CombatMedic02

APB 2022 Roadmap Discussion

4 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I stand corrected, Q1 2014 is a full meme. Is that not the blog post after half the developers left the team?

yeah, pretty sure tiggs was introduced at the same time most of the ex-rtw devs were let go

• Like 2

Something is better than nothing hmm. Funny how they got back on that crossplay train. Right now i don't know how much profit they make from console players, but pitting PC players against console gamers is cruel... Especially when the AC isn't working reliable 1000%.

Just go and see how average mouse-players slaughter pad-players in aim-assisted lobbies in GTA5.

I don't share the sentiment that this will spell the end of APB (surprisingly), it seems more realistic to upgrade and migrate the current game - crossplay could bring a bigger population into the game temporarily. If they don't butcher it.

Let's see...

At least it's realistic.

I stopped spending money on this game once LO took over, empty promises...definitely bit off way more than they could chew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If only Apb got the same Attention and Love as Fallen Earth did in the last few Years..

It looks to me that LO only wanted Fallen Earth but had to buy Apb with it and now they're stuck with 2 Games that are on the Edge of dying.

Anyway good Luck with it.

If LO can get the current game into a very playable state, fixing all the long term issues affecting the game play quality I think players will come back despite the graphics. Disappointing that the upgrade has been cancelled but I believe it was destined to fail given the core game play would have been the same as the current broken mess. Not sure what to expect at this point for APB. Time will tell.

MattScott, I prepared your draft for next year's update (got to have a sense of humor about everything?)

Hello everyone,

This will be my last State of the Game post for APB.

I find that each year, I cant be bothered with these Roadmaps because it takes nearly a month to make up something that ties in with the previous twelve and find the time to write promises I can't keep. Similar to last year, I took some time off at the end of 2022. But this time it was to get divorced. After that, I took a couple weeks to sit with APB and to decide how I want to mislead everyone.

Little Orbit had a very weird 2022.

On the one hand, our external consulting projects went quite well. We helped another publishing partner (Donald Trump) rebuild one of their social media apps and we're about halfway through a massive new game for a different publishing partner. We also have several upcoming announcements coming soon for both internal and external projects that I'm very excited about, and while these announcements won’t be specifically about APB, these accomplishments help us stay healthy so we can continue to try and pretend to get APB where I want it.

On the other hand, APB was a mess this year, as it is every year.

In February, we had a pretty good strategy for telling you how we abandoned the engine upgrade to focus on updates on 1.2 that serve our current player base now. We fired all the folks with experience on Unreal 3. Tossed them out. I got involved personally to help migrate several of their their belongings.

I felt pretty good around mid-year with the population increase that strategy was showing. It seemed like we were down to only a couple of players running around in Financial. It was then that we started hitting the landmines. Our monetary momentum screeched to a halt as several funding issues popped up. We continued to minimize effort into the project, it was very slow going.

November seemed to pick up steam again, and I held out hope that by the end of the year we could finally show off a significant update. But after nearly a month into 2023, we're still not there. We made significant strides and the old APB 1.2 code base is closer to the 2.2 code base we froze than any other previous abominations. We can run around in districts without crashing on Nvidia RTX graphic cards. But getting the quality of life improvements and performance upgrades we wanted to provide users has been proven to be impossible…...[TBC]

Edited by Rade
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Svrcko said:

If only Apb got the same Attention and Love as Fallen Earth did in the last few Years..

It looks to me that LO only wanted Fallen Earth but had to buy Apb with it

you forgot to add /s

5 hours ago, Svrcko said:

It looks to me that LO only wanted Fallen Earth but had to buy Apb with it and now they're stuck with 2 Games that are on the Edge of dying.

So next to nothing?

5 hours ago, Svrcko said:

you want apb to be shut down for two years and then brought back with minimal fixes?

weve basically already done that tbh, just the servers never went offline

• Like 1

IdOOsU6.jpg

Some inspiration for 2022, on the note of style APB is still above all when it comes to customisation. Hope something positive takes place this year,

7 hours ago, Rade said:

-snip-

Forever living rent-free in your head.

1 hour ago, ElectroStingz said:

IdOOsU6.jpg

this cyberpunk letters..so original 😏

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So next to nothing?

?

18 hours ago, glaciers said:

you want apb to be shut down for two years and then brought back with minimal fixes?

weve basically already done that tbh, just the servers never went offline

When did i say anything about shutting down?

Let's be real. QOL is way more important than the engine.
Fixing all the dumb issues in this game will bring back longer-lasting players than that shit.
After the engine the pop will peak for about 2-3 weeks but they will leave after that, since its still the same game with the same old issues.
Even bringing in a fucking queue system would probably boost the pop with 50-70 players.

Edited by Spillra
  • Like 2

News this week?(i hope this weekend)Almost 1 month(4 weeks)since the roadmap was posted.Give us at least once a month update whats going on with the work on 1.30

On 2/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, AlienTM said:

this cyberpunk letters..so original 😏

Not sure if you played the game but I had to use the font so that the phrase below makes sense. "In San Paro style is everything"?

This is quote related to Cyberpunk.

The fact that APB is still far beyond the customisation levels offered in a modern game such as Cyberpunk where, "In Nightcity style is everything", is my inspirational input to the APB devs and community. It's a play on words which maybe now makes more sense to you / everyone else

Edited by ElectroStingz
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, glaciers said:

yeah, pretty sure tiggs was introduced at the same time most of the ex-rtw devs were let go

I mean, after the "gold lock" blunder....

On 2/25/2022 at 9:25 AM, AlienTM said:

News this week?(i hope this weekend)Almost 1 month(4 weeks)since the roadmap was posted.Give us at least once a month update whats going on with the work on 1.30

Agreed

Also, can we start getting some dates and start seeing some movement?

I need you to hurry up and get back to nerfing every single weapon I bought /or use 

2 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Agreed

Also, can we start getting some dates and start seeing some movement?

I need you to hurry up and get back to nerfing every single weapon I bought /or use 

Psh, they only nerfed em because you were using them. Once you caught on they stopped nerfing them to pretend that wasn't the reason.

• Like 1

Probably this stuff they try to implement from 2.2 into 1.30 make the game crashes and is once again "needle in the haystack"Most likely they will announce that the game is going nowhere in the beggining of the next year with the next roadmap..till then is gonna be "is tough but we working on it"

Matt doesn't even post week updates or even month updates anymore... as if we weren't in it before, we are offcialy in a limbo state.

*Matt enters Tiggs' ninja mode*

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2022 at 5:36 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

Psh, they only nerfed em because you were using them. Once you caught on they stopped nerfing them to pretend that wasn't the reason.

🙂

Merged.

I say release the last contact, car and grenade and call it a day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, Poperon said:

Matt doesn't even post week updates or even month updates anymore... as if we weren't in it before, we are offcialy in a limbo state.

*Matt enters Tiggs' ninja mode*

can't really blame there though. He could post stuff when there were things to report, but once they hit a ton of roadblocks, failed to meet the expected roadmap/deadlines due to them, and had to throw out 2.0 for a different "version". They kinda had to go silent and figure out what to do next and ditch timing because it creates expectations and they're likely still hitting roadblocks...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I figured it out guys.

Rank 255 is max rank. But the rank integer only goes to 256. Thus when they tried to add new contacts it crashes the game. 

Saved apb. Thank me later.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I figured it out guys.

Rank 255 is max rank. But the rank integer only goes to 256. Thus when they tried to add new contacts it crashes the game. 

Saved apb. Thank me later.

I wouldn't doubt it. Remember consumables maxing out? Oh wait they still do.