CombatMedic02

APB 2022 Roadmap Discussion

Edited by ComFeyer: the 2022 roadmap can be read here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/1/29/apb-2022-roadmap

Can't say I'm not disappointed but I understand the development hell that the new Engine has been in for a while now. I'm just gutted that until the RTX crashes get fixed I can't jump into the game for more then half an hour these days without crashing to desktop and while I'm happy that these issues are on the road map for updating the current version of the game does this mean I'm going to have to wait another year before being able to play the game again?

Feeling a bit disheartened is all. Will there even be players left playing the game when I finally can get back in to play it? Are LO going to advertise the current version of the game when it's updated instead of the engine upgrade since it's no longer being worked on? I have a few questions but most of all I would just like to be able to play again without crashing every 5 minutes.

Hopefully the RTX issues will be fixed sooner rather then later, still holding out hope anyway.

CombatMedic02

Edited by ComFeyer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I think a lot of people for a long time saw an engine upgrade like a remastering of APB with the offerings of better performance and potential for new technology to be utilised, It was an exciting thought.
But I think this announcement has been a realistic review of the complicated unique creature that APB is with it's coding and engine.

Personally I feel a level of acceptance of the facts, and I think we all knew deep down that this was likely to be the outcome.

• Like 6

It was all a crooked Lie, to get us few legits to buy their trash guns, they removed the anti cheats, removed allot of the fun factors

ie, nerfing the wheelies from vegas after people bought them, then they desegregated after listening to the non-name trolls that come in here instead of listening to paying customers. Letting all kinds of hackers in. As soon as the 5 legits in NA started complaining they started their Cancel Culture Program where the Criminals that work for the Forum started going after legits.

Lets remember before desegregation we had maybe 5 golds n 5 non golds in all of NA, now we've got 50 golds with loose names like 3X69tutu all aimbotting using hax they bought off sites that I believe LO owns, why else would they knowingly let hackers into bronze, knowing it would push out the few legits. Only reason is that they are making more money off the hack site than thru armas 

18 U.S. Code § 1343 - Fraud by wire, radio, or television

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

So Mack's gonna drop a dime to the Federal Trade Commission and I would highly suggest to U Moderators that U cooperate with Federal Investigators. Coming clean will not exempt you from prosecution but will surely lighten your sentence 

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/1/29/apb-2022-roadmap

2018: "We have to upgrade the engine to implement some of the features that will fix the game"

2022: "Actually, we just gonna implement them into the old version lol"

What am I missing? If you could do that, why didn't you do it from the start?

Also, what about the port to UE4. Is it still happening? Was it ever? @MattScott

These are actual quotes from the official blog.

"...we are committed to upgrading APB Reloaded to the Unreal 4 engine."
"...our 2nd team is working on Unreal 4. This will not be a short project, but it has lots of milestones along the way."

This "2nd team" has been apparently working on UE4 for over 3 years now, anything to show?

Edited by Uke
  • Like 5

It would also be nice to see an anticheat for this version of the game if we plan on sticking to it.

It's not as big an issue as people make it out to be (in terms of how many cheaters there are) but it's definitely something to consider.

• Like 1

I can still remember a post from i believe it was Tiggs saying in 2013 / 2014 that the Engine Upgrade was "very close to completion".

Also feels like LO bit of more then they could chew, 4 years of LO developing and we still dont have the EU.

Its almost as if they kept dangling the EU like a carrot on a stick to keep the community spending $$. :^)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

I can still remember a post from i believe it was Tiggs saying in 2013 / 2014 that the Engine Upgrade was "very close to completion".

Tiggs was rarely honest about what she said, a lot of the things were just bait and flat out lies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"[...] What this means practically is that rather than chase large engine upgrade that remains out of reach, we can focus on updates that serve our current player base now, so you guys can finally benefit from some of our work".

So we'll see the light soon™. And you were worried about the silence surrounding the game. Patience is a sweet virtue. 

Tbh, I'm more worried about this one:

"[...] Similar to last year, I took some time off at the end of 2021. But this time it was to get married. After that, I took a couple weeks to sit with APB and to decide how I want to proceed".

So did he marry APB? And why is he sitting and not lying with it? What if they split? O.o

Anyway, the most important thing is that you keep spending real money in this game to keep it alive. Kek.

Hello.

I am here to say "I told you so"

- Me from 4 years ago.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

lol welcome back.

Sorry. I got banned for 6 months.

