Sign in to follow this  
Todesklinge

APB need PvE content

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If this community actually gave RIOT a chance maby we would have found matches. But hey everyone shat on it and said they wanted no changes... as it has been since 2014. Well 2022 and no changes, the community got its wish. And if only Tiggs and the old G1 gave 2 $@&*$ about the game. All they wanted was money. Matt had a chance to right the ship but instead ignored the live problems and focused on an engine that couldnt be done. Now its too late.

100% correct

On 2/4/2022 at 9:58 PM, Todesklinge said:

APB need PvE content to keep survining.

As an Enforcer, I'd be happy to have more Environment interaction that extends beyond returning stolen vehicles to an impound station or waiting to witness a criminal mugging or ramraiding.

Problem is they'll never be as worthy/profitable as playing an actual mission and if they did, we'd be escalating the problem of players not wanting to play missions.

------------------------------------------

First, I'd rather see improvements to PvP such as missions becoming more dynamic. They are always the same. You'll know where to be (or /abandonmission) the instant you see the mission title after pressing k. What spots to be at ahead of time, what weapons will do the job better at those spots, etc.

I'd like to see LO place all doors, all cameras, etc in a single pool & have missions randomly assign which one to go to next. Sure, mission description texts will have to be edited but that is an achievable goal that adds replay-ability to each and every mission, without having to literally add new missions that are set in stone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If this community actually gave RIOT a chance maby we would have found matches. But hey everyone shat on it and said they wanted no changes... 

Because it just flat out wasn't good.

• Like 1

RamRaiding Exists...

On 2/4/2022 at 6:58 PM, Todesklinge said:

After this, make a rework with Unreal Engine 4/5 and all is fine.

Thats not how APB was built. To make a proper AI for apb's current maps would be very difficult to do from scratch. Not to mention a competent AI that knows cars are going to blow.

Other games too hundreds of patches to make the AI's they had better for online gaming. Given that Little Orbit is not as big of a company as those out there , I highly doubt they could ever make a proper AI for APB.

Using Unreal Engine 3 is a deadlock.

I do not recall anyone ever claiming it would be easy or a cake walk.

There are so much unfair player in the game, they do kill weaker players. Beginners left the game and this repeats. With PvE non PvP focused players can play APB = $$$ to support the rework.

getting  a better computer and internet is just as important as "getting good"

Also once again making a proper AI is much harder than you are making it sound.

Doing a rework on UE4 is not hard. It is much more easier instead of uprgrade an old engine.

A complete rework means a  "new APB" and with how the rights to APB were sold , this doesn't sound legal to me.

The cost of developing a new APB would not be cheap either and could take years to develop , even if the rights were not sold this could be a bigger problem for a smaller developer such as Little Orbit.

I don't this this is realistic from you. sorry.

Merged.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Benguin said:

we need fresno hydraulics

any update to Fresno kits something would be a  plus

On 2/6/2022 at 4:30 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Because it was an alpha test. It was nowhere near the final release and that was stated from the getgo. But hey we lie in the bed we made so now we have to figure out a way.

There are more PvE Players in the world, with PvE Content, APB can grow in population again.

This is important to support and development the game further.

A modern Engine gives more options to add new content to the game + performance in networking and graphic.

If you take a look in to the Unreal Engine 4 Marketplace, there are much ready to use, content to rebuild APB in big parts.

Thats what i am talking about to make a rework of ABP in UE4/5 and not to try 1.3 -> 2.0 of UE3.

21 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Because it was an alpha test. It was nowhere near the final release and that was stated from the getgo. But hey we lie in the bed we made so now we have to figure out a way.

riot was labeled as a beta by orbit themselves, and the community is not responsible for orbit's decision to shelve riot instead of addressing any of the massive amount of constructive feedback given

I want pve stuff

pvp is also fun, but ya know. Relaxing and just blasting some dumb bots and getting rewards is also cool.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, R3ACT3M said:

I want pve stuff

pvp is also fun, but ya know. Relaxing and just blasting some dumb bots and getting rewards is also cool.

Take a look to GTA5, there are tons of PvE content and it works very well.

APB and GTA 5 are equal, not in its size.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:30 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

are there any current discussions on what game modes or whatever could be possible to do to add content ?

After this, make a rework with Unreal Engine 4/5 and all is fine.

Using Unreal Engine 3 is a deadlock.

There are so much unfair player in the game, they do kill weaker players. Beginners left the game and this repeats. With PvE non PvP focused players can play APB = $$$ to support the rework.

Doing a rework on UE4 is not hard. It is much more easier instead of uprgrade an old engine.

another great post by todesklinge, Hurray the true prophet of apb
in the folder, it goes.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:58 AM, Todesklinge said:

Can we just skip this and send you a copy of GTAV

On 2/14/2022 at 12:26 PM, Fortune Runner said:

are there any current discussions on what game modes or whatever could be possible to do to add content ?

New missions for districts and new gamemodes for fightclub.

There you go.

This not hard to make. But nothing this year. I was wait last year where i read the roadmap.  Not 1 point in the roadmap they did. They maked only the game more dead with  no threads districts. 

as much as i understand how APB works for the past years. a story mode would be awsome for the game. sadly enough i feel like the game is at this moment to old to bring out a single player mode or even a PVE mode. 

I m all for a tutorial mode in the game that actualy explains everything. the closest thing to PVE is Mugging / Ramraiding / car Jacking. but than u can get witnessed if your not carefull enough.

Sign in to follow this