Berkshire

Advertising?

Hi all,

Besides the late release of the engine upgrade and lack of content, it seems like the game is seriously struggling to even peak 500 players. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to advertise the game (not with your own money) by TikTok, YouTube etc. I’m not much of a creator if I was I’ll do it myself but I do believe if we all come together and get new players in, it will help the game massively. 

I know what you all are thinking… “new comers will not stand a chance against vets” but it’s all about getting the numbers up. 

Let me know what you all think about this.

It would be good to show all the customisation options, with the custom symbols you can make and have a montage of all the different cars characters and designs that you come across in the game, all edited together well but I don't even know how to record game footage on PC games, I just found out screenshots. Last night getting into my car I froze holding the door open, usually it fixes itself but I was frozen for ages and found I could drive the car, door open while my character was frozen stood in the road with the view from my character so I couldn't drive far or I'd lose sight of the car. The only way to fix it was to crash the car until it said suicide so I was actually in the car but the view was from the character stood there frozen with his arm out not from the vehicle. I'd have liked to record that.

Nobodys interested in the game anymore.Not even Summ1t from twitch.Also Matt said that aint gonna advertise the game before the engine upgrade.Dead end = )

p.s. the peak is 300 idk from where you got this 500

Edited by AlienTM

advertising current apb is worthless, the game is already infamous for being a flaming trainwreck, and any unfortunate new players who didnt already know about apb wont stick around for long enough to significantly affect the population anyway

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

Nobodys interested in the game anymore.Not even Summ1t from twitch.Also Matt said that aint gonna advertise the game before the engine upgrade.Dead end = )

p.s. the peak is 300 idk from where you got this 500

Go to steam charts and search apb, the peak is mid 400’s I was just rounding up. 

15 minutes ago, glaciers said:

advertising current apb is worthless, the game is already infamous for being a flaming trainwreck, and any unfortunate new players who didnt already know about apb wont stick around for long enough to significantly affect the population anyway

This is why I've been giving away vehicles and mods, it's probably guns they need but I only use the rented guns for cash that expire in 10 days so I have no guns to give.

I just wish people would just try and revive APB instead of hating on it and giving it a bad name. The community knows the lack of care companies give this game but it doesn’t need to let down by the players 😕

• Like 1

Repetita iuvant: reason why you - in general - wanna promote/advertise/whatever this game in its current (read: past (and near future?) state is something beyond me. Besides the EU, besides lack of new contents, besides all the problems APB community highlights every single day on forum, you are "interested" in "getting the numbers up". Long story short: "let's pull the wool over people's eyes over and over". Mind you, it can work for some days, but people is not that stupid, realizing spending money in this game is useless if you can't see any improvement in short time. Advertising an already well known (infamous?) "broken" game is not a smart move. Read what people type on Steam: this can/should be a good start for everyone (except if you think, like LilyRain, people purposely lies). Ok the "endless" customization, ok the fact it's a unique game, but if we all know how APB is and perceived now, well, it's much cry and little wool. 

Pax et bonum - Ite, missa est

1 hour ago, GoPlayUWO said:

Repetita iuvant: reason why you - in general - wanna promote/advertise/whatever this game in its current (read: past (and near future?) state is something beyond me. Besides the EU, besides lack of new contents, besides all the problems APB community highlights every single day on forum, you are "interested" in "getting the numbers up". Long story short: "let's pull the wool over people's eyes over and over". Mind you, it can work for some days, but people is not that stupid, realizing spending money in this game is useless if you can't see any improvement in short time. Advertising an already well known (infamous?) "broken" game is not a smart move. Read what people type on Steam: this can/should be a good start for everyone (except if you think, like LilyRain, people purposely lies). Ok the "endless" customization, ok the fact it's a unique game, but if we all know how APB is and perceived now, well, it's much cry and little wool. 

What is with all the butt hurt people? Once Matt doesn’t post a update for a month, you all start claiming the game will shutdown, Matt is got no money and that’s he’s juicing the money from the game? You need to chill and stop making a bad impression of the game. 

Edited by Zombication

1 hour ago, GoPlayUWO said:

Is it really that hard to believe that people blatantly lie?

Considering the topic, if advertising happens, you did in fact lie about lack of new content because there is PLENTY of game time and things for New Players to explore before they even hit R195 to experience the real world yet even reach R255. Lack of "new" content is a problem to those who have played for years, not for new players.

10 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Is it really that hard to believe that people blatantly lie?

Considering the topic, if advertising happens, you did in fact lie about lack of new content because there is PLENTY of game time and things for New Players to explore before they even hit R195 to experience the real world yet even reach R255. Lack of "new" content is a problem to those who have played for years, not for new players.

Wrong again (surprise surprise). I was quoting this one. So, no, I didn't lie. My fault was to add the word "new".

18 hours ago, Zombication said:

Hi all,

Besides the late release of the engine upgrade and lack of content 

I totally agree with you, people blatantly lie. What I was trying to say in that now closed thread was I didn't lie to you, simply because I had nothing to gain doing so, just typing my personal and extremely limited experience.

Edited by GoPlayUWO

23 hours ago, Zombication said:

I just wish people would just try and revive APB instead of hating on it and giving it a bad name. The community knows the lack of care companies give this game but it doesn’t need to let down by the players 😕

After years of disappointment followed by a little glimpse of hope, just to end up with more disappointment.. do you really expect players to stop hating and try to revive it?

i would not even recommend this game to the people i dislike, let alone any of my friends

We have had to remove a number of posts from this thread.

Please keep discussions civil and to the topic at hand.

~@mayii

• Thanks 1

All my threats end up with a moderator taking out peoples replies and then closes the topic. Maybe I’m cursed. Maybe I should not post threads. ✌️