If I understood correctly, the engine upgrade is ... postponed? 

And instead they'll maintain the current game.

Basically it's to see if I've understood it correctly. With this plan, they want to leave the game ready for a migration to 2.2. That is why they are going to change and modify functional things in the game (64bits and others...), but as for the graphics of the engine, it will be by the time they have everything ready, right?

Merged.

On 1/29/2022 at 4:11 PM, Hyoe said:

If I understood correctly, the engine upgrade is ... postponed? 

And instead they'll maintain the current game.

I think that visually there will be no changes until they improve the game in general (performance, loading times and other "functional" problems that the game has).

They should make APB more like runescape. I think that would fix a lot of problems.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

They should make APB more like runescape. I think that would fix a lot of problems.

you're exhausting.

• Like 2

So, we went from "we have to make the engine upgrade to fix the game" to "we're gonna upgrade the live game with X features to maintain it"

So the graphical downgrade is postponed (game looks patootie to begin with anyways due to the changes G1 did in the early days of the game) and back-end stuff is being changed.

Excuse me? What took so long? What exactly will these new things bring us? What benefits will the end user get? Will it fix the broken weapons, cars, missions, stutters, awful designer bugs and all the arbitrary and anti new player limits this game has? Will we have all 3 fight club maps running simulatenously? Will we have new content in form of new maps, vehicles, clothing etc? New tutorial? I don't even wanna delve into the anti-cheat issues this game has, as this is a concern in all f2p games that aren't Valorant. A major shake up is needed for this game to get remotely any players back and it's needed now.

Again, the devs show us time and time again that they have no end-goal how their game should be and how it should be played.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been sitting on the side watching for most of 2021. I got on for Halloween and that's bout it with really no time spent on the forums either. Now onto the news https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/1/29/apb-2022-roadmap

@MattScott its too little too late to bring this stuff to APB. In 2021 ppl got tired of waiting, tired of the constant hacker problems and 0 attempts from G1 to actually properly make an effort to resolve this issue. Most weapon rebalancing weren't liked by the community and drove ppl away. Lower threat and new players left in droves after desegregation because they didnt want to get rolled over by golds and by the same said hackers.. Fixing the current live server should have happened years ago when there was still a community, not now after the playerbase has already given up and left. Myself and many others were saying for years that 1.20 needed immediate attention and fixes if you wanted to see the game survive. I've been playing APB since 2011 and id like to play more but the door was shut a long time ago for any hopes of a revival.

Ill give you credit tho for still trying to work on the game and at least showing that you care more then the prior G1 and Tiggs ever did. This roadmap is a good idea but it should have been the roadmap for 2018 or 2019. If that was the case maby the game would have a pop to survive on right now in 2022. I doubt this roadmap will bring enough players back to continue to support the game but if your going to try then these things need immediate attention.

1. Active GMs and a 0 tolerance hacker policy. Get a client side and server side anti hack (that are effective) to detect and prevent ppl from cheating. Get a GM or 2 to watch over any active district to promptly deal with any cheaters that pop up during all hours of the day, NA and EU.

2. Game flaws. Hitreg has always been a known flaw in APB and should have already been addressed years ago. The same thing for matchmaking as its also always been a problem. This goes onto weapon balancing as there's 0 chance you can properly balance a gun when shots don't register as they should. This mainly affects shotties (which you've tried to rebalance)

3. Playerbase behavior. Another one that could have been resolved yrs ago. Dethreating leads to new players leaving the game, it makes matchmaking even worse and was as simple as actually enforcing the TOS and having GMs look for these ppl to warn them or suspend them. Griefing could also be fixed with this.

4. New content. There has been no major new content in APB since 2014. Anyone like myself that has been playing the game forever and have thousands of hrs of playtime suffer some the same thing, repetitive gameplay. We need new events, new guns, a new district or 2 and new unique missions. What we don't need are the same reuse events with no new content, titles are nice and all but they only go so far when everything else the event offers you already own and have owned for several yrs already. Some events you can reuse but put in new stuff so vets have a reason to play them again.

Merged.

Pretty much there giving up on the engine upgrade, thats what this is. Too little too late to save the game tho. Long live Q1 2014.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Am I wrong?

I can't comment about runescape as I know nothing about it but they were probably referring to the large amount of posts you've made in such a short time. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I can't comment about runescape as I know nothing about it but they were probably referring to the large amount of posts you've made in such a short time. 

I apologise for interacting and participating in the AP community.

• Like 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

L