CombatMedic02

APB 2022 Roadmap Discussion

12 hours ago, DOUBLEY said:

Whats this mean for VOIP?  There's a recent game i play that uses VIVOX and think it works great

yea i play 1st person shooter which usin it and works fine(u can also boost ur mic even if is 20 bux headset like mine)

7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

But assuming 1.3 succeeds in going Live, I am hopeful for VOIP because 1.3's will supposedly have modern repositories and code libraries. At that point, I don't see why a voice-protocol won't work if LO and Vivox agree to support VOIP for APB.

indeed must be able to upgrade it..we need confirmation dou

• Like 1

Oh Wow, So Matt is still with LO, had i not clicked that link, I would still think he is AWOL. Why he doesnt just post here or in

Off Topic, cuz its certainly not a post about making friends or talking about last nights ball game, n why would ya have to go to some 'other site'. 

So he wrote all that stuff n not 1 word about the HOSTAGE CRISIS being 153 Days since Rouge Moderators Let Gold Hackers into Bronze, rendering great aid to the hack selling sites revenue, increasing the hackers seen in bronze from 1 or 2 a day to 50 or more blatant hackers galivanting around, increasing the in game toxicity, and in doing so impeached the credibility of any LO staff's Honor, and bringing suspicions of International Wire Fraud into the Ball Game.

I wonder if he even knows or cares what Selali did.

Just a bunch of double talk n rubbish. I am in the wrong business .

This was not just an alleged Federal Crime, its Gamer Treason. 

Moderators knew they were hax, listened to random noob forum trolls begging to let hackers into bronze.

Knew from the last desegregation what it would do to their APB customers.

Judging from Matts last two posts on some off site page, He knows nothing about this.

• Like 2

What a disappointment this is, Matt....
We have been waiting for too long and looks like no one is capable to complete the engine update and at this point no one will be available to finish it. I think LO should consider on finding a new development team capable to finish the new engine or starts from zero with a decent team that can make it in a short time. We know how difficult is to rebuild a game and not everyone can do that, but if you think your team is not capable and at this point, we can clearly see it, recruit new members or re-establish a whole new dev team capable to finish it.

After reading the roadmap, I also think it is a good idea to keep updating the current client until the "new engine" is done.

Edited by Krapler
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Krapler said:

What a disappointment this is, Matt....
We have been waiting for too long and looks like no one is capable to complete the engine update and at this point no one will be available to finish it. I think LO should consider on finding a new development team capable to finish the new engine or starts from zero with a decent team that can make it in a short time. We know how difficult is to rebuild a game and not everyone can do that, but if you think your team is not capable and at this point, we can clearly see it, recruit new members or re-establish a whole new dev team capable to finish it.

After reading the roadmap, I also think it is a good idea to keep updating the current client until the "new engine" is done.

No amount of engine upgrade will save Reloaded now. Matt ignored the live game way too long to save it. Nothing short of APB 2 could revive APB.

Merged.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:46 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

I've been sitting on the side watching for most of 2021. I got on for Halloween and that's bout it with really no time spent on the forums either. Now onto the news https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/1/29/apb-2022-roadmap

@MattScott its too little too late to bring this stuff to APB. In 2021 ppl got tired of waiting, tired of the constant hacker problems and 0 attempts from G1 to actually properly make an effort to resolve this issue. Most weapon rebalancing weren't liked by the community and drove ppl away. Lower threat and new players left in droves after desegregation because they didnt want to get rolled over by golds and by the same said hackers.. Fixing the current live server should have happened years ago when there was still a community, not now after the playerbase has already given up and left. Myself and many others were saying for years that 1.20 needed immediate attention and fixes if you wanted to see the game survive. I've been playing APB since 2011 and id like to play more but the door was shut a long time ago for any hopes of a revival.

