karmafull

Honest opinions - When the engine update dropping?

Either it's gonna come out of nowhere all of a sudden one day or the game will be dead long before it's done.

Wait for him with the first sunbeam, he will come on the 1st day of the week, from the west.

I believe the Engine was a Re-Hoax.

It could be that it was not an intentional Hoax, but more like a 'back-yard' mechanic.

I Can Fix it, So he starts off with a nice buffing n a paint job, then add's some bling, some KC lights.

Then he opens the hood, after clearing out the rats nest and removing what could only be the bones of

Jimmy Hoffa, unveiling a small Murray Marine 2-stroke diesel.

Next he finds that all of the bolts are Standard n he only has Metric tools, then he calls the owner n tells him

he can still fix it, but it will take more time. He goes back with some pliers and a saw, looks in n says;

Ah we dont need this hose, or that wire. Fan wont turn, well screw it we only need a fan when we're stopped.

Door wont latch on one side so he take off the door, he finds people have been Hacking into his gas tank, So he removes the Locking Gas Cap n replaces it with a grease rag n pounds a hole in the bottom of the tank and places a Jerry-can full of gas next to the gas tank, n puts a sign on it. Free Gas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

New engine will come around the same time when Musk Industries opens a new colony on Proxima Centauri.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

New engine will come around the same time when Musk Industries opens a new colony on Proxima Centauri.

Which they'll have to do a recall on.

• Like 3

I'm not even sure if the engine update is worth the years of development they've put into it.

If they ever do get it figured out, I feel like it might be too little too late, you know? Because the version of the Unreal Engine they're updating to is already way outdated too! Epics already got Unreal 5 going and APB is still trying to figure out Unreal 3.

It would be interesting to know what the plan is beyond the engine upgrade,

You don't want to do that either. You think you do. But you don't.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

I believe the Engine was a Re-Hoax.

It could be that it was not an intentional Hoax, but more like a 'back-yard' mechanic.

I Can Fix it, So he starts off with a nice buffing n a paint job, then add's some bling, some KC lights.

Then he opens the hood, after clearing out the rats nest and removing what could only be the bones of

Jimmy Hoffa, unveiling a small Murray Marine 2-stroke diesel.

Next he finds that all of the bolts are Standard n he only has Metric tools, then he calls the owner n tells him

he can still fix it, but it will take more time. He goes back with some pliers and a saw, looks in n says;

Ah we dont need this hose, or that wire. Fan wont turn, well screw it we only need a fan when we're stopped.

Door wont latch on one side so he take off the door, he finds people have been Hacking into his gas tank, So he removes the Locking Gas Cap n replaces it with a grease rag n pounds a hole in the bottom of the tank and places a Jerry-can full of gas next to the gas tank, n puts a sign on it. Free Gas.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e1o7aho6aof0khne42

4 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

1.30 or 2.2?

2.2 probably, since the code of it frozen for now.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, AltimaNEO said:

I'm not even sure if the engine update is worth the years of development they've put into it.

If they ever do get it figured out, I feel like it might be too little too late, you know? Because the version of the Unreal Engine they're updating to is already way outdated too! Epics already got Unreal 5 going and APB is still trying to figure out Unreal 3.

It would be interesting to know what the plan is beyond the engine upgrade,

The other problem is that even after the engine update, they'll still have to add new content and start advertising to get rid of the negative reputation and draw old players back.

All the engine update does it make it a lot easier to add new content, nothing much will actually change.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:28 AM, explosiveUA said:

Never 🙂

I feel like the new engine was never a realistic goal for this game.

i feel like engine update isnt real... the real goal was to create a battle royal and it sucked so they just put the game into maintenance mode. if it dies it dies.

at this point it would be easier to just remake APB on UE 5... wish someone would just make a shitty APB on UE 5 and maybe grow it into a real game, similar to how Rust blew up.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:56 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i feel like engine update isnt real... the real goal was to create a battle royal

Congratulations, you figured it out.

Edited by Hexerin

i posted before that i believe the game is being purposly left to die. Then gets a relaunch, everybody has to start from the begining.

13 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

i posted before that i believe the game is being purposly left to die. Then gets a relaunch, everybody has to start from the begining.

It's being left to die, that much is obvious. Maintenance mode doesn't cost much to maintain, and people still spend money on the game. A relaunch isn't happening though, the IP has been sold and the new owner is a mobile game dev.

• Like 2

Probably when we stay all of us death and we dream with it.

Engine update won't ever hit. 

There is another game called "The Isle" who ran into the EXACT same issue, and they learned quicker that it's MUCH easier to simply RE-MAKE the game than to try to update the old one.
(Google The Isle: EVRIMA / The Isle: Legacy for more info if you don't know what I'm referring to.)

LO Simply has to realize that taking a shortcut isn't the best move here. They're better off running 1.2 or whatever version they're currently running APB on while completely remaking the game in the new engine from scratch on the side.

YES, it's a long process. It's taken two whole years for The Isle to create EVRIMA, but the base game is done now, and official servers have been up and running for a year. If LO had simply done this, you'd already have APB 2.0 out, + a few updates, but LO made some stupid decisions and tried to save money and time with a shortcut that other companies discovered BEFORE them, wouldn't work.

So no, unless LO decides to finally learn from their mistakes and do what needs to be done, you won't see APB 2.0.

Edited by Lylith

17 minutes ago, Lylith said:

Engine update won't ever hit. 

There is another game called "The Isle" who ran into the EXACT same issue, and they learned quicker that it's MUCH easier to simply RE-MAKE the game than to try to update the old one.
(Google The Isle: EVRIMA / The Isle: Legacy for more info if you don't know what I'm referring to.)

LO Simply has to realize that taking a shortcut isn't the best move here. They're better off running 1.2 or whatever version they're currently running APB on while completely remaking the game in the new engine from scratch on the side.

YES, it's a long process. It's taken two whole years for The Isle to create EVRIMA, but the base game is done now, and official servers have been up and running for a year. If LO had simply done this, you'd already have APB 2.0 out, + a few updates, but LO made some stupid decisions and tried to save money and time with a shortcut that other companies discovered BEFORE them, wouldn't work.

So no, unless LO decides to finally learn from their mistakes and do what needs to be done, you won't see APB 2.0.

i don't think orbit can launch another apb game, they no longer own the ip rights

Really?! I didn't know that! Crazy.

Well, there goes that glimmer of hope.