Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

Since you had to remove threat segregation...

Recommended Posts

the problem I see with matchmaking is that there are solo players and then grouped players. if one faction has no gold solo players and the other faction has all premade groups... it will attempt to pool together some silver and bronze players to match the premade team's threat combined threat level. if it cannot match it it will match them anyways then give them the option for backup... which doesn't help at all anyways as it can just create further imbalance.

 

how about you make 1 server for financial & waterfront for grouped players and another for non-grouped players? this way it will have an easier time matching since everyone will be in proper size groups (2,3,4 man) no random players with mis-matched threat vs premades.

 

solo player server will match players alot better also since it will be 40 solo players on each side instead of 4-5 solo players and the rest grouped that aren't using the alliance feature or never call backup anyways.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first problem with this is NA doesn't have enough players for this to even have a chance of working

 

And the second problem is people would group anyways by readying up at the same time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

the problem I see with matchmaking is that there are solo players and then grouped players. if one faction has no gold solo players and the other faction has all premade groups... it will attempt to pool together some silver and bronze players to match the premade team's threat combined threat level. if it cannot match it it will match them anyways then give them the option for backup... which doesn't help at all anyways as it can just create further imbalance.

 

how about you make 1 server for financial & waterfront for grouped players and another for non-grouped players? this way it will have an easier time matching since everyone will be in proper size groups (2,3,4 man) no random players with mis-matched threat vs premades.

 

solo player server will match players alot better also since it will be 40 solo players on each side instead of 4-5 solo players and the rest grouped that aren't using the alliance feature or never call backup anyways.

 

 

they removed segregation because of population issues, it wouldn't make sense to turn around and implement another mechanic to divide the playerbase again

 

and an instance that only allows two, three, and four man groups is probably going to have even worse matchmaking than the current unsegregated districts

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not enough players, so no one wins, will lead to endless no opposition for pre-made groups, it only hurts the players that plays with friends and you want to force them to solo in order for them to play a match? or they would quit and play a game that has actual co-op / squad. 

 

Edited by Deadliest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

The first problem with this is NA doesn't have enough players for this to even have a chance of working

 

And the second problem is people would group anyways by readying up at the same time

it would match everyone whos close in threat. the problem is that atm you see premade of golds and if another premade is already on a mission it will just find random solo players (regardless of threat level) and match them vs the premade then as a bandaid for imbalance it gives the solo players a backup option (which again doesnt help).

 

as for NA not having players... they should just shut it down or merge with EU in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

it would match everyone whos close in threat. the problem is that atm you see premade of golds and if another premade is already on a mission it will just find random solo players (regardless of threat level) and match them vs the premade then as a bandaid for imbalance it gives the solo players a backup option (which again doesnt help).

 

as for NA not having players... they should just shut it down or merge with EU in my opinion.

no thanks I already have hit reg problems adding high ping on top of that will make it impossible to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

as for NA not having players... they should just shut it down or merge with EU in my opinion.

Since LO is based in the US, they should shut down EU and merge it into NA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

Since LO is based in the US, they should shut down EU and merge it into NA

thats another thread and has nothing to do with this

 

the reason playerbase has dropped dramatically is cause of match making. everyday its premades litterally farming solo players... on top of anticheat not doing what its supposed to do (but its apb we are used to that already) 

other games dont allow 4-5 stacks, why does this game not address the root of the problem? 4 man team ruins the match making, period. cut it down to 2 man group or give an option to never face groups as a solo player.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MonkaS said:

not enough players

plenty of players, be full districts, n 90% are golds or high silvers, n been in higher population since the Crisis started 5 months ago.

   We know Golds Cried for desegregation, saying they bored with each other, fighting the same 4 peps cuz they locked in high threat dist. n we had on average 5 golds up there, n a couple high silvers/ gold dethreats that would come to bronze.

 Soon as the Rouge Dev decided to listen to the Forum trolls that never play, Boom we got golds coming out the wood work.

 The only reason all these golds showed up is to farm ez bronze, otherwise they would have been there before. We know we have No anti cheat or this poor excuse for an anticheat BE.  

 I agree haxing has been an issue since b4 LO even came here and striped us of the anticheats we had, but that is what brings all these golds to the game. They left the game cuz they couldn't farm other golds as well as they can farm bronzies/greens, got bored. So now they can, which drove out a few of the Legits playing bronze, so we lost people there but gained 30-40 golds.

 Which the Rogue Dev likes, cuz they dont care about us, just the numbers. If the numbers are high enough their investors will hang on.  So it doesn't matter to LO if for instance mack is mad n wont buy off armas, it doesn't matter if the Gold pays them,

 The only thing that matter to them is the ending numbers, and if you mess with the Golds ability to farm bronzies by grouping up they will play less or leave again cuz they can't take an L.  😭

 Then lets be realistic, You want LO staff to meddle with the codes to change groups, Are U Crazy. 

