Ritual

02/02 Maintenance Announcement

Hello, everyone!

Our standard server maintenance this week will take place on Wednesday, 02/02/2022. The maintenance is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last about 4 hours.

Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

Thank you for your patience!

Cross-post can be found in the Game Updates.

starting off the new game plan with another empty maintenance slot feels like a poor decision 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glaciers said:

starting off the new game plan with another empty maintenance slot feels like a poor decision 

It’s been less than a week lol, r u serious?

13 hours ago, Nagletz said:

What do you mean they haven't made APB 2 in a week?

13 hours ago, Nagletz said:

why wouldn't i be?

changing the entire dev direction for apb is not a snap decision (or at least it shouldn't be), orbit shot themselves in the metaphorical pr foot with this announcement and i hoped they'd have an aggressive plan to compensate

instead it looks like business as normal, everything on hold until 2.2 1.3

• Like 1

What's the point of maintenance when the servers still crash multiple times?

Change consumables to mods with a cooldown, like they should've been in the first place.

Shit. Sorry, I love APB very much, but the changes that have taken place since the change of developers, I personally would have made without programming experience, but knowing only English, because the changes relate only to rebalances and changing the parameters of what is already in the game. Thus, rebalancing everything and everything, the values of the parameters in text mode (and I am more than sure that many, if not all, are commented out so that the developer does not rip out his brain when editing), I did much more complex things by making much larger changes. Changing the shield consumable and transferring it to the class of abilities used, and the same job in terms of complexity. We look at the parameters of the ammo box, and what class it is assigned to, ctrl+c of the class of the ability and the cooldown time of the ability, ctrl+v these values in the shield parameters and that's it, "hello, I'm a shield ability." Oh my god, the shield ability is already an ability, but is still sold in the consumables section? It doesn't matter, we run again to the ammo box box ... and then the principle is the same. The only real update that required at least some skill was the exchange interface, which works even in combat areas, it's really good and convenient. But the rest is terrible... Devs? Heh

On 2/5/2022 at 3:15 AM, TenkatsuQ said:

Shit. Sorry, I love APB very much, but the changes that have taken place since the change of developers, I personally would have made without programming experience, but knowing only English, because the changes relate only to rebalances and changing the parameters of what is already in the game. Thus, rebalancing everything and everything, the values of the parameters in text mode (and I am more than sure that many, if not all, are commented out so that the developer does not rip out his brain when editing), I did much more complex things by making much larger changes. Changing the shield consumable and transferring it to the class of abilities used, and the same job in terms of complexity. We look at the parameters of the ammo box, and what class it is assigned to, ctrl+c of the class of the ability and the cooldown time of the ability, ctrl+v these values in the shield parameters and that's it, "hello, I'm a shield ability." Oh my god, the shield ability is already an ability, but is still sold in the consumables section? It doesn't matter, we run again to the ammo box box ... and then the principle is the same. The only real update that required at least some skill was the exchange interface, which works even in combat areas, it's really good and convenient. But the rest is terrible... Devs? Heh

There was a really old racing game on PC late 90's early 2000's. I don't remember but I went into the files and changed the weight of the opposition vehicles to barely anything so they could be bashed out of the way and sent flying through the air and I know nothing about programming

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff