Berkshire

Engine Upgrade

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Depends on the SMG, I believe PMG, OCA, and NTEC have a .7 ttk. If you fire first, and lost, it's because you missed a shot (or several) and they didn't (and you likely aren't running CJ3 if new). CJ makes the NTEC bloom large AF, they can definitely spam fire real good sub 3-5m, but if you hit them with the OCA/PMG at 7-12m, where the NTEC starts to have to zoom in, and spray becomes much less effective due to bloom, you should be fine, especially if you can get corner leaning right. They'll have to burst fire or tap fire, increasing their TTK from .7 to ~1s+ just to get you, which gives you an extra 2-3 bullets downrange before they hit their ttk, if you pop in and out of cover some too, then it can benefit you as they will miss some shots and you can pop out and fire a lil faster than their reactions on defense (depending on player).

DMR is a sniper, other than the N-HVR which hits for up to 90 hp damage with full accuracy and a base ~1.7 ttk, the DMR has a lower TTK, and 3 shots to kill. It has a lower TTK, but a special benefit that it's damage ramps up over range, so that at either 83-93 (i forget the exact range), but about that far, you can get a 2 hit kill, at a .8 time to kill (ttk). It's generally considered the weaker or much more niche sniper due to it being 3 hits to kill (whereas an HVR can do 90, and straight up knock someone out of the game real quick, or pin them so that they have to hide, or die from your team in a bullet or two). But the DMR is a viable choice at times depending on the location and whether it's water front or financial. Especially if you can make use of the distance mechanic to outshoot other hvrs.

All snipers work well in waterfront the majority of the time, in financial Scout and HVR tend to be better choices if sniping, but a few places, typically near the warehouses/highways/water area work well for DMR as there's enough places to pop up at range to 2 hit enemies in the open.

It was a colby SMG, absolute pants, took about 2 seconds to kill anyone, randomly occasionally though they would die as soon as I shot them, I have had luck popping in and out of cover, those cooling jackets make the bloom go large? I keep getting killed by these gunts in less than a second from a mile away while I'm chuffing running as well, how they manage that?

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Hello,

I've had to remove quite a bit of posts that weren't related to the topic at hand. Please keep this thread on topic or unfortunately we will have to close it.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Azukii

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LilyRain said:

1.75ttk at perfect execution is correct

I totally agree with data provided by LilyRain (as usual).

9 minutes ago, Azukii said:

Hello,

I've had to remove quite a bit of posts that weren't related to the topic at hand. Please keep this thread on topic or unfortunately we will have to close it.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Azukii

Much appreciated

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Much appreciated

I totally agree with you and thanks for you efforts to keep this thread alive providing useful data so even a new forum member like me can understand game mechanics (a bit) better. Hats off

17 hours ago, Yeedman said:

770 max damage, 1.75s ttk (if you fire perfectly)

somebody's gotta be the stats nerd

i used to be, i haven't played in a while so i didn't re-memorize all the weapon nerfs.

6 hours ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

It was a colby SMG, absolute pants, took about 2 seconds to kill anyone, randomly occasionally though they would die as soon as I shot them, I have had luck popping in and out of cover, those cooling jackets make the bloom go large? I keep getting killed by these gunts in less than a second from a mile away while I'm chuffing running as well, how they manage that?

The gun fires faster with CJ increasing I believe "max bloom", or at least hitting it faster. Full auto and hitting all 6 shots at farther ranges with any assault rifle is generally hard to do without a bit of spray. However, NTEC recovers its bloom really quickly as well so it's possible to burst and tap fire it effectively and any minor pause easily gives it it's base accuracy back. It's why at farther ranges it can ttk at ~1.28s with perfect accuracy just by tap firing. I believe it could be faster with a 2-3 shot bursts.

Colby is a hit or miss weapon at times, especially without reflex sight. But yeah, if you can't kill sub 1.5s on an ambush with any weapon in it's optimal range, you're going to have a hard time but that comes with practice.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i used to be, i haven't played in a while so i didn't re-memorize all the weapon nerfs

used to be 850

As it has become clear a civilised discussion can not be had, we will be closing this.

~@mayii