Captain Teemo

ironically, suggestions should be moved to suggestions...

while this may be ironic...there are a lot of posts in social discussion that are nothing more than suggestions. actual discussions are being buried under this mess and the arguable mess of low-quality posts (also in the wrong section)

please move these threads to the right section or at least add the suggestion subforum to the social discussion section.

thought there were mad squids 20 here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Teemo said:

please move these threads to the right section or at least add the suggestion subforum to the social discussion section.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LO said they were still getting their mod teams together, and there are very few current mods to actually enforce the forum rules.
I've really only seen Lixil and Flight do anything forum wise so far. (Though I've probably missed the other mods doing things) 

15 minutes ago, Captain Teemo said:

while this may be ironic...there are a lot of posts in social discussion that are nothing more than suggestions. actual discussions are being buried under this mess and the arguable mess of low-quality posts (also in the wrong section)

I believe you're thinking of the old mod squad.

12 minutes ago, Asparii said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LO said they were still getting their mod teams together, and there are very few current mods to actually enforce the forum rules.
I've really only seen Lixil and Flight do anything forum wise so far. (Though I've probably missed the other mods doing things) 

Don't forget @Selali has been seen too.

I'm hoping that once the lag and some people stop creating as many new threads per day in Social, then we should see plenty of enforcement.

“bUt PoLLs aReNt SuGEsTioNs”

16 minutes ago, Asparii said:

This isn't even a mod issue though. It is an issue with all the people not realising that 75% of the forum exists to serve certain niches yet they still ignore it.

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This isn't even a mod issue though. It is an issue with all the people not realising that 75% of the forum exists to serve certain niches yet they still ignore it.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do to people refusing to use the right area of the forums without bringing in mods to correct them.
Unless they make the suggestions section rainbow and flashy I doubt people are going to even look in it's direction when posting suggestions.

Edited by Asparii

18 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

yeah, we are pretty dumb. and while mods can move threads..they could effectively reduce that even further if the forums actually had organization that made sense..or had actual checks at the time of post creation.

1 minute ago, Asparii said:

Unfortunately there's not much you can do to people refusing to use the right area of the forums.
Unless they make the suggestions section rainbow and flashy I doubt people are going to even look in it's direction when posting suggestions.

Now that I think about it, even if it was flashing rainbow colours people would still ignore it due to ignorance.

Just now, Captain Teemo said:

yeah, we are pretty dumb. and while mods can move threads..they could effectively reduce that even further if the forums actually had organization that made sense..or had actual checks at the time of post creation.

How would you improve organisation of forum sections?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Now that I think about it, even if it was flashing rainbow colours people would still ignore it due to ignorance.

How would you improve organisation of forum sections?

consolidation. Sub forums in the right parents, additional checks in the thread creation process (to reduce low quality posts in general, think flairs on reddit), remove redundant sections.

• Like 2

I tried suggesting to someone that they would get better reactions to their "suggestions and feedback" lol, if they actually posted it in that part of the forum, but for some reason people gave me dislikes, as if it was a terrible idea.

Just suspend someone who repeatedly posts suggestions in general for 7 days I'd say. Give them 3 warnings and then a 7 day suspension. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AgentWatson said:

Just suspend someone who repeatedly posts suggestions in general for 7 days I'd say. Give them 3 warnings and then a 7 day suspension. 

I think it's a rule... lemme check...

Not officially a rule... but:

No Spam Nonsensical, one word or non-contributory posts, and double posting. Do not bump a topic unless needed. Off-Topic discussions should be in the appropriate board and may be moved as needed by a moderator.

I take that, as a post should be in the proper board. So... kinda a rule... and if we're using Common sense as Lixil has asked, I'd say it should go to the proper board to begin with.

The thing with these forums is, just like the old one, everyone checked only the "General discussion" part of the forums, and never cared about anything else.

Even myself i have a hard time reminding myself that other places exist on this forum other than the general discussion lol.

Just look at the numbers on the main page of the forums, this section takes like the most traffic of any existing section.

Much like the reddit front page, The Social District - General Discussion section is considered the 'forum home base' of sorts so anyone checking in knows that section gets the most traffic. Ergo if u want your buff/nerf thread to have <nanosuit voice> MAXIMUM VIEWS </nanosuit voice> you shove your posts there whether or not there is a proper are for that stuff. Or so the thinking goes.

From what I remember the community-wide habit grew from the days when people thought the old team basically stopped glancing through the Suggestions section.....

EDIT: Of the few people who make their follow preference publicly visible, the number of dudes following Game & Forum Suggestions is half that of Socal District - General Discussion.

Edited by Nite

5 hours ago, Nite said:

Much like the reddit front page, The Social District - General Discussion section is considered the 'forum home base' of sorts so anyone checking in knows that section gets the most traffic. Ergo if u want your buff/nerf thread to have <nanosuit voice> MAXIMUM VIEWS </nanosuit voice> you shove your posts there whether or not there is a proper are for that stuff. Or so the thinking goes.

From what I remember the community-wide habit grew from the days when people thought the old team basically stopped glancing through the Suggestions section.....

EDIT: Of the few people who make their follow preference publicly visible, the number of dudes following Game & Forum Suggestions is half that of Socal District - General Discussion.

I remember I stopped going to the suggestions page under G1's rule, even to really read it.

Most of the non-pinned suggestions, and always first page ones were either already read, and just the same (i agree) posts, or they were straight up garbage because the poster doesn't understand the underlying mechanics of the game.

I'll admit that I don't know everything, but I have enough knowledge to form an opinion. And like everyone else, my opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fountain spewing forth facts.

People who would do that in suggestions annoyed me...

As stated earlier I think we should wait for the moderator applications to be sorted through and new team members to be recruited before we criticize the forums and their arrangement. 

Little Orbit is still trying to get a foothold so give them time.

20 hours ago, Captain Teemo said:

this is true..