I wouldnt trust the dev's ability to glue a broken rock together let alone mess with our coding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against the idea but instead of going back and forth between segregating or keeping things more open to allow friends to play together more easily, perhaps going deeper towards the root of the problem would be a good alternative to think about.

 

Of course, at the moment, threat only cares about final mission score. The simple act of pressing F at an objective would give the Player the equivalent of 2.5 kills (250 score) and the team members would also get 1.5 (150) on top of their potential to get kills. As APB stands, If you get an offensive mission and can press F, you can be Gold. Tweaking score on this fact alone would indirectly give more emphasis to actual Player performance (getting kills/arrests), so threat will slightly be more accurate. I'm not saying it is perfect but at this point, any benefit to the matchmaking process should be welcomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Option to challenge to a match player/s of the same threat-can be good addition to the current situation.But idk if this kinda system gonna be easy/possible to implement right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought that having seperate servers for solo and grouped players would solve a lot of this game's problems, but not any longer because hardly anyone plays now, whatever might have worked in the past is just unfeasible now, the game is in terminal decline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not a bad idea. Maybe one day we'll have the pop for it.

Haha. You're funny. As if the APB population is ever gonna go up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Haha. You're funny. As if the APB population is ever gonna go up.

Fresno kit + Anubis revert + Fart thread = Unlimited pop and cash

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2022 at 3:24 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

the problem I see with matchmaking is that there are solo players and then grouped players. if one faction has no gold solo players and the other faction has all premade groups... it will attempt to pool together some silver and bronze players to match the premade team's threat combined threat level. if it cannot match it it will match them anyways then give them the option for backup... which doesn't help at all anyways as it can just create further imbalance.

 

how about you make 1 server for financial & waterfront for grouped players and another for non-grouped players? this way it will have an easier time matching since everyone will be in proper size groups (2,3,4 man) no random players with mis-matched threat vs premades.

 

solo player server will match players alot better also since it will be 40 solo players on each side instead of 4-5 solo players and the rest grouped that aren't using the alliance feature or never call backup anyways.

 

 

Do you want to protect yourself from groups of gold players? And if a silver player with a friend or two friends in the group wants to play, what should they do? Go to the area where they are bent? Why then at all unite in groups? I believe that in order to correct the situation, it is necessary to assign a threat level differently. It is necessary to take into account whether the player plays alone or in a group and with which players he plays. It is obvious that playing in a team gives an advantage, the system does not take this into account. This is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny, i have been saying this for years as its one of the main reason's for the decline of the population. Same people who say there is not enough of a population now are the same people who have been against that exact idea for years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2022 at 8:35 AM, Y2Venom said:

Its funny, i have been saying this for years as its one of the main reason's for the decline of the population. Same people who say there is not enough of a population now are the same people who have been against that exact idea for years.

 

 

right. i mean if they would just cut down the premade team to DUO/2 man only at this point in time it would help a bit more in my opinion... and there is enough people playing for that.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

right. i mean if they would just cut down the premade team to DUO/2 man only at this point in time it would help a bit more in my opinion... and there is enough people playing for that.

 

 

So if I wanna play with 2 or 3 friends I just can’t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

The first problem with this is NA doesn't have enough players for this to even have a chance of working

 

And the second problem is people would group anyways by readying up at the same time


This guy has never tried to play Dark Souls with friends, without using the password system. Whew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know what lets just make it open pvp free for all. it would be fun getting camped at spawn by rpgs all day

 

and next lets make it so when you die you auto drop a nade so theres more explosions

 

eh what does it matter if your gold or not people were always deathreating and tking during ranked matches and now they don't because it's pointless and when i logged into NA last week we had give take 50 on

 

think FE has more people playing/standing around afk then apb, and i bet that has to do with FE having more content then making your toon look fancy and dying to progress ungodly long contact levels past t3

 

funfact on that the last 4 need 20 missions, win or lose does not matter its 20 soild so at that level what is the point of trying? role levels? for what a skin no one uses? yea we need shit to do on top of not being ranked by "threat level"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, CookiePuss said:

So if I wanna play with 2 or 3 friends I just can’t?

for the sake of proper matchmaking? idk you rather ruin the fun for everyone playing just so you can play with 4 players everyday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

idk you rather ruin the fun for everyone playing just so you can play with 4 players everyday?

preventing people from playing with their friends so you can have your desired solo experience isnt really all that different from what you're trying to guilt him over

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...