Ill give you credit tho for still trying to work on the game and at least showing that you care more then the prior G1 and Tiggs ever did. This roadmap is a good idea but it should have been the roadmap for 2018 or 2019. If that was the case maby the game would have a pop to survive on right now in 2022. I doubt this roadmap will bring enough players back to continue to support the game but if your going to try then these things need immediate attention.

1. Active GMs and a 0 tolerance hacker policy. Get a client side and server side anti hack (that are effective) to detect and prevent ppl from cheating. Get a GM or 2 to watch over any active district to promptly deal with any cheaters that pop up during all hours of the day, NA and EU.

2. Game flaws. Hitreg has always been a known flaw in APB and should have already been addressed years ago. The same thing for matchmaking as its also always been a problem. This goes onto weapon balancing as there's 0 chance you can properly balance a gun when shots don't register as they should. This mainly affects shotties (which you've tried to rebalance)

3. Playerbase behavior. Another one that could have been resolved yrs ago. Dethreating leads to new players leaving the game, it makes matchmaking even worse and was as simple as actually enforcing the TOS and having GMs look for these ppl to warn them or suspend them. Griefing could also be fixed with this.

4. New content. There has been no major new content in APB since 2014. Anyone like myself that has been playing the game forever and have thousands of hrs of playtime suffer some the same thing, repetitive gameplay. We need new events, new guns, a new district or 2 and new unique missions. What we don't need are the same reuse events with no new content, titles are nice and all but they only go so far when everything else the event offers you already own and have owned for several yrs already. Some events you can reuse but put in new stuff so vets have a reason to play them again.

Merged.

Pretty much there giving up on the engine upgrade, thats what this is. Too little too late to save the game tho. Long live Q1 2014.

This right here sums up APB. Its got a bad rep and nothing short of a new game without these problems will do anything to bring a healthy pop back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This right here sums up APB. Its got a bad rep and nothing short of a new game without these problems will do anything to bring a healthy pop back.

Did you just quote yourself you goofball?

• Like 7

Maybe we can finally get the anubis reverted back like they said they would.

Still waiting for that.

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Oh Wow, So Matt is still with LO, had i not clicked that link, I would still think he is AWOL. Why he doesnt just post here or in

Off Topic, cuz its certainly not a post about making friends or talking about last nights ball game, n why would ya have to go to some 'other site'. 

So he wrote all that stuff n not 1 word about the HOSTAGE CRISIS being 153 Days since Rouge Moderators Let Gold Hackers into Bronze, rendering great aid to the hack selling sites revenue, increasing the hackers seen in bronze from 1 or 2 a day to 50 or more blatant hackers galivanting around, increasing the in game toxicity, and in doing so impeached the credibility of any LO staff's Honor, and bringing suspicions of International Wire Fraud into the Ball Game.

Moderators knew they were hax, listened to random noob forum trolls begging to let hackers into bronze.

Judging from Matts last two posts on some off site page, He knows nothing about this.

We all believe you type rubbish and a noob random troll. You are begging to have segregation back so you could have a much easy matchmaking against newer players. 

What are you a max rank silver? 

With or without segregation I don’t think it makes any differences as new players get sh*t stomp all the time by higher ranks and everyone knows this when they first started. Those who do continue to play usually the ones that can beat de-threaters and end up being Gold in a short amount of playtime.

At least on NA there is a bit of population to play on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

"Hostage Crisis". "Federal Crimes". "Fraud". "Gamer Treason".

You need to see a doctor. And I'm not joking when I say that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

We all believe you type rubbish and a noob random troll.

I just finished with Mr. "Everybody lie" and Mr. "We ALL believe" appears. Are you able to speak for yourself/selves and not for others?  No one asked me what I think about this McBolton or whatever is his (I hope "her") name. In any case, I find him funny, in a certain way... just like AdolfiaReptilary and his alts. Kek.

NO PLEASE! I know you're here! I withdraw the first part! I apologize!

Edited by GoPlayUWO

2 hours ago, Deadliest said:

You are begging to have segregation back so you could have a much easy matchmaking against newer players. 

