TackoGirl

Dear MattScott <3

@MattScott I want to ask you what you did with the servers since apb heard you. i'm sure not all have the problem and I hope I don't get hated just because I complain.

my ping is great and then it beat from 23 ms to 54 ms in one sec, after this lagg my monitor get a freeze for one sec.

I want to play Apb so much but I am so disadvantaged that I have no chance to play a real 1vs1 without laggs and freezes.

before you bought apb i bought a new graphic card (msi gtx 1080) unfortunately it doesn't bring me anything becouse all what i need is a stable server.

the only way is to play on a server with 9 enf and 8 crimes and on this server i get the most time silver enemies and this is lame. i want a E sport ready fight you know ?

there are still ddos attacks? or what the hell i going on, maybe it's my country :'D

The only what i want is PLAY APB but not with this laggy special feature! i don't always want to have to switch to another game when i want to play apb.

Bzw: i close all on my taskmanager, i dont play apb with steam, i add the advanced launcher because I thought it was fps drops but Nothing change this lagggggs.

i thought before i write another support ticket and clog everything up, i better clog the forum and maybe someone can help here.

i'm sorry but i'm not satisfied with this post becouse my friends have no problems, that makes no sense if there are ddos attacks.

thats why i make the post.

Well if your friends have no problems then it isn't the servers causing the issue.

APB is highly CPU intensive, a new GPU won't do anything. I'd either suffer and wait for the engine upgrade, or try different ways to optimize your FPS.

- Advanced APB Launcher can be tweaked and used to get good FPS results.

- Updating drivers usually helps a great deal in improving performance.

- Search around for any other tweaks, but keep in mind that you must do them at your own risk. I have found the following that may be useful:

- Using advanced launcher, keep Particle Space Area on 5-500.

- Turn Off Bloom and Quality bloom. 

- Set shadow fade out distance as 25m (Skip this if you dont want to use Advanced Launcher)

- Defrag your APB folder once in a while. (Real world difference on stutters)

- Disable In-game Anti-Aliasing. Enable from your GPU control panel. (if u need AA)

- Delete all the files from asset cache folder before starting the game)

(https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/392985-apb-performance-increase-guide-2016-kill-fps-drops-and-stutters/)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StaN- said:

- Using advanced launcher, keep Particle Space Area on 5-500.

- Turn Off Bloom and Quality bloom. 

- Set shadow fade out distance as 25m (Skip this if you dont want to use Advanced Launcher)

- Defrag your APB folder once in a while. (Real world difference on stutters)

- Disable In-game Anti-Aliasing. Enable from your GPU control panel. (if u need AA)

- Delete all the files from asset cache folder before starting the game)

(https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/392985-apb-performance-increase-guide-2016-kill-fps-drops-and-stutters/)

I would like to smash some things said there:

- Defragging a "folder" isn't possible and should NOT be done on a SSD.

- I would suggest Particle space area above "7813" (to be sure set it to 8000), else you won't see the fires on the cars and die without seeing it.

Rest of the suggestions is fine.

15 hours ago, TackoGirl said:

i'm sorry but i'm not satisfied with this post becouse my friends have no problems, that makes no sense if there are ddos attacks.

thats why i make the post.

Only for interest, what are your pc specs?

I played for years on an AMD CPU and APB was most of the time a laggfest. After i switched to my new Computer, the laggs immediately stops and 98% the gameplay is smooth as hell on Ultra configs. The joke is, my new system is build with parts that are around 8 years old xD. Best decision i have made.....

My specs:

Mainboard : EVGA x58 FTW3 with socket1366

CPU: Intel Xeon x5675  6x 3,06 GHz socket 1366 (can be overclocked easily up to 4,5GHz)

RAM: 6x 3GB DDR3 RAM (24GB total)

SSD: 256GB Samsung drive

HDD: 2TB HDD drive

Graphic card: 2x NVIDI A GeForce GTX 2GB each in SLI mode

CPU cooling: Corsair Watercooling

Thats all my magic for now.... xD

9 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

Only for interest, what are your pc specs?

I played for years on an AMD CPU and APB was most of the time a laggfest. After i switched to my new Computer, the laggs immediately stops and 98% the gameplay is smooth as hell on Ultra configs. The joke is, my new system is build with parts that are around 8 years old xD. Best decision i have made.....

My specs:

Mainboard : EVGA x58 FTW3 with socket1366

CPU: Intel Xeon x5675  6x 3,06 GHz socket 1366 (can be overclocked easily up to 4,5GHz)

RAM: 6x 3GB DDR3 RAM (24GB total)

SSD: 256GB Samsung drive

HDD: 2TB HDD drive

Graphic card: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2GB each in SLI mode

CPU cooling: Corsair Watercooling

Thats all my magic for now.... xD

I've been playing it for years on an AMD APU, and I've never had any huge issues with stuttering. I still have them, but few and far between, in fact, it's worse on my Intel laptop.

Also, which Geforce cards do you have?

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

I've been playing it for years on an AMD APU, and I've never had any huge issues with stuttering. I still have them, but few and far between, in fact, it's worse on my Intel laptop.

Also, which Geforce cards do you have?

Uhhhhm.... hmmmm, lol i forget it xD

I post it when i am home again in around an hour. 😄

21 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I would like to smash some things said there:

- Defragging a "folder" isn't possible and should NOT be done on a SSD.

Definitely don't do it on an ssd, but using a defragger like Defraggler, you can defrag individual folders.

Even with a high end pc, apb still suffers from freezes and stutters. What you can do is make the framerate as smooth as possible to avoid the fps drops. 

You can do this by just enabling v-sync from the in-game options and then limiting your FPS to 58 with a software like RivaTuner. That way you don't get any mouse input lag. 

• Like 1