Arianna

fix the matchmaking or bring back the threat districts

On 3/4/2022 at 7:44 AM, Hexerin said:

80-100ms is the standard for any remotely decent online competitive shooter.

That's quite high really. Playable, but high for competitive. Anyway, not the main thing in this game anyway lol.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:53 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

imagine that if you come across a cheater, instead of suffering in the match for 20+ mins you can just leave... i think that there would be a bit less toxicity and upset players.

Whilst it may sound like a good idea and would definitely help. There are the top tier players who will abuse any options they can to form the best team they can. This would then be used to avoid weaker players and futher add to the matchmaking issues.

I can ping right up to over 300 whenever anyone comes near me, it's never a stable number, changes almost too fast to read the numbers. Makes it almost impossible to get anything but kill assists on missions. Sometimes all 28 bullets of my machine pistol into someones back at close range doesn't kill them, I have to reload and shoot them nearly 28 times more

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

On 3/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I can ping right up to over 300 whenever anyone comes near me, it's never a stable number, changes almost too fast to read the numbers. Makes it almost impossible to get anything but kill assists on missions. Sometimes all 28 bullets of my machine pistol into someones back at close range doesn't kill them, I have to reload and shoot them nearly 28 times more

i get that too with some players. Some players i lag out as soon as my crosshair touches them. Always thought that was weird.

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

i get that too with some players. Some players i lag out as soon as my crosshair touches them. Always thought that was weird.

Yeah. Remember that gold cheaters have a lag forcefield that they use. So that when your game renders them you will lag and stutter while they are on your screen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah. Remember that gold cheaters have a lag forcefield that they use. So that when your game renders them you will lag and stutter while they are on your screen.

The secret is you have to have a shirt with the KEKW emoji covering every part of it, not a pixel of vanilla shirt can be showing. Then you have to put a vanilla jacket on that covers the entire shirt and color it 0-0-0 black.

it just show dev don t play this game... must be blind to not see how much unfair it is

• Like 1

Ehm if you remove threat just remove threat… don't remove threat in matchmaking but keep threat on the couple now smashed together people. Thinking hoops being jumped through here paints a vague picture of a small group of people still giving great advice. I think they started when the game had decent numbers.  At least they can pass likes right.

Edited by Jazeker
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:23 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

On 3/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

The secret is you have to have a shirt with the KEKW emoji covering every part of it, not a pixel of vanilla shirt can be showing. Then you have to put a vanilla jacket on that covers the entire shirt and color it 0-0-0 black.

0-0-0 black or an "adidas-esque hoodie. Primary weapon must be the NTEC, Carbine, Scout, OSCAR, or PMG.

But really, i've had this happen with people, but it's always the same people, and no-one new. Probably have their character customization and -every- customization slot filled max under the hoodie.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

0-0-0 black or an "adidas-esque hoodie. Primary weapon must be the NTEC, Carbine, Scout, OSCAR, or PMG.

But really, i've had this happen with people, but it's always the same people, and no-one new. Probably have their character customization and -every- customization slot filled max under the hoodie.

It was a joke. It isn't actually a thing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It was a joke. It isn't actually a thing.

Oh trust me, we all like to joke about it. But i literally have had this issue against a handful of players. I don't think it's cheats or anything, i think it has to do with character customization, or maybe the server being just a crapshoot because the person's a BR or something. But I can't deny i've actually froze/stuttered out when aiming at a guy, always the same guy, even after a game restart, and it -only- being that one guy, even weeks apart.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Oh trust me, we all like to joke about it. But i literally have had this issue against a handful of players. I don't think it's cheats or anything, i think it has to do with character customization, or maybe the server being just a crapshoot because the person's a BR or something. But I can't deny i've actually froze/stuttered out when aiming at a guy, always the same guy, even after a game restart, and it -only- being that one guy, even weeks apart.

That's not how the customization models and textures are 'baked down'. 

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's not how the customization models and textures are 'baked down'. 

