Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

some ideas from a player with almost 10k hours

I've played a lot of APB and I am friends with a lot of people who have played a lot of APB. Many of whom have quit the game. some of their reasons are big and hard to fix but some are smaller and not at all too much to ask for. 

-It takes too long to level.

(I don't think this would be too hard to change. Just increase how much XP we get as mission rewards. The game has drastically less players than back in the day, so missions are farther inbetween and leveling takes longer. when I hit max rank in like 2015 I was at about 800 hours on 1 character. Which is entirely too much and most people don't ever put that much time into ANY game. let alone a single character.)

5edb3323c0a9cc53f68ba8939402e8bf.png not even max

-Not having a contact in a specific district

(Though I am aware this one will be disputed because it would make it so 1 map is obsolete most the time, I do feel there is people out there who may have quit because they got tired of that endless wait for financial east to populate. This change would help with my first point as well. That 800 hours of leveling was when i had option of playing waterfront or financial at like all times of the day.)

s40Ky8U.jpgrDkotlN.jpg 

-Buffing bad guns, leaving "good" guns alone

(An issue I and others I have spoken to are having is that we have played this game for so long that we have played the same guns over and over. This is largely due to the fact there is some guns that are just not viable and its not due to the fact that NTEC is just drastically better, because it isn't. Its due to the fact that a handful of guns have been nerfed and buff so many time while the others remain the same and left in the dust. I feel that buffing these less used guns would add some spice to the lives of the remaining playerbase.)

HmIe0bY.jpg NO point in even taking them out

-Arma/ingame rewards for forum activity and testing activity

(Over the years  we've seen many changes to the game and most of those changes were not at all what the community/game wanted or needed. I've thought about it for a long time and even spoken to others and we feel it is due to the fact that only a very small fraction of the community actually comes on the forums and responds to suggestions and questions (some of the people who respond DONT EVEN PLAY the game anymore and just enjoy posting on the forum because they have friends and such.) In OSRS they have polls, which is an ingame way of voting on changes the devs are going to make. Another idea would be maybe giving clothing/currency/cars/guns/JT/titles for those who vote.)

ypvxKsP.png

-Slotted secondary weapons

(Another one that people might not agree with, BUT I do feel it would add some spice to the gameplay.)

-Reward and promote content creators/streamers

(The APB community has some very creative and cool people in it (also some horrible ones) and they all stream and create videos. They upload these videos and those videos get more views than the game has active players. This is FREE ADVERTISING. Utilize them, embrace this and do what rust did. Rust and other games literally have stuff in their games named/designed around their content creators. I recently played a game  and they literally promote their streamers ingame on the menu screen(I'm aware something like that would need engine upgrade) but its still an idea.)

-The tutorial still sucks

(The tutorial teaches people the basics(kinda) but it just throws them in and doesn't help them with things like what mods are best for a gun/character/car. I've seen people with high-mag scope on an OCA and think its their fault they're not killing their enemy who "has the same gun" as them. Also give more rewards from the tutorial, these people need like 100k by the time they're done with the tutorial. The tutorial give like 1k which gets you like 1 shirt and a haircut.)

4ROJSl5.jpg

-Reducing civilians and civilian vehicles

(The game and server don't run very well sometimes, The reducing of how many civ cars and civilians on the map will allow the server to put those resources else where.)

-Parked civ cars

( Making it so some of the civ cars are parked and not moving would also help with server performance.)

-Quality of Life shaders/config features

(Currently a big debate is configs and if or if not they're unfair, I am personally in the mindset they are not. But, many do not agree, which puts them and new players at a disadvantage, either because they do not know how to put it in, fear being banned (because of the next person ->) or they have these principles where they refuse to do anything that isn't clearly allowed. I feel like adding some of these things into the game itself would help.)

-Embracing and rewarding player made guides

(There is some good  AND in depth guides made by players. Put them ingame)

These are just some things that could help.

Anyone who has any ideas they would like me to to add to this post, please comment them or dm me on something and I'll add them

@MattScott The game is dying but not dead, people come back all the time. Make it easier for us to progress and play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things members of the community have told me since I made the post

-The editor isn't as good as it could be

(Waiting for elaboration)

-Moveable minimap and customizable HUD

(Being able to enable and disable certain aspects of the HUD would be nice, It would remove clutter at higher resolutions and it would also help streamers to hide their group so to avoid stream snipers.)

-Colorable crosshair

(the dynamic vanilla recolorable)

-Remove the tax off the market

(Its pointless)

-Lower the price of in game guns

(Its a drain on the little money we get from missions, I know some players who don't get to play often so their guns keep running out and they cant afford to buy another.)

