Jorlak

I've got some questions left.

Hello! I wanna keep the post itself relatively short, but I was wondering if LittleOrbit has also made any plans on increasing the playersize of a district.

It's always frustrating to come online and needing to spam click, join district because I have no other choice to go to that one because the others are either empty or not for my thread.

And there used to be a awesome thing back in the day... LIKE LONG AGO, where you would have blue bullet tracers, will something similiar going to be implemented back in the game someday.

Or is that a no go.

You can sort of see it happening here, I couldn't get a good specific video for it. But this should explain it.

If i'm not wrong, Tracers end up causing a lot of lag on the current engine, which is why it was removed forever ago.

Also, If the servers could handle it I would 100% agree with bigger district caps, as well as a queuing system. 

• Like 1

Bullet tracers were broken for a very long time therefore removed from the game. They might come back with the engine upgrade. For example silenced weapons have no point of existing right now since the silencer mod was supposed to remove bullet tracers.

1 minute ago, Thial said:

For example silenced weapons have no point of existing right now since the silencer mod was supposed to remove bullet tracers.

Doesn't it also slightly reduce recoil + muzzle flash?

1 minute ago, FaleFly said:

Doesn't it also slightly reduce recoil + muzzle flash?

The recoil reduction is so small that they could as well just remove the mod and you wouldn't feel the difference.

11 minutes ago, Thial said:

The recoil reduction is so small that they could as well just remove the mod and you wouldn't feel the difference.

Not necessarily true. You can notice it on certain guns since its percentile based. Play with the trouble maker and then compare it to any other vas-c2 and you'll notice a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Not necessarily true. You can notice it on certain guns since its percentile based. Play with the trouble maker and then compare it to any other vas-c2 and you'll notice a difference. 

My point is that with weapons which already have tiny recoil, if you reduce the recoil by say 5% that's like no difference at all.

2 minutes ago, Thial said:

My point is that with weapons which already have tiny recoil, if you reduce the recoil by say 5% that's like no difference at all.

Don't forget theres also silenced guns without the silencer mod! Like the dmr-sd

edit: but yeah. I understand what you're saying, kinda would be op if they freed up the mod slot though. A whisper with cj2/3 oof

Edited by Nanometic

Blue muzzle flash just designated modded guns no?

And yeah silenced weapons have less recoil, but tend to have other drawbacks such as reduced range, and/or reduced hard damage.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I second this for a 50/50 instance again. Means more matchmaking too.

Exactly, I can't for them to increase it again. It's just so frustrating spam clicking "Join District" All the time

1 hour ago, FaleFly said:

If i'm not wrong, Tracers end up causing a lot of lag on the current engine, which is why it was removed forever ago.

Also, If the servers could handle it I would 100% agree with bigger district caps, as well as a queuing system. 

Oh, I didn't know that. All I remember was that we had them and suddenly they were gone. Thanks!

I would like if all silenced guns (with the mod, not the DMR/SD) had the effect of removing the radar signature over a certain distance like the Raptor (I think that was the name of the legendary weapon). I only use silenced weapons cause of the sound these days, it honestly feels like nothing but drawbacks using a silenced version of an unsilenced gun. -1 bullet in the mag, less hard damage, still show up on radar anyway. I think the weapons are fairly audible enough that removing the radar signature wouldn't provide an overwhelming advantage.

Anyway, sorry for being off topic.

I do agree with increasing the player limit per district, if the servers can handle it. And I never played the game that long ago where I'd see blue tracers so idk how to feel about those

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

I totally agree with increasing the district population limit but remember they already decreased it in the past to reduce lag. Although I can see it happening once we get the engine upgrade. 

WTB a queue system to join a district at least.

Oh, that video. I love it, great tool for helping new players understand a few more of the 'not mentioned but simple mechanics'.

4 hours ago, FaleFly said:

Tracers didn't have any noticeable performance hit, and were just accidentally broken when G1 attempted to update their VFX system. There were more issues at the time, but those got fixed unlike the tracers. No idea why they never bothered, as it should be just a ribbon material and shouldn't take more than a day to recreate. All the code is already there.

6 hours ago, xFlame said:

Hello! I wanna keep the post itself relatively short, but I was wondering if LittleOrbit has also made any plans on increasing the playersize of a district.

It's always frustrating to come online and needing to spam click, join district because I have no other choice to go to that one because the others are either empty or not for my thread.

More the number of players in a district, more time for customisation in the game to load. Already the game is poorly optimised, u dont want to worsen it any further. Map isnt much bigger for more than 50 v 50. Already there are a lot of ppl running in between missions cuz it is a mission for them in there.

Apb uses only one core of ur CPU. So even ppl using the beast cpu's play on lowest setting to get the competitive edge. Join a district which just has 10 vs 10 ppl and the textures will be loaded real faster than a full district.

There will be no need for 50v50 instances if we will get proper cross district matchmaking. The transition will be almost seamless. The way it would look for you is that everyone from your current district disappears and suddenly new players from the target district appear just as it is in many MMOs currently.

Make the servers 250v250 Complete chaos! Make the game feel like the lore would have you believe.

18 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

More the number of players in a district, more time for customisation in the game to load. Already the game is poorly optimised, u dont want to worsen it any further. Map isnt much bigger for more than 50 v 50. Already there are a lot of ppl running in between missions cuz it is a mission for them in there.

Apb uses only one core of ur CPU. So even ppl using the beast cpu's play on lowest setting to get the competitive edge. Join a district which just has 10 vs 10 ppl and the textures will be loaded real faster than a full district.

I play on maximum settings and I've still got 100 FPS so I'll have to disagreee with that but you are right about the customisations

1 minute ago, xFlame said:

I play on maximum settings and I've still got 100 FPS so I'll have to disagreee with that but you are right about the customisations

It's not about being able to pull off 100 / 120 fps. It's about the random stuttering and other performance issues. It's relatively easy to get 120fps but the stability is a whole different topic. And it's those random stutters / fps drops that make you lose.

2 minutes ago, xFlame said:

Go check ur fps stability in a populated district and a less populated district.

Ways to stress out the fps: explosions, driving, facing an ogre opponent.

Just now, skinnypee said:

why I cant login?

STDs?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FaleFly said:

Tracers were broken, not removed.

It was low on the list of things to fix.

• Thanks 1