Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

I have, it is called discipline. You just didn't think things through, hence denying your own words & attempting to change your stances so rapidly as shown and explained down below.

That opening line literally told me everything I need to know about the rest of this essay. So tbh, didn't bother reading it

Anyone with eyes can literally see that you're purposefully arguing in bad faith 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have my faith in this game. It's been around for a long time and the devs are having to fix the mistakes of the previous companies all while rebuilding the game in a completely new engine. I don't know for sure how many people are working on the engine but I'm sure its not that many due to the smaller and smaller income in the pockets of the company because of the smaller playerbase. The marketing campaign will come when the new engine is out and the players will come back to a better APB. We just have to stick together as a community to make sure the game doesn't die until then and have faith in the developers that are trying their best to make this game better. Get your friends in the game and keep the servers alive and we will have a great time while we wait for the developers to do their job. If you like playing the game then just play it and don't complain about how slow the development is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 9:57 PM, AlienTM said:

This company is dead.Not gonna make sht.They did 0 to the game in 2021.This new 2.2 version of the engine was in work from last spring and even social is far from finished.Which means that nobodys workin on the game and this company is broke and with debts(probably)Thats why for me at least - is pointless to keep hopin something to happen.I think they had good intentions but last couple of years fkd em up badly so best thing rigt now is to sell the game to another company.Otherwise is going nowhere

13 hours ago, AlienTM said:

They aint gonna finish anything even if you give them 5 more years.They r broke..or if they r not-give us update whats going on right now...

p.s. new content can be the contacts already made by G1(the mma guy and the woman)which Matt said in one of the streams with Kemp that they r finished.This way they can bring more players(old and new)so people will have something to do.They can add other contacts later with the engine(which will never happen with LO thats clear as day)

Jesus man, the fuck are you still doing here if you think the Engine will never come out? Don't you have anything better to do than keep saying LO is broke and in debt? Which then to know these things are you an employee of theirs or what? Or maybe you're relying solely on the story of the lawsuit with Descendent Studios about where LO is "supposed" to not have enough money to pay for the dispute they lost?

Go do something else and let them mind their own fucking business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

You wouldn't use the pistol against a shotgun in CQC would you

haha you should play ce's multiplayer and experience the magnum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kast2 said:

Jesus man, the fuck are you still doing here if you think the Engine will never come out?

 

9 hours ago, Kast2 said:

Go do something else and let them mind their own fucking business.

Im here since 2011 and want honest answers.Thats all i want..and u ll see that what im sayn is right

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

Im here since 2011 and want honest answers.Thats all i want..and u ll see that what im sayn is right

so you want answers but you're certain you already have the answers, that doesn't really make much sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2022 at 20:59, PLAYLUXE said:

Se você está se mudando para uma casa nova, vai comprar móveis novos antes ou depois da mudança?

 

Faz todo o sentido não adicionar novo conteúdo ao mecanismo atual. Quanto mais eles adicionarem agora, mais tempo a atualização levará, porque eles teriam que mover mais conteúdo para o novo.

Como a Reloaded Games não fez basicamente nada, a Little Orbit teve que começar desde o início quando assumiu em 2018. Portanto, conte pelo menos 5 a 7 anos a partir de 2018, já que a pandemia de Covid desacelerou tudo nos últimos 2 anos. E ainda estará desacelerando o progresso por pelo menos mais 2 anos.

I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thought this thread was about engine upgrade why are ya'll talking about gun balance and gameplay changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

thought this thread was about engine upgrade why are ya'll talking about gun balance and gameplay changes

While the Engine Upgrade is at the center of all their plans, discussing balance at this very moment is of utmost importance, perhaps one of the last moments where it can be safely brought up while having some time to do something about it. I say this because of the latest roadmap LO officially posted:

 

unknown.png

 

Of course, some delays happened so the New Engine is now internally at version 2.2, hopefully in 2022 instead of 2021 but LO is yet to give any official statement/changes to this roadmap. Therefore at this moment, the current plan stands the same in order.

 

Balancing was brought up because not only it highlights serious issues when it comes to how balancing was and is being delayed for no reason but also because unlike some other things (e.g phasing, global merge), it REALLY doesn't need the new engine to be done, period. With the given order of goals, delaying it is nothing but procrastination and a recipe for failure. Balancing the game is not to be ignored because... APB is a game at the end of the day.

 

If we don't talk about this now and get it out, might as well watch the whole thing go down in flames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glaciers said:

so you want answers but you're certain you already have the answers, that doesn't really make much sense

things are clear for me i just post wih the intention to actually move something..anything..if something can move at all

anyway enough with my sht dont wanna get angry some of the staff so i get my account ban or some sht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LilyRain said:

While the Engine Upgrade is at the center of all their plans, discussing balance at this very moment is of utmost importance, perhaps one of the last moments where it can be safely brought up while having some time to do something about it. I say this because of the latest roadmap LO officially posted:

 

unknown.png

 

Of course, some delays happened so the New Engine is now internally at version 2.2, hopefully in 2022 instead of 2021 but LO is yet to give any official statement/changes to this roadmap. Therefore at this moment, the current plan stands the same in order.