-remove the 3 mods a day limit

-remove the "useable in 2 minutes" thing

-remove the 3 mail limit

Edited by lvrq

I'm all for reducing vehicles but not civilians, I like to herd those into mugging zones, mugging is the quickest way to level up. I haven't a clue what a config is. The tutorial is useless, as a cop character it said witness a crime but didn't tell me how so after three weeks stuck I gave up on him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lvrq said:

Things members of the community have told me since I made the post

-The editor isn't as good as it could be

(Waiting for elaboration)

eh i think the editor is nice just wish you didnt have to have premium to expand on things maybe make it so premium has more designs?

-Moveable minimap and customizable HUD

(Being able to enable and disable certain aspects of the HUD would be nice, It would remove clutter at higher resolutions and it would also help streamers to hide their group so to avoid stream snipers.)

i agree to a point most streamers can cover up things on there stream though so you cant really stream snipe them.  you can also add a delay in video so its hard for them to get to you.

-Colorable crosshair

(the dynamic vanilla recolorable)

i agree crosshairs in general make it a little more fun and interesting and might actually help some new players shoot better

-Remove the tax off the market

(Its pointless)

I dissagree almost all games i have played with a market there is always a tax but its usually a set ammount and you can figure out the price.  Just make it an easy 5% or if its under a certain price free.

-Lower the price of in game guns

(Its a drain on the little money we get from missions, I know some players who don't get to play often so their guns keep running out and they cant afford to buy another.)

for cops this is a big deal because the only way they earn money is by mission while crims can rob places and turn stuff in and make a good chunk of change.  yes they have ltl but when you get teammates that kill your stunned guys it really sucks.

-Remove R195 restriction for mods
-Stop nerfing everything and making meaningless buffs, or overbuffing, OR nerfing one gun and buffing the alternative, usually end up in the same place you started

-Stop putting guns into the grave (which by the way creates the problem of 1 gun becoming too powerful, simply because alternatives have been nuked)

-Controversial revert the pioneer and espacio. They're genuinely pointless now with the vegas 4x4 still existing and matt himself said in one of the dev streams there's a vehicle counter nade coming YEAH I WENT BACK AND WATCHED THEM ALL, SOME OF YOU SHOULD TOO *cough* 1000 new players a day *cough*

-Stop listening to people that don't play the game, or barely play (maybe listen to the streamers that put in working class hours into your game, they might have this thing called, uh, I dunno... experience relative to the current balance and not boomers from 8 years ago when the pop peaked in 2014 who log on once a month and give a thumbs up when the guns they hate the most don't ruin their kd as much)

-Bring back 50/50 districts (or more if possible? Who cares about performance impact, game barely runs as it is, and 20 extra people helps alleviate the disaster headache that is matchmaking)

-Anticheat, BE is disgustingly easy to bypass, EAC is free now, even if the backend doesn't work, or whatever the problem allegedly was, it was better than BE

-More account bound weapons (yes some of us nerds have disposable income we'd instantly waste on those. It's disposable to us for a reason, you'd probably rather have it than idk, the liquor store or something, free $ for some text edits bud, and don't give me any nonsense about it's not just a text edit, you're not building kernals from scratch and the community members that claim it's hard either don't know or don't understand your backend and frontend, unless you've done the silly thing of giving them access to how it works)

-Account bound vehicles (more $ for idk, whatever you do with the games income)

None of these take a brand new engine to do

• Like 2

1)  As for me, it is necessary to nerf the secondary weapon, it should be significantly inferior to the main one. Now this does not happen, and there are a huge number of cases when pistols shoot Assault Rifles, and even more stupidly when machine guns shoot down submachine guns.
2)   I disagree about the reduction in the number of civilian cars. We must improve the game, and this, on the contrary, will cut its quality.
3)   In general, I would like to increase the amount of online in areas with tasks. And focus on making more people participate in the average mission, the game becomes damn cool and exciting when about 10 people run on one task from each side and we must strive to increase the number of players on tasks. Can we raise the maximum online on the server?
4)Increasing the speed of liaison leveling is a good idea. I have been playing apb since my school days, which is about 7 years old, and during this time I just reached the final liaisons not long ago. This is stupid, at the moment the game is not sweet compared to new games and cutting or by making the content too long, we are pushing away the small number of people who would like to join the community.
5)One of the big problems is games with lack of balance. There are constant fights between bronze players and gold and bronze and silver players, such missions lose their meaning and are a waste of time.
 Once I brought 5 friends into the game, we went in and played two missions, gold players came across against us and killed moss friends. After that, all five said that the game was unbalanced and they all left the game, 5 PEOPLE, just took it and left. That is, in total, I brought 7 people to the game, of which 5 did not play because of the balance. We need to solve problems with the balance. The system with a division into gold and bronze servers worked well, it would be better to return it or think of something working.