his hands on such stuff first. So once again for 'Torians will be more profitable to "help" Tigers. Not only quite peaceful way to get money from them, but also additional show off in front of citizens without unwanted attention.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:23 AM, skinnypee said:

PLZ I CANT LOGIN THEY TELL ME ERROR CODE 8 

Error 8 - Login server is down or unreachable.

Copy pasted from my profile.

Error Code Meanings

Error 10001 - Wrong patch.

Error 10004 - Someone else is logged into your account.

Error 10007 - Login server is down and will be back online shortly.

Error 8 - Login server is down or unreachable.

Error 9 - Same as Error 8, just with the worldwide servers.

Error 10010 - This means that your log-in details are incorrect. (Or your closed beta account is not activated)

Error 10013 - Correct log-in details but something else is stopping you from logging in.

G1 Error Codes

Error 11001 - Account connection failed.

Error 11002 - Account is in pending status.

Error 11003/11004 - Account connection failed. Check username and password.

Error 11006 - Account doesn't meet the age requirement for APB.

Error 60004 - Account is locked into another district

Edited by Zolerox