Arianna

fix the matchmaking or bring back the threat districts

i got an easy fix. now read real close

stop playing and unistall. there no more unfair matchs 100%

• Like 2

What isn't broken can't be fixed.

Out of 40v40 (assuming the district is full), the matchmaker can only match those in a ready state after pressing k, which aren't plentiful at all. Usually only 2 teams are ready at a time. The matchmaker really hasn't got much choice but to put those people together.

There are only 2 major things you can do:

1- If you aren't interested in a challenge (or zero-honor OCA team), Do NOT press k as soon as you are done with a mission against a group of 'super demi-Gods'. Give them some time to get matched with someone else first.

2- This is easier said than done but considering people were waiting since 2014, might as well continue waiting till the New Engine is out, then wait even more after that till Phasing is finalized (Phasing will allow matching across all similar districts). This SHOULD make matching a bit less rough.

• Like 1

since they sold APB ip they should just remove factions... then it would be 80 players being matched instead of 40.

also, get rid of 4 man groups... make it max 2 players. 

also, get rid of "alliance" setting as its contributing to the matchmaking being trash.

also, if you don't want to remove 4 man group... make a group district and a solo district instead. make 1 district only enterable by grouped players and the other only for solo players. (this is probably the easiest band-aid solution for the meantime)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it that hard? In the finished selection system, change the settings? It's just some kind of constant values, or an equation. The developers acted irresponsibly.

I can't say I am very surprised by the fact that the majority of people who were particularly vocal in their criticism of the dethreaters are now doing the same thing - stomping on the new and/or noticeably less skilled players with no mercy and regrets. We can't use a double standard for measuring our own and other people's policies.

The current system without the threat segregation seems to be working just fine as a band-aid solution, yet the crux of the matter still remains. 

• Like 2

My only complaint is Trainees getting placed in missions against max rank golds. But as Lily pointed out, there's not enough players for the matchmaking system to choose from. You get what you get.

If it was possible to bring back the tutorial district that would help new players get started without eating 1000s of bullets their first mission. It would also be nice if the weapon stats displayed in game were correct.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

since they sold APB ip they should just remove factions... then it would be 80 players being matched instead of 40.

also, get rid of 4 man groups... make it max 2 players. 

also, get rid of "alliance" setting as its contributing to the matchmaking being trash.

also, if you don't want to remove 4 man group... make a group district and a solo district instead. make 1 district only enterable by grouped players and the other only for solo players. (this is probably the easiest band-aid solution for the meantime)

2's are unbalanced literally makes it impossible attacking a lot of the time

19 hours ago, Arianna said:

we are getting destroyed in there 

you've been around for 4 years.... the ones needing protecting are the sub 3-6 month.

56 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

you've been around for 4 years.... the ones needing protecting are the sub 3-6 month.

if only they existed

• Like 1

how do you fix matchmaking when you have less people online than can fill one district?

5 hours ago, illgot said:

how do you fix matchmaking when you have less people online than can fill one district?

By chasing the remaining people away and making sure nobody else wants to play your game.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MonkaS said:

if only they existed

Admittedly, I do not visit San Paro often, I have perhaps 2-3 hours free per week when I could be playing video-games, but often I chose to do something else instead. Regardless, whenever I decide to play something and log in this game, I always meet someone new who's a genuine newbie and starting out on their APB adventure. Unquestionably, they do exist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

Admittedly, I do not visit San Paro often, I have perhaps 2-3 hours free per week when I could be playing video-games, but often I chose to do something else instead. Regardless, whenever I decide to play something and log in this game, I always meet someone new who's a genuine newbie and starting out on their APB adventure. Unquestionably, they do exist. 

nope they're not newbs they're noobs or someone playing on an alt or a console player moving to pc or some returning player who forgot there account info I guarantee there are no new apb players. 3 years ago maybe you'd see the occasional new player but no apb just loses players we don't gain.  

I'd never even heard of APB this time last year.

Merged.

51 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

nope they're not newbs they're noobs or someone playing on an alt or a console player moving to pc or some returning player who forgot there account info I guarantee there are no new apb players. 3 years ago maybe you'd see the occasional new player but no apb just loses players we don't gain.  

I'd never even heard of APB 10 months ago. The only game I'd played on a PC since games like wolfenstein, quake, doom and GTA1&2 was a farming simulator game though we used it as bridge and ramp building simulator with giant cranes and telehandelies and stuff like that. The last bridge we built was an absolute monster that went across a lake to an island where we put giant ramps all around the edges,ramp island. Built giant ramps out of bridges up the side of a multi storey car park and jumped for miles. It's not easy building these bridges on a farming game, the materials are downloaded mods and can behave a bit glitchy, that's what makes it so addictive, you keep failing and evolving.

I have seen people driving those starter vehicles, can't trade yet and seem very confused as to what they are supposed to do in the chat. One didn't know how to customise his vehicle.

7 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Hey, perhaps I can't tell with a great certainty who might be covertly cheating and I shun all unnecessary judgement, but after 10+ years of APB experience I can definitely tell whether or not someone is new to the game, even if they are shamming. I do agree with your statement APB is steadily losing its players, even those newbies I get chance occasionally to meet and spend some time with usually do not stay for long. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 3:05 AM, Arianna said:

we are getting destroyed in there 

Do not more play this game. Go to other games with anticheat and mm. More i cant say to this.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EVInezca said:

Do not more play this game. Go to other games with anticheat and mm. More i cant say to this.

So, We're just suppose to abandon our game of 7 years and thousands of dollars, because We can't compete with cheaters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tumbies said:

This is what ppl mean by "toxic players" ruining the game - these rats with with 100s of rerolls and 10,000s of hours ruining it for everyone 

Nobody needs hundreds of bog rolls they are leaving the rest of us with cacky cracks

• Thanks 1