Gunsei

Old symbol ownership

So, I have symbols from ancient times of RTW, and they don't have creator listed, so I can't copy/edit them. I tried making a ticket about this but the "choose game" field was.. just words on the page not a selectable thing, so couldn't submit it.

Anyhow, is there any way support is able to fix old "orphaned" symbols?

Just now, Gunsei said:

So, I have symbols from ancient times of RTW, and they don't have creator listed, so I can't copy/edit them. I tried making a ticket about this but the "choose game" field was.. just words on the page not a selectable thing, so couldn't submit it.

Anyhow, is there any way support is able to fix old "orphaned" symbols?

You can only dupe or edit your OWN symbols.

Working as intended.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

Working as intended? The symbols have NO creator attached to them. That doesn't sound working as intended to me? Even themes I've had from players that got banned or from before server merges still have a creator attached to them.

2 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

Working as intended? The symbols have NO creator attached to them. That doesn't sound working as intended to me? Even themes I've had from players that got banned or from before server merges still have a creator attached to them.

But it's not YOUR symbol.

So, of course, you can not dupe or edit it.

8 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

i think bans used to delete the creator name, not sure about now tho

Well, I have to admit I was just unbanned today...

Just adding, like I said, they are symbols from RTW time, they were created BEFORE G1 was ever part of the picture.

Edited by Gunsei
Additional info

If you created those symbols yourself, you can duplicate/edit them, if they're not you can't. That's the simple rule. 
If you're implying you were the creator of them, but lost the credentials for the account that created them, you should be able to make 'em again. 
I'd rather not see people duplicate other peoples' work, regardless if they're gone or not. 

1 hour ago, Gunsei said:

does that matter if they have or not have a creator? unless you weren't the original creator, you wouldn't be able to copy/edit them anyways.

I honestly don't plan on ever using symbol creator again, it went from a way you could make RTW currency to pay your subscription, to something you are greatly limited on if you DONT subscribe.

What if You could dupe them But the original name is kept.

Just an idea open to discussion 

I made a symbol during RTW, when the game was lifted back up by G1 at some point I noticed the symbol I had made had no creator. 

I tried asking support but they couldn't help with it. 

"Dastard

AUG 10, 2014  |  01:52PM PDT

Unfortunately we do not have any way to re assign ownership of symbols."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

It wouldn't be fair to the creator if anyone can just dupe their work.

Edited by Cheeseburger!

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think bans used to delete the creator name, not sure about now tho

No, they never did.

I totally read this whole thread incorrectly. I though OP was saying that he had created them during RTW and now he can't dupe/edit. But yeah if you didn't create then why would you ever get the ability to dupe?

I had a double shoulder gun holster from RTW that I ported over to G1 but it was stuck as brown and gold. I got support to change it to a different character and it magically became customisable. However, I couldn't  dupe it so it was stuck in the same slot in my locker for years annoying me. 

On returning for LO APB I have finally bought it from ARMAS and deleted the old one.

I ramble. Point is that item was actually mine and I couldn't do anything with it.

Ps. I've literally never used the word 'dupe' before writing in this thread.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

What would be the point of that? You can already use the symbol infinitely when designing. Duping just matters for selling - sounds like a bad idea for any artist trying to do business.

6 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

You can only dupe or edit your OWN symbols.

Working as intended.

I love you ❤️

You could always just ask another creator to remake the symbol as you want it.

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

It would kill my N0kia symbol collection.

ya i wanna be able to edit my nzev themes and all the symbols i bought!1!!

I always though we should have it more like how Second Life did with ownership and usage of designs. Different rights based on what they were sold as. That way someone could edit something they bought but never make a copy or transfer it.

But on topic, youll have to get support to add an owner to it.

Would be nice to be able to have a "check-box" permission options when creating symbols, such as...

- open edit

- copy

- transfer

- full permissions

But this is so far off the important things on the list of things to fix/add. it'll never happen.

• Like 1

I see no reason for people to copy a symbol over and over, unless for resell.

As it stands, you can use the same symbol multiple times and messed over.

Ok. I never said my problem was I didn't create it.

Maybe screenshot will help illustrate the issue better than my words. Also, its 100 layer, it was my clan symbol (clan of mostly just me but hey), but now that clan name belongs to someone else, probably cause of  merge.

https://imgur.com/a/b0tdyYO

I'm not sure if you all would have reacted differently if I had worded it "Reloaded Productions erroneously listed as the creator of my symbols"

Everyone is quick to assume the worst, cast judgement, and put people down.

Also, I don't really plan on recreating my symbols, or asking someone else to, I mean, they aren't really super relevant to me or my game play anymore. It really isn't a big deal, if I was into selling stuff on the market, I would probably be more concerned.

• Like 1