Dont try to turn this around n Victim Blame. Selali listened to fresh noob names calling for desegregation, knowing they were hackers So U n people like U could come farm bronze with your sticky aim, and so the hax site could make more money off subscriptions, that U guys talk about paying for in Dist chat. 

What R U Ayali's Alt?  And What Newer players, you talkin bout the T's exploiting cash for their mains, or U talkin bout the Level 12 golds that have names that look like a cars VIN number. thats ok, I can see Your involved as well. 

Judging from the names in this thread, None of ya play the game

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
more
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Dont try to turn this around n Victim Blame. Selali listened to fresh noob names calling for desegregation, knowing they were hackers So U n people like U could come farm bronze with your sticky aim, and so the hax site could make more money off subscriptions, that U guys talk about paying for in Dist chat. 

What R U Ayali's Alt?  And What Newer players, you talkin bout the T's exploiting cash for their mains, or U talkin bout the Level 12 golds that have names that look like a cars VIN number. thats ok, I can see Your involved as well. 

generally people don't play games that frustrate them to the point of making multiple forum rant posts, maybe take a hint

7 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Oh please no one here wants to farm bronze, only you a max rank silver begging for segregation back, so you could farm newbies and wanting to avoid going against veteran golds as you makes excuses as they are all cheaters. Truth is anyone would be able to beat you without cheats just face facts, you are bad at the game and there’s no way LO can compensate you, by making the game easy when you already in a disadvantage and a handicap player with more than 1000+ hours game time. 

is it my fault? There is more bronze players in the district or who I go up against. I am just a player in the game just like you who has no control who you go up against. 

All you do is make assumptions, I don’t even have my own local server to play on, you don’t see us with 200ping complaining. They even merge HAN to NA and the population on NA is dead during night time. 

So the segregation has to be made for NA as it’s more appealing for players to play in one district where it has 30|30+ than 10/10. 

Edited by Deadliest

2021: new server in Poland
Engine Update
New contacts
New events
New cars/weapons etc.

2022: Nothing new. keep Inappropriate language removed.    - Azukii our lovely game.

🤬

On 1/31/2022 at 7:20 PM, AsgerLund said:

pls add Fresno kit

only logged in to second this

actually i'll do an edit

everyone is salty AF in here, clearly says that the work they have done has enabled them to create the tools they were missing in the first place, which was the whole point of the upgrade, so now they can actually do something with the engine (current) that they were previously unable to do.

it might come to nothing, but the only way they truly fail is if they give up completely and walk away (looking at you Behaviour Eternal Crusade Dev Team) 

so the very fact that they are still willing to put up with all this bullshoot from you people, would suggest that they are either really passionate about the game or just as stubborn as the rest of you...

Edited by Seadee
wanted to say more because i read the rest of the thread
  • Like 2

As a proud player from India since G1 days who has been lurking on the forums in hopes to see this game which is one of a kind and way ahead of it's time to get neglected by every company that touches it. What I don't understand is why did it take 4 years for the project lead to decide that the Engine upgrade is not achievable. This game can still break the market even now for how unique it is. I feel Matt and team should try to make small optimizations to the current build to improve performance and also add certain features that will allow streamers and players to play without griefers. I feel like LO tried to bite more than they could chew with APB. The way things have progressed APB 2 seems more realistic unless LO manage to get funding or an experienced development team to take over and get the job done. We as APB fans are not even angry anymore just disappointed. Right now there are more chances of Jesus returning / Aliens making contact with us than the Engine upgrade ever coming to fruition.

~Best Player from the Indian Subcontinent.

6 hours ago, Seadee said:

so the very fact that they are still willing to put up with all this bullshoot from you people, would suggest that they are either really passionate about the game or just as stubborn as the rest of you...

this is somehow beautiful..