 

Balancing was brought up because not only it highlights serious issues when it comes to how balancing was and is being delayed for no reason but also because unlike some other things (e.g phasing, global merge), it REALLY doesn't need the new engine to be done, period. With the given order of goals, delaying it is nothing but procrastination and a recipe for failure. Balancing the game is not to be ignored because... APB is a game at the end of the day.

 

If we don't talk about this now and get it out, might as well watch the whole thing go down in flames.

Trust me when I say weapon balance/meta will change with better performance and matchmaking will improve for a while when(if) engine upgrade comes out. Also there's really no reason to discuss in this thread especially since its already being discussed in other threads and has nothing to do with ops' question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Trust me when I say weapon balance/meta will change with better performance and matchmaking will improve for a while when(if) engine upgrade comes out. Also there's really no reason to discuss in this thread especially since its already being discussed in other threads and has nothing to do with ops' question. 

I'd like to but client performance, matchmaking and weapon balance are all their distinct things. Improving performance and matchmaking will change nothing balance-wise.

 

It has everything to do with OP's question. Read it again, he is talking about the effect of "time" and ultimately asking whether LO is doing things in a time-manner that is factually good or not.

Edited by LilyRain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done with missions until something changes. With nearly 40 cops the only opposition you can give me time after time are gold tier players with ridiculously OP weapons that can kill me before I can fire a second shot even if I run up on them out of nowhere and start shooting first. I was trying to get 5 kills for daily activity, I got 3 in fuck knows how many hours of missions and got dumped back down to bronze. I'll do two missions a day, 1 complete a mission for 10JT and another spawn in a vehicle 3 times for another 10 until I  get me one of these gold weapons. It's quicker to level up by mugging.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, Zombication said:

Wouldn’t it make sense for the engine upgrade to be released now and bugs/performance issues be improved with patches and updates, unless the current upgrade is game breaking. 🤷🏽‍♂️

You need an actual engine to do that, didn't you notice by now the engine isn't real? Been waiting since 2012+

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zombication said:

Rest in piece to my email 🙏🏽

I ask myself if you are that Zombication playing in Patriot some years ago.... *mumble mumble*

(Btw, nice gurl in that pic!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 1:24 PM, Zombication said:

Rest in piece to my email 🙏🏽

Oh yeah! So here's the reason why we can't have the Engine Upgrade right now: we don't have enough reddit karma

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, LilyRain said:

While I do agree that playtesting to verify changes practically is important, it doesn't truly help in staying on an approach that was tried before and wasn't fruitful nor it really supports his claim of things not being addressed for a long time because of it. It isn't like those District A and B weapon tests were rapid enough to prevent that long time either. It would actually take longer, months upon months to visit every weapon in the game in this way and there would still be discrepancies/inconsistencies at the end of the first pass, because with this approach, those mini-changes also keep in view other weapons that were touched and to be touched.

 

With their reasonings and how they approach this mess, it just won't end in a reasonable time, especially when that is the plan according to LO's roadmap and that is to wait for the New Engine before attempting to make the balance better (amongst other qualities of life), which brings another great example, being that OCA buff and PMG nerf in order to swap their places in the meta when simply nerfing the PMG would've sufficed. Problem is they didn't really bother to make other weapons that are in desperate need of a buff faster either. Funny enough they actually nerfed LTL. They simply don't seem to be even trying.

 

At this stage, a healthier and rather unavoidable approach is to simply decide on a baseline (which SakeBee said they did establish one but didn't really show where it is in the current roster of weapons) then buff/nerf all weapons towards it by a certain percentage, because atm, a lot of weapons are their own distinct baselines when there shouldn't be this many. From there, tweaking weapons individually in smaller increments would finally become less of a wall, because then weapons wouldn't be so niche or with some ancient unchangeable identities that don't really allow for narrowing the gaps between weapons a bit further.

 

I agree, though said baseline should be likely based on range increments. Something i've noticed for example with STAR/FAR/NTEC for example, is that you can TTK up to ~10-15m, then up to 50m, the average ttk with "perfect" accuracy goes from .7(.75) to ~1.25/1.35 with perfect ttk to accuracy ratio (I used a macro to test the NTEC's ROF Accuracy regain once)

 

Snipers are bit more difficult because theirs goes from like what? 1.4 on average to 1.7, with the DMR going as low as .8 at long range. But most guns should be fine if they follow a similar base TTK with different accuracy based on ranges. A lot of the current weapons, least before I took a break, was balanced about a similar TTK at these ranges, though for example, STAR would still lose out to the NTEC, as it's not as good at ranged, but it would still do better in cqc spray. Weapon mods also change this a lot (*glares at HS3 being used on every non cqc weapon*)

 

 

45 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

You're clearly more of a loudmouth than even Hexerin. 2185 posts and you only netted 292 approvals..

 

You guys are a waste of space. Would be nice to see you two post something meaningful for once.

hehe, i'm an even bigger loud mouth. I've posted so much that people didn't like. (*laughs in ntec rebalance discussions*) I wonder how many have higher than 10k posts that actually talk anymore...