I mean, it took G1 3 years to figure out that character models had applied "double" the intended value to scale/sizing or something. We know that increased customization causes stress on the server, and that using things like USPStyles thing to remove even character textures can reduce lag and fps drops (because models and textures have resolution ranges and the like).

To me it's not far fetched to believe that that's the cause. Especially when there's no other explanation as to why when aiming or shooting at -that- specific player(s), I lag out, but have no issues with any others.

Though this is something that had occurred a number of years ago. Maybe LO fixed it in the back end by now in the coding or something. I haven't exactly been active lately. It's just something I starkly remember, because it was always the same people lel.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

APBisms lmao

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, it took G1 3 years to figure out that character models had applied "double" the intended value to scale/sizing or something. We know that increased customization causes stress on the server, and that using things like USPStyles thing to remove even character textures can reduce lag and fps drops (because models and textures have resolution ranges and the like).

To me it's not far fetched to believe that that's the cause. Especially when there's no other explanation as to why when aiming or shooting at -that- specific player(s), I lag out, but have no issues with any others.

Though this is something that had occurred a number of years ago. Maybe LO fixed it in the back end by now in the coding or something. I haven't exactly been active lately. It's just something I starkly remember, because it was always the same people lel.

Fun fact if you have an APBCompat.ini file that has a high quality character and vehicle preset, and also has one with playdough untextured characters and vehicles, you can achieve an effect where only your currently equipped outfit and vehicle customizations load by loading into an empty district with the high preset, then switching it to the playdough one, and joining any other district. If you do this while any other characters are loaded they will also have their stuff loaded so if you encounter them elsewhere in game their stuff will be visible too, hence the empty district part.

This is probably well known by certain parts of the community, or not, idk, I don't associate with people enough to know if it's common knowledge or not xD

I ran into it while trying to force the character models to not load and remain as the "default" model

totally not wildly offtopic x3

6 hours ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

APBisms lmao

Fun fact if you have an APBCompat.ini file that has a high quality character and vehicle preset, and also has one with playdough untextured characters and vehicles, you can achieve an effect where only your currently equipped outfit and vehicle customizations load by loading into an empty district with the high preset, then switching it to the playdough one, and joining any other district. If you do this while any other characters are loaded they will also have their stuff loaded so if you encounter them elsewhere in game their stuff will be visible too, hence the empty district part.

This is probably well known by certain parts of the community, or not, idk, I don't associate with people enough to know if it's common knowledge or not xD

I ran into it while trying to force the character models to not load and remain as the "default" model

totally not wildly offtopic x3

I have read this ten times but I still don't understand it, technical jargon just doesn't compute with this simpleton. When I click on all my different outfits, it takes at least 30 seconds to change the picture. It would take ages to find the right one so I named them with different titles so mugger is the trampy one, veteran the mission one, king of the dead halloween one. If I click on all of them then run off down the street he'll cycle through each outfit every ten seconds. I lag when shooting at everyone, even those clones in default clothes that haven't been customised but some will cause the screen to freeze until I'm dead, I often won't see what killed me.

1 hour ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I have read this ten times but I still don't understand it, technical jargon just doesn't compute with this simpleton. When I click on all my different outfits, it takes at least 30 seconds to change the picture. It would take ages to find the right one so I named them with different titles so mugger is the trampy one, veteran the mission one, king of the dead halloween one. If I click on all of them then run off down the street he'll cycle through each outfit every ten seconds. I lag when shooting at everyone, even those clones in default clothes that haven't been customised but some will cause the screen to freeze until I'm dead, I often won't see what killed me.

tl;dr potato config memes

There was a guy with a very very questionable account (still around) at one stage was a completly blacked out character. He would wait for our team to attack. As we got close to him the whole team lagged out, cut to his death theme. Blitzkreig after Blitzkreig . This happened over and over again for about 2 weeks and i took a break for a while. I reported it in of course. Later i learned that there was a lag trick that people were using. This guy was one of those players, if he wasnt dethreating, he was doing something else questionable.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:29 AM, cowhorseman said:

i got an easy fix. now read real close

stop playing and unistall. there no more unfair matchs 100%

there are but we don't speak about those