porcupine_omg

HELLO!?!?!? LAST UPDATE DECEMBER 3RD HELLO!?!?!?!?

11 hours ago, glaciers said:

except we had the opportunity to test the engine upgrade from orbit, and it was different from the g1 console version

Im sure most of the work we tested was already made by G1/RP.Since last spring LO started all over again and the result we have till now is 0

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GhosT said:

Honestly, quit and move on if you can't wait.

There's no point in crying. It won't make them push it out faster.

you underestimate my power..

jokes apart you got to admit that this point the engine upgrade has been going on for longer than the time it took to develop APB itself.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

APB is a lot of things, but it ain’t that.

It absolutely could be, but even the mangiest of cows needs to be fed in order to produce.

They made the smoke bomb and gonna keep the servers running until they die. As long as they get money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

They made the smoke bomb and gonna keep the servers running until they die. As long as they get money.

what money

they've already had to sell the ip for a cash bailout, apb clearly hasn't been profitable for a long time

30 minutes ago, glaciers said:

what money

they've already had to sell the ip for a cash bailout, apb clearly hasn't been profitable for a long time

What happened to the chinese that got APB ip?

10 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

What happened to the chinese that got APB ip?

Couple of years ago they sell the ip(probably)to some Hong Kong company called Unit game but kept all the rights to APB Reloaded(go figure)Interesting fact is that this happen when there was riots in Hong Kong for weeks.This a side..the company was supose to do something with the ip-idk if to bring the game to mobile or something else.Years past and no birds from dat nest either...

Edited by AlienTM

6 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Couple of years ago they sell the ip(probably)to some Hong Kong company called Unit game but kept all the rights to APB Reloaded(go figure)Interesting fact is that this happen when there was riots in Hong Kong for weeks.This a side..the company was supose to do something with the ip-idk if to bring the game to mobile or something else.Years past and no birds from dat nest either...

This game is ded. Not even the Dragon balls can bring it back alive.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:09 PM, Bellenettiel said:

you underestimate my power..

jokes apart you got to admit that this point the engine upgrade has been going on for longer than the time it took to develop APB itself.

Yeah.. most likely, but you gotta consider that there's effectively 3 companies working through the engine upgrade already, and how much of a spaghetti code APB is.

A second cook can't just continue the meal someone else started, and a third will certainly ruin it, so they've basically restarted from scratch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

Yeah.. most likely, but you gotta consider that there's effectively 3 companies working through the engine upgrade already, and how much of a spaghetti code APB is.

A second cook can't just continue the meal someone else started, and a third will certainly ruin it, so they've basically restarted from scratch.

This thread is redundant, and topics like this tend to divulge into pointless analogies or arguments. The reality is all you can do is keeping eating the BS they are feeding you or turn a blind eye to it and hopefully your wallet too.

When vacationboy comes back I imagine it will go something like this: "Hey guys we did all this work and got nowhere, the team got exhausted dealing with it but they were able to enjoy their holidays and come back to work fresh, so maybe definitely probably this year we do the engine upgrade!!!" 

EDIT: Sorry let me address something in post.. I did not mean to insult anyone trying to help develop/code this game in it's current state nor have I ever. The developers of the current team that actually are doing things and working out the kinks of the system: I'm sure have plenty of great things to add to a resume after this. But the engine upgrade has always been a carrot on a stick for the community. It takes an entire team to make a game and it takes just as many to screw it up but no single person is solely responsible. (unless you count revoemag)

Edited by guren
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tumbies said:

should prob do something about all the multi-banned cheaters and trolls who live on this game and basically make it unplayable 

yeah it'd be nice if LOrbit actioned cheats instead of just muting people in district chat venting their frustration about said cheats... priorities i suppose

Edited by stateofthegame

Give APB to GTA 5 (FiveM) modders and the engine will be released in a couple of months. 

27 minutes ago, Zombication said:

Give APB to GTA 5 (FiveM) modders and the engine will be released in a couple of months. 

100%
Pretty sure this game in some good hands would've been amazing. So much potential.
I'd like to be able to see what Little Orbit is doing all day. The only way to have no progress to show is literally doing nothing.

18 hours ago, Zombication said:

I’d play this 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, GhosT said:

Yeah, nonetheless the mismanagement of the upgrade is sadly evident. I genuinely hoped some gaming company would have taken some inspiration from what made APB so addictive tho and improve upon it.
No hopes for it to be bought by anyone soon, it already falls within the borders of old games by now. Supporting it is hard.

The user generated clothes and other features is something sadly only a few online games or games in general have replicated. 

Hey, April is near, maybe it was just a very smart april's joke, there's no engine upgrade.