karmafull

Honest opinions - When the engine update dropping?

13 hours ago, glaciers said:

i don't think orbit can launch another apb game, they no longer own the ip rights

Correct. The only thing LO can do is work on this specific game, they cannot remake it or release anything else under the APB name.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 10:25 AM, Hexerin said:

Correct. The only thing LO can do is work on this specific game, they cannot remake it or release anything else under the APB name.

They did at first, didn't bother.

*sigh*

People that have had faith in LO to actually release the engine upgrade (let alone a properly functioning one) gotta get their selves  checked out...
It's never been in the picture and it'll never happen... Not under the current developer team.

• Like 3

I still remember the rtw office videos and them explaining how much custom code the game had. Then people after them jumped on it, and more, all up to LO. Never expected it to be fast. 

Maybe near the end of this year 🥳😽👽:classic_smile:😀

Edited by Jazeker
  • Like 1

Let's just accept this game is dead.
3rd Month in 2022 without any news, nothing of 2021 roadmap was made.
The captain left the ship long ago.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, Lylith said:

Really?! I didn't know that! Crazy.

Well, there goes that glimmer of hope.

Even worse, they sold the APB IP/brand to a shady no-name mobile-game company. Trying to go to either apb.com OR their site (unitgame.com) gets blocked by Chrome for being too sketch. lmao. Such a baffling move and a slap to the face by LO. I love APB but I'm pretty sure once the servers shut down, the APB franchise dies with it.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, Vitrorax said:

Even worse, they sold the APB IP/brand to a shady no-name mobile-game company. Trying to go to either apb.com OR their site (unitgame.com) gets blocked by Chrome for being too sketch. lmao. Such a baffling move and a slap to the face by LO. I love APB but I'm pretty sure once the servers shut down, the APB franchise dies with it.

Nope. In this current market there will be people wanting to buy it. There is nothing else out there that can touch it in terms of creation and pure fun. If somebody else did buy it, they may put the creation behind a pay wall. With regards the engine update. I have no idea, it cost millions to make APB, and from what i gather, the engine update is being built from the ground up. If it were easy to do, other companies would have built their own, but that has not been done, so i have never put much hope in the engine update or if it would be even better then the current version.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:52 PM, ZoriaDunne said:

Let's just accept this game is dead.
3rd Month in 2022 without any news, nothing of 2021 roadmap was made.
The captain left the ship long ago.

That's basically it. The game has been left to rot after they saw themselves trapped in a corner.

If they're about to turn back around and re-do things, they should at least keep getting us updated. Now they just hid in the shadows, and nothing else has been said ever since.

Even Matt himself isn't posting anything else. That's a major letdown for me.