Sign in to follow this  
PHM

How they recorded the /fart emote

When performing the /fart emote, do you also wonder if in 2009 some devs from RTW genuinely farted into the mic?

And if yes, how often do you think they had to retake the performance?

• Like 2

i can confidently say that i have never considered this, and after i leave this thread i never will again

but the question is. was it a girl or a guy. did they have one of each? did they shit themselves during a take? was it wet? dry? damp? did they push to hard and pop a blood vessel? there are many questions to this and alot of them have answers we may never know

Well it is known that the RTW animators recorded themselves doing the animations to then animate/rig over. So the real question is who did the fart animation.

It is topics like this that makes the forum worth browsing again. I believe this specific topic could actually translate into an increase in in-game /pop, ultimately off-setting the massive disappointment of repeated engine upgrade failures, making APB the go-to TPS MMO this decade.

To answer your questions:

9 hours ago, PHM said:

When performing the /fart emote, do you also wonder if in 2009 some devs from RTW genuinely farted into the mic?

Yes.

9 hours ago, PHM said:

And if yes, how often do you think they had to retake the performance?

Yes.

• Like 3

I see people farting blue gas sometimes but I've never heard anyone fart in the game. I thought the emotes were just dances and gestures. I haven't unlocked any new since the chicken and comical dances ages ago.

Probably a stock fart sound they bought from an audio library somewhere.

#nofun

19 hours ago, AlienTM said:

theres fart machines..

but someone had to fart into a mic in order to make a fart machine. question is who farted into the first fart machine

Related thought - will we have proper 64bit butt cheek physics for the /fart emote in 1.3?

28 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Related thought - will we have proper 64bit butt cheek physics for the /fart emote in 1.3?

RTX's full potential will shine... literally.

What about a shart emote, like the fart emote but much wetter sounding? Me and my friend here would make great use of such a feature

6NIqlWV.jpg

zM3Kgv7.jpg

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Sign in to follow this