JellyTOP

This is the Zombie mode envisaged by APB!

It's APB's vision of zombie mode! Its innovative framework is basically APB. i'm an old player. I have failed to beat other experts and been killed many times in long tournaments. These gold medalists are the masters of the sport. I can't compete with them! So I wanted APB to go into zombie mode, where players like me could have fun shooting zombies with weapons. So I imagined this zombie mode and rendered it. This time, only the rendering of the survivor faction is shown, the rendering of the zombie faction is still being created.

XMMLRsY.jpeg8MaCEKv.jpegy5dFL5I.jpegE7v4ST5.jpeg

• Like 4

You put way too much effort into something that will probably never ever be into APB

Too much effort was made into rendering but none at researching what is feasible, what isn't and what actually makes sense for the game's theme or even its future.

- Why would people play APB for Zombie mode when there are games out there that do it substantially better?

- How will you introduce Zombie animations when we don't even have an animator? LO isn't even adjusting some weapon-holding or reload animations.

- How will you balance it? Critical balance details are missing. Nothing about what Zombies can and can't do by Players was mentioned. If you're not willing to provide a full-prototype, don't expect LO to balance it for you. They simply won't get it anywhere near right & if they do, it'll be done in a jank-cheap way.

This might sound like a joke but it really isn't: Perhaps with more work this would compete with RIOT. You'll need WAY more work to make this a proper blueprint for a Zombie mode in APB.

• Like 2

@JellyTOP I really like and appreciate your efforts and time spent to "develop" this "new mode". You have a lively mind. Congratulations, and feel free to upload more images and/or show more ideas (not zombie-related too). Unluckly, keep in mind none of them will (almost) achieve something at the current state of the game.

• Like 2

Ya I commend you for your creativity and imagination. But the Forum Trolls are right, it'll never happen here. 

Be like wiring a Tesla rocket motor to push lawn mower, n the person changing that code, is that monkey in that video where they hand the monkey the AK-47 n He's shoots it off around the camp.  

7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Too much effort was made into rendering but none at researching what is feasible, what isn't and what actually makes sense for the game's theme or even its future.

- Why would people play APB for Zombie mode when there are games out there that do it substantially better?

- How will you introduce Zombie animations when we don't even have an animator? LO isn't even adjusting some weapon-holding or reload animations.

- How will you balance it? Critical balance details are missing. Nothing about what Zombies can and can't do by Players was mentioned. If you're not willing to provide a full-prototype, don't expect LO to balance it for you. They simply won't get it anywhere near right & if they do, it'll be done in a jank-cheap way.

This might sound like a joke but it really isn't: Perhaps with more work this would compete with RIOT. You'll need WAY more work to make this a proper blueprint for a Zombie mode in APB.

you are a joke 

So the zombies are also players? And there's less of them than survivors at the start?

Does that mean 30 players have to shamble around (the silhouette you used doesn't imply a fast zombie) hoping a survivor either runs out of ammo or is stupid enough to let them close enough to attack? Good luck getting people to do that. I'd say 15 of your 30 zombies would quit the district as soon as the game mode starts and they realise they're a zombie.

And if the "zombies" have guns, then it's not really a zombie mode, is it? It's just a variation on the Halloween event.

Edited by MrChan

there's a suggestion subforum

the presentation here kind of sucks - the long image strips are resized and it makes them nearly unreadable without opening the original imgur pages one by one

13 hours ago, JellyTOP said:

It's APB's vision of zombie mode! Its innovative framework is basically APB. i'm an old player. I have failed to beat other experts and been killed many times in long tournaments. These gold medalists are the masters of the sport. I can't compete with them! So I wanted APB to go into zombie mode, where players like me could have fun shooting zombies with weapons. So I imagined this zombie mode and rendered it. This time, only the rendering of the survivor faction is shown, the rendering of the zombie faction is still being created.

[images]

as for the suggestion itself, i think some important stuff has been glossed over

my biggest issue is you want a game mode for less skilled players to have fun shooting zombies and you also want an entirely pvp game mode, but these are conflicting suggestions

1. pure pvp can have asymmetrical gameplay but it still has to be fair and fun for both sides, otherwise you'll quickly find yourself with no one willing to play as one side and the game mode will collapse
  2. pure pvp means you're going to encounter the exact same issue you complained about in current apb - you'll be playing against other players and many of them will be better than you

what is the core draw of this game mode? what aspect is new and unique among zombie games, or what aspect does it share with other zombie games but perfects and pushes to a new level? why play this game mode over left4dead, or killing floor, or project zomboid, or r6 siege extraction? why even play this mode over current apb missions?

and once you hook players, how do you keep them playing? is there a progression system? how does it work? what are the rewards? there's 25% of a single mission here if we're being generous, what other content (locations, maps, mechanics, scenarios, items, etc) should this game mode have? how can this mode be improved or built upon in the future? what monetization options does this mode provide?

i can appreciate the desire to improve apb and whatever effort went into this post, but it seems like you had a cool idea and jumped to the presentation stage without really considering it from every angle first

12 hours ago, Nijavid said:

you are a joke 

I'm interested in seeing your non-joke fact-debunking efforts.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

Now now, no need to be mean. Its nice to see that im not the only one doing something. I like the style of the drawings, looks cute.

Too much effort? Then what about me? Ive made like 40 concepts in ~4 months... 😂