 

 

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I agree, though said baseline should be likely based on range increments. Something i've noticed for example with STAR/FAR/NTEC for example, is that you can TTK up to ~10-15m, then up to 50m, the average ttk with "perfect" accuracy goes from .7(.75) to ~1.25/1.35 with perfect ttk to accuracy ratio (I used a macro to test the NTEC's ROF Accuracy regain once)

Yeah, sounds about right

 

23 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Snipers are bit more difficult because theirs goes from like what? 1.4 on average to 1.7, with the DMR going as low as .8 at long range. But most guns should be fine if they follow a similar base TTK with different accuracy based on ranges. A lot of the current weapons, least before I took a break, was balanced about a similar TTK at these ranges, though for example, STAR would still lose out to the NTEC, as it's not as good at ranged, but it would still do better in cqc spray. Weapon mods also change this a lot (*glares at HS3 being used on every non cqc weapon*)

Absolutely

 

STAR doing better than N-TEC at CQC still has some depth to it because N-TEC still kills faster. If STAR is a piece of burger-meat then N-TEC is the buns. Perhaps at the upper-range of CQC towards low-mid range.

 

Yep, weapon mods are insane. Hunting Sight is a prime reason as to why New Players are initially screwed. I would rather it only be a zoom modifier but nooo... let the new players with their zero-slot STAR effectively not be able to make use of the weapon's effective range and indirectly, also not be able to burst/spray with it better (because minimum accuracy isn't as good without Hunting Sight).

 

23 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

hehe, i'm an even bigger loud mouth. I've posted so much that people didn't like. (*laughs in ntec rebalance discussions*) I wonder how many have higher than 10k posts that actually talk anymore...

lol perhaps but at least you can hold a discussion without meaningless, childish spam.

 

Not so many, Glaciers continues to do a fine job with 13k+ posts. He's objectively the King of Forums atm.

Edited by LilyRain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I understand the terms like DMR but CQC is close range right? I'm getting destroyed by N-Tecs at close range with an SMG even if they haven't seen me and I shoot them first. Most I get is 80 kill assist if somebody else can shoot them in the back. These aren't normal N-Tecs though, they are gold with 3 upgrades, cooling jacket 3 is one of them so the rate of fire is crazy fast.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I'm not sure I understand the terms like DMR but CQC is close range right? I'm getting destroyed by N-Tecs at close range with an SMG even if they haven't seen me and I shoot them first. Most I get is 80 kill assist if somebody else can shoot them in the back. These aren't normal N-Tecs though, they are gold with 3 upgrades, cooling jacket 3 is one of them so the rate of fire is crazy fast.

Depends on the SMG, I believe PMG, OCA, and NTEC have a .7 ttk. If you fire first, and lost, it's because you missed a shot (or several) and they didn't (and you likely aren't running CJ3 if new). CJ makes the NTEC bloom large AF, they can definitely spam fire real good sub 3-5m, but if you hit them with the OCA/PMG at 7-12m, where the NTEC starts to have to zoom in, and spray becomes much less effective due to bloom, you should be fine, especially if you can get corner leaning right. They'll have to burst fire or tap fire, increasing their TTK from .7 to ~1s+ just to get you, which gives you an extra 2-3 bullets downrange before they hit their ttk, if you pop in and out of cover some too, then it can benefit you as they will miss some shots and you can pop out and fire a lil faster than their reactions on defense (depending on player).

 

DMR is a sniper, other than the N-HVR which hits for up to 90 hp damage with full accuracy and a base ~1.7 ttk, the DMR has a lower TTK, and 3 shots to kill. It has a lower TTK, but a special benefit that it's damage ramps up over range, so that at either 83-93 (i forget the exact range), but about that far, you can get a 2 hit kill, at a .8 time to kill (ttk). It's generally considered the weaker or much more niche sniper due to it being 3 hits to kill (whereas an HVR can do 90, and straight up knock someone out of the game real quick, or pin them so that they have to hide, or die from your team in a bullet or two). But the DMR is a viable choice at times depending on the location and whether it's water front or financial. Especially if you can make use of the distance mechanic to outshoot other hvrs.

 

All snipers work well in waterfront the majority of the time, in financial Scout and HVR tend to be better choices if sniping, but a few places, typically near the warehouses/highways/water area work well for DMR as there's enough places to pop up at range to 2 hit enemies in the open.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

N-HVR which hits for up to 90 hp damage with full accuracy and a base ~1.7 ttk

770 max damage, 1.75s ttk (if you fire perfectly)

somebody's gotta be the stats nerd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

at either 83-93 (i forget the exact range), but about that far, you can get a 2 hit kill, at a .8 time to kill (ttk)

88m

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yeedman said:

770 max damage, 1.75s ttk (if you fire perfectly)

somebody's gotta be the stats nerd

1.75ttk at perfect execution is correct

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Engine Upgrade, i would see new stuff.
Especially in game mode. (Also little social activity ,in special maps, like minigames)
is 2022. come on.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...