Edited by AlienTM

Hi everyone,

I've had to remove a significant amount of posts as they had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Please remain on-topic or unfortunately we will have to close this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Azukii

6 hours ago, Azukii said:

Hi everyone,

I've had to remove a significant amount of posts as they had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Please remain on-topic or unfortunately we will have to close this topic.

- Azukii

Why are you trying to censor the Anubis revert? What are you hiding?

6 hours ago, Azukii said:

Please remain on-topic or unfortunately we will have to close this topic.

41 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why are you trying to censor the Anubis revert? What are you hiding?

This Mod is one of the Legit Mods and isn't interested in censorship, they are however trying to keep the posts Topic related because of the Forum Trolls insulting and trying to argue with players about off topic semantics. 

I think the real question here is Who will they hire and When to actually Deliver on this Road-Map, this needs to be worked on Dailey, all day, every day. I don't believe that 'Dabbling at it once every 3 months n then returning to Exile will do the job.

Where is this Extra Dev they said they hired, n what does he/she do. How bout some feedback the Him/Her

Just now, MACKxBOLAN said:

This Mod is one of the Legit Mods and isn't interested in censorship, they are however trying to keep the posts Topic related because of the Forum Trolls insulting and trying to argue with players about off topic semantics. 

I think the real question here is Who will they hire and When to actually Deliver on this Road-Map, this needs to be worked on Dailey, all day, every day. I don't believe that 'Dabbling at it once every 3 months n then returning to Exile will do the job.

Where is this Extra Dev they said they hired, n what does he/she do. How bout some feedback the Him/Her

The Anubis revert is a serious concern. And now that they are focusing on the current game rather than the engine update maybe we can get such a thing.

But when the mods remove a post about the Anubis revert it really gets the mind going. What conspiracy is behind it? What is the mod and staff team hiding? Why have they still not done the Anubis revert? These are the questions we should be asking.

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What conspiracy is behind it? What is the mod and staff team hiding?

I've givin this hypothesis a long look, including my own thoughts regarding conspiresy. And I dont mean to insult here, I'm just being realistic. In order to have a Conspiresy, you need 2 or more persons, with both or all involved having knowledge of the others intent and means, and where all parties involved work for a common goal, generally an illegal or IN-ethical goal.

Now lets consider the ability of the staff we have now, and their knowledge of each others actions.

We know matt only comes once every 4 months to work, n has absolutelly no knowledge of what the Dev employee does, 

such as desegregation, gun nerfs ect. 

The forum moderator that likes to Censor is just a volunteer barrowed from FE, that has very little if any techie knowledge of the game, but could be a player, but has no connection to the one Dev we have. 

These people couldn't wire a light bulb let alone fraud a Wire. 

Its more like when your brother in law needs a job n money so they send ya out to paint the old barn that is falling down, or go check the bicycle tires for air, even thought they no bicycle frame to put em on. 

So to look busy they nerf a gun now n then, go out n pick up all the news papers in the drive way. Its not conspiresy,

its Job Security. 

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The Anubis revert is a serious concern. And now that they are focusing on the current game rather than the engine update maybe we can get such a thing.

But when the mods remove a post about the Anubis revert it really gets the mind going. What conspiracy is behind it? What is the mod and staff team hiding? Why have they still not done the Anubis revert? These are the questions we should be asking.

What do you mean by revert? Was the change a buff or nerf? I remember the custom crosshair being tweaked, but nothing else. APB:DB doesn't list the changes either,

9 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

What do you mean by revert? Was the change a buff or nerf? I remember the custom crosshair being tweaked, but nothing else. APB:DB doesn't list the changes either,

It originally came out and was trash. Then G1 sort of buffed/fixed it so that it was still kinda meh but played really well and was fun to use. Then G1 accidentally put a nerf on it that wasn't intended. Then Little Orbit half fixed it/reverted it but its still not fully reverted back to when it was its best like they said they would do. Now its been years.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, CookiePuss said:

Did you just quote yourself you goofball?

Yes I did. Did